A 2 man Disney bachelor party!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: A 2 man Disney bachelor party!

Post by Amy » May Wed 29, 2013 8:17 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:ironically, for my bach party I wanted everyone to go and do that..he said it was stupid and no one wanted to go to a theme park for a bach party...and now I am doing it for his!..how do I get one of those counters again btw I forgot. =(
Guess it is nice that he changed his mind so you get to go to WDW
As for the countdown ticker, I did a google search for free Disney countdown tickers...here is the link for where I did mine ~ http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Amy wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:ironically, for my bach party I wanted everyone to go and do that..he said it was stupid and no one wanted to go to a theme park for a bach party...and now I am doing it for his!..how do I get one of those counters again btw I forgot. =(
Guess it is nice that he changed his mind so you get to go to WDW
As for the countdown ticker, I did a google search for free Disney countdown tickers...here is the link for where I did mine ~ http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/
Just click on one and it should take you to the website.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » May Thu 30, 2013 10:40 am

thanks!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sat 01, 2013 7:35 am

Wow....A bachelor party at WDW....I wish I would of thought of that. :shock: :) :goofy:

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 5:34 am

just found out that the food court is closed while we will be there. They want to bus people to the other All Stars to eat!! How can they do that! I am going to try to change rooms. My friend that booked it for us is very busy and doesn't have the time to, so hopefully since my name is on it too they will let me.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 21, 2013 6:53 am

yodiwan1 wrote:just found out that the food court is closed while we will be there. They want to bus people to the other All Stars to eat!! How can they do that! I am going to try to change rooms. My friend that booked it for us is very busy and doesn't have the time to, so hopefully since my name is on it too they will let me.
Oh, you're going during the All Stars Sports food court renovation?! Ugh, that sounds like a mess. Hopefully you can switch ~ and maybe even get upgraded! I understand for many people that wouldn't be a problem as they don't really eat at the food court anyhow, but we almost always ate brekkie in the room so that would seriously have hampered our mornings. The free drink refills could be a pain as well. It is only a 5 minute walk or so from Sports to Music, but it would be a pain. Good luck changing your ressies!
Does anyone know what all they are doing during the refurb. It seems like an excessive time to have a food court for a big value resort down.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 8:10 am

They are bussing people to the other All Stars to eat, and only during mealtime hours. Who know what that means. The only available preferred room was at Pop which was $9 more. I made the switch but was not happy with them at all.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 9:01 am

yodiwan1 wrote:They are bussing people to the other All Stars to eat, and only during mealtime hours. Who know what that means. The only available preferred room was at Pop which was $9 more. I made the switch but was not happy with them at all.
I don't blame you. I don't know why they wouldn't tell you at time of booking that the food court will be closed, or if it is scheduled after the ressie is made, call you or email you. That's like a pool being closed while you're on summer vacation and them not telling you up front. I expect better customer service from Disney.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 1:41 pm

I said the same thing about customer service. Problem is I can't complain because I am getting a CM discount. Don't want to make waves for my friend.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Okay not trying to be mean or anything but it clearly says on WDW's site the food court is closed... And it is all of a five minute walk between the resorts. I get fed up with it always having to be up to Disney to tell people everything when that is what they run a website for.

And I have no more main gates or comps left so you have to find someone else for tickets, I'm really sorry.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 2:02 pm

when I booked the trip it wasn't online. I was given options. and at the time it was not online. The agent on the phone should say "by the way, were you aware that the food court will be closed at that time?"and it's more than a 5 min walk. and when you are only there for about 36 hours, every minute counts.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 10, 2013 3:09 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:when I booked the trip it wasn't online. I was given options. and at the time it was not online. The agent on the phone should say "by the way, were you aware that the food court will be closed at that time?"and it's more than a 5 min walk. and when you are only there for about 36 hours, every minute counts.
I would think the fact that the food court would be closed when people are making reservations should deserve a mention by the agent for sure!
So you are staying at the Pop Century resort now though right? You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I know several have stayed there and liked it. I'm just curious what makes it more expensive than the All Stars since the Pop is also considered a value right?
Only 36 hours? I wouldn't sleep at all! :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Amy wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:when I booked the trip it wasn't online. I was given options. and at the time it was not online. The agent on the phone should say "by the way, were you aware that the food court will be closed at that time?"and it's more than a 5 min walk. and when you are only there for about 36 hours, every minute counts.
I would think the fact that the food court would be closed when people are making reservations should deserve a mention by the agent for sure!
So you are staying at the Pop Century resort now though right? You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I know several have stayed there and liked it. I'm just curious what makes it more expensive than the All Stars since the Pop is also considered a value right?
Only 36 hours? I wouldn't sleep at all! :lol:
So, seriously, it's not outrageous to expect that if something in the resort is closed, that it's mentioned. Suppose you book a room for three nights at a hotel in downtown Chicago and they neglect to tell you that the street in front of their building and parking garage is closed? I mean, it's on the Chicago City website, and there's parking less than 10 minutes' walk away. If you're going to a major resort, and something as basic as EATING isn't available, that's something that should be stated up front. If the closure is scheduled after the reservation is made, the guest should be informed and given the option of changing the reservation. It's good business practice, and good customer service. If I make a reservation at a hotel, I don't think "Hmmm maybe I should check the website periodically to make sure none of the services on which I'll be relying are going to be unavailable." The hotel should tell me about that.

I stayed at Pop with the girls in 2008. It seemed noisy to me. People running on the "hallway" at all crazy hours, and then powerwashing of the sidewalk early in the morning. But otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 11, 2013 9:08 am

cy1229 wrote:...I stayed at Pop with the girls in 2008. It seemed noisy to me. People running on the "hallway" at all crazy hours, and then powerwashing of the sidewalk early in the morning. But otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.
Are the hallways enclosed at Pop, or open? I think people thumping up and down the hallways is worse when the hallways are inside the building. We notice some noise at the All Stars sometimes, but mostly the rooms seem pretty quiet unless you are right by the pool or playing areas.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:...I stayed at Pop with the girls in 2008. It seemed noisy to me. People running on the "hallway" at all crazy hours, and then powerwashing of the sidewalk early in the morning. But otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.
Are the hallways enclosed at Pop, or open? I think people thumping up and down the hallways is worse when the hallways are inside the building. We notice some noise at the All Stars sometimes, but mostly the rooms seem pretty quiet unless you are right by the pool or playing areas.
They're open. But for some reason the whole place seemed really echo-y to me.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012