Disneyland Paris 2013- An American CM in Paris

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disneyland Paris 2013- An American CM in Paris

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 16, 2013 11:59 am

I will be staying 2 nights at the Cheyenne the first weekend of March and am following this thread with keen interest. This will be my first trip to DLP.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 16, 2013 12:13 pm

horizons1 wrote:I will be staying 2 nights at the Cheyenne the first weekend of March and am following this thread with keen interest. This will be my first trip to DLP.
Very cool! Will you have time to see some of Paris as well?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sat 16, 2013 1:26 pm

horizons1 wrote:I will be staying 2 nights at the Cheyenne the first weekend of March and am following this thread with keen interest. This will be my first trip to DLP.
The Cheyenne was wonderful! I was so pleased with it, I mean for just a place to pretty much crash it worked very well. It was a pleasant walk into the parks and Disney Village in the mornings as well.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Thu 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah, Amy. This is going to be a fun work trip. I fly to Barcelona for a conference, then to Paris for a Disney weekend, some meetings in the early part of the week, a quick overnight to Zurich, then fly home from Paris on the 7th. Hoping to do something similar in April and bring my wife along to add some vacation time.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 21, 2013 8:31 pm

horizons1 wrote:Yeah, Amy. This is going to be a fun work trip. I fly to Barcelona for a conference, then to Paris for a Disney weekend, some meetings in the early part of the week, a quick overnight to Zurich, then fly home from Paris on the 7th. Hoping to do something similar in April and bring my wife along to add some vacation time.
Nice! I have got to find a job that allows me to travel like that :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:Yeah, Amy. This is going to be a fun work trip. I fly to Barcelona for a conference, then to Paris for a Disney weekend, some meetings in the early part of the week, a quick overnight to Zurich, then fly home from Paris on the 7th. Hoping to do something similar in April and bring my wife along to add some vacation time.
The only thing about work travel - at least for me - is that I don't see anything. I go all these great places, but unless I purposely schedule a vacation day or two and stay on longer at my own expense, the opportunities for sightseeing are extremely, extremely limited. So, I fly into these places, and people will say "oh that's a great area, you should see x, y, and z" and I just smile and nod my head, knowing I'll get my rental car, drive to the hotel that looks like every other hotel, do the workshop that is very similar to other workshops, and then reverse the process. These places look nice from the air, though. :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 22, 2013 10:03 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
The only thing about work travel - at least for me - is that I don't see anything. I go all these great places, but unless I purposely schedule a vacation day or two and stay on longer at my own expense, the opportunities for sightseeing are extremely, extremely limited. So, I fly into these places, and people will say "oh that's a great area, you should see x, y, and z" and I just smile and nod my head, knowing I'll get my rental car, drive to the hotel that looks like every other hotel, do the workshop that is very similar to other workshops, and then reverse the process. These places look nice from the air, though. :D
:( That doesn't sound like any fun...

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 23, 2013 9:48 am

Well at least I will get a taste and then hopefully get back to spend some actual time. Still, being in Europe for 11 days means a built-in weekend for Disney magic!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Feb Sun 24, 2013 10:10 am

Amy wrote: :( That doesn't sound like any fun...
It's not unfun. I really enjoy what I do, and occasionally I do get to go see something cool. I mean, this summer I"ll get to tour JPL. But I usually don't sight-see.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 24, 2013 12:12 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote: :( That doesn't sound like any fun...
It's not unfun. I really enjoy what I do, and occasionally I do get to go see something cool. I mean, this summer I"ll get to tour JPL. But I usually don't sight-see.
I suppose if you like what you are doing, the occasional side trip can make it worthwhile. My brother got to travel to some cool places a few times while working on projects.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 24, 2013 12:17 pm

horizons1 wrote:Well at least I will get a taste and then hopefully get back to spend some actual time. Still, being in Europe for 11 days means a built-in weekend for Disney magic!
Congrats, horizon1! I loved DLP with both of my visits. I would love to go again someday, as so much has changed since the ancient times I went (my first was 4 months after it opened)...

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Feb Sun 24, 2013 10:34 pm

DLP would be amazingly fantastic.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Sat 09, 2013 10:49 am

Back from my trip! I posted a trip report from my adventure here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8691

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Tue 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Aaaaaand we're back!

The walk to Walt Disney Studios.

I knew there was a bus that ran from resort to the train station at the front entrance, but I opted instead to see how long of a walk back it was to the park sans the heavy suitcase I had been dragging before. The signage was clear and easy to follow as I set out on foot, a bit after one in the afternoon-

The Hotel Santa Fe is directly opposite the Cheyenne. I loved the colour scheme of the buildings and am excited to stay there in September-

This is Hotel New York, which was the first hotel I encountered as I reached the lake at Disney Village. This one even has a working ice rink in the back!

This balloon may well look familiar to you. If so, it's because it is PanoraMagique, the exact same balloon that is used for the balloon flight at DTD here in Orlando. We actually took this balloon pattern from them about a year ago and got rid of our old pattern.

And then the Parisian version of Yacht and Beach. I'm not sure which came first, Paris' version or Orlando's, but they are virtual exterior clones either way.

A couple other shots of PanoraMagique. It wasn't running at the moment due to low temps and the blustery weather-

Look who was peeking out the window of a restaurant at Disney Village (I think this was called Cafe Mickey, their answer to Chef Mickey's)-

Their Earl of Sandwich trumps ours. This is actually a popular franchise in Europe according to Mr Brit-

Their Rainforest Cafe had a very... simplistic exterior. That's a good way to put it. :lol:

They also have Planet Hollywood, a virtual clone of the ones we all know over in America.

I loved this Sleeping Beauty statue out front of one of the shops.

Signage for Disney Village at the exit, which leads to the train station-

And we have now reached.... !!!

Next post!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Very cool ~ love all the photos Soarin'! I remember walking by the Hotel New York with it's little ice skating rink. I think I was there in an off season as I never encountered many people on my walk to and from the parks to my hotel. I don't remember any sort of tram while I was there. I don't know if I wasn't aware of the tram, or I just chose to walk as it wasn't very far.
Hooray for more overseas' trip report....coming soon?! :D