2015 Running / Sub Meet-up?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 2015 Running / Sub Meet-up?

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 27, 2013 3:29 pm

I am Sulley wrote:Spot on Amy!
Dance College doesn't come cheap. Here's hoping she achieves her dream :)
Then we WILL all be over there!
:ccat:
Over there, there? Or over here, there? So Princessinwaiting is a dancer ~ how lovely! Hoping she becomes nice and famous and wealthy so she can take her parents to WDW?! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Sat 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Hmmmmm..... January, 2015.... Might work... not promising anything, but....
:mrgreen:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Sat 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Please join us M-Dude and make sure to let the Boilers know as well. We should have a Sub team by then!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Sun 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Well, a lot of factors would have to come together just right. We're both dealing with health issues right now, for one. Also, we have other trips already in the works for the upcoming year, so we'll just have to wait and see. But I think it would be great. We miss everybody, and really enjoyed it when we did the 5K last year. I'll mention it to the Boilers too and see what they say, although if certain plans they've already made for next year go as intended I doubt they'll be able to. It would be cool to get us all together again though, wouldn't it? 8-) :D

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Apr Sun 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Well talked to the GF about it and she's up for it! Thinks it will be a lot fun!

Also, just wondered! Looking at the marathon website, what is the race everyone would want to do? There are a lot and what ones can you walk or run or whatever at?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 29, 2013 8:55 am

I think we're talking about doing the 5k en masse but then others are going to do other stuff, too. (Goofy, Dopey, You're-out-of-your-pixie-dust-mind)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Apr Mon 29, 2013 9:16 am

Ok now I get it! That sounds like a ton of fun! I think my gf and I would at least do that and the 10k. I mean, I used to (up until about a year ago when I got lazy) walked 5-6 miles a day. She won't be able to run so I know she'll be walking. I would love to see if I could build myself up to do the half.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 29, 2013 10:30 am

Metalfan wrote:Ok now I get it! That sounds like a ton of fun! I think my gf and I would at least do that and the 10k. I mean, I used to (up until about a year ago when I got lazy) walked 5-6 miles a day. She won't be able to run so I know she'll be walking. I would love to see if I could build myself up to do the half.
Hubby's going to work up to running the 5k. I'm going to download a couch-to-5k app for him. He doesn't know this yet. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Mon 29, 2013 10:40 am

cy1229 wrote:
Metalfan wrote:Ok now I get it! That sounds like a ton of fun! I think my gf and I would at least do that and the 10k. I mean, I used to (up until about a year ago when I got lazy) walked 5-6 miles a day. She won't be able to run so I know she'll be walking. I would love to see if I could build myself up to do the half.
Hubby's going to work up to running the 5k. I'm going to download a couch-to-5k app for him. He doesn't know this yet. :lol:
I have a friend who has an app on his phone that has to do with him outrunning zombies...he finds it an interesting way to go for a nice run.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Apr Mon 29, 2013 11:01 am

cy1229 wrote:
Yea that would be my running thing if I could do it. But I'm not sure my gf would be thrilled to be walking without me!! I'll need to look into it or maybe see if some way in the next 20 months I can run the 10k and have her wait at the family/friends waiting area and see what happens. Being able to run anything like that would be huge for me and be a huge pick me up! It's really going to depend. Guessing it's time to sign up for planet fitness!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 29, 2013 1:46 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
I have a friend who has an app on his phone that has to do with him outrunning zombies...he finds it an interesting way to go for a nice run.
That sounds like an interesting app BIG! I'm not too scared of zombies so I doubt that would be a good motivator though. But it sounds funny!

cy1229, how exactly are you going to trick your husband into running...Are you hoping he'll just see "run 1 mile and walk 2 miles today" one day on his phone screen and he'll do it?! ;)

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Mon 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Amy wrote:cy1229, how exactly are you going to trick your husband into running...Are you hoping he'll just see "run 1 mile and walk 2 miles today" one day on his phone screen and he'll do it?! ;)
It starts of real slow Amy this was how I started out. Plan yourself a route of about 3miles then off you go 1st week you walk for about a minute and a half and then jog for 15 seconds this is repeated over and over for around 25 minutes the you walk the rest of the way home. Next week the running is longer and so on until you can run the whole way.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:cy1229, how exactly are you going to trick your husband into running...Are you hoping he'll just see "run 1 mile and walk 2 miles today" one day on his phone screen and he'll do it?! ;)
It starts of real slow Amy this was how I started out. Plan yourself a route of about 3miles then off you go 1st week you walk for about a minute and a half and then jog for 15 seconds this is repeated over and over for around 25 minutes the you walk the rest of the way home. Next week the running is longer and so on until you can run the whole way.
I don't have to trick him into running the thing. He says he's going to run. However, he hasn't done anything to get started with the running. Like, very little. So, it's not a matter of him wanting to run, it's a matter of him being given a little starting push. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Apr Mon 29, 2013 7:37 pm

So far not a good start! I'm guessing eating 3 burgers from Sonic wasn't the best way to start this get in shape thing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Metalfan wrote:So far not a good start! I'm guessing eating 3 burgers from Sonic wasn't the best way to start this get in shape thing.
:lol: You have to put fuel in the tank don't you?! ;)