Disneyland Paris 2013- An American CM in Paris

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: Disneyland Paris 2013- An American CM in Paris

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Wed 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Amy wrote:Fun ~ I remember being quite surprised at how close the train station was to the entrance of DLP!
Are those buildings on the resort grounds the back of the hotel buildings or simply facades?
Those are the actual buildings. The resort was quite large, actually. Definitely immersive as compared to the value resorts at WDW.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 16, 2013 2:34 pm

The train station is close to the Disneyland Paris Hotel (which also acts like a main gate). Beautiful hotel. I did like the way Cheyenne resort was made to look like an Old West town.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Wed 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Fantastic pics to start off what I'm sure will be an amazing report!
We watched a YouTube video yesterday of Phantom Manor, and though I know it doesn't do the attraction justice, this particular video also gave an insight to the whole "Thunder Mesa" themed area of Frontierland...and the complex storyline of the Manor.
If I can find that video again, I will post the link...it was quite helpful.

Anyway, the room does look a bit on the cramped side, but I suppose that's a European thing...who cares though? How much time did you actually spend in the room?

Glad to hear that most everyone spoke English when asked...it's been a long time since High School (for me), and my French was not that good to begin with. I do better with reading than speaking or listening.

Looking forward to more!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 16, 2013 9:56 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Fantastic pics to start off what I'm sure will be an amazing report!
We watched a YouTube video yesterday of Phantom Manor, and though I know it doesn't do the attraction justice, this particular video also gave an insight to the whole "Thunder Mesa" themed area of Frontierland...and the complex storyline of the Manor.
If I can find that video again, I will post the link...it was quite helpful.

Anyway, the room does look a bit on the cramped side, but I suppose that's a European thing...who cares though? How much time did you actually spend in the room?

Glad to hear that most everyone spoke English when asked...it's been a long time since High School (for me), and my French was not that good to begin with. I do better with reading than speaking or listening.

Looking forward to more!!!!
I can't for the life of me remember which hotel I stayed at when I went to DLP. It might have been the Sequoia Lodge. My room was huge though! It was far larger than any moderate level room we have stayed at in WDW.
I would love to see the video you mentioned MmeLeota.
I found people to be very friendly when I at least attempted a few sentences in the native language. Almost everyone would start conversing in English after my rough start ~ it made me feel very undereducated to be so inept at speaking other languages, and very grateful that other countries place more of an importance on learning other languages fluently!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Wed 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Their ride score for Phantom Manor is the best-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRu1WX5PtY

I know enough French to make basic requests (ie., how to order food and ask simple directional questions) but I don't know enough to converse in-depth. I think a lot of the cast assumed I was British or American (maybe the Union Jack hand sanitizer clip on my purse gave it away?) and generally asked which language I preferred, English or French.

All I did was sleep and shower in the room and the bed was plenty big so I had a lot of space.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Amy, I agree with you. I thought my hotel room at the main gate/Disneyland Paris Hotel was very room, and it had a view of the train station LOL.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 17, 2013 8:48 am

mindflipper wrote:Amy, I agree with you. I thought my hotel room at the main gate/Disneyland Paris Hotel was very room, and it had a view of the train station LOL.
I would have loved to stay at the DLP Hotel. It looked so cool right there at the entrance of the park. But it was the most expensive hotel and that was toward the beginning of my trip so I was still scrimping on everything!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Thu 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Amy, I agree with you. I thought my hotel room at the main gate/Disneyland Paris Hotel was very room, and it had a view of the train station LOL.
I would have loved to stay at the DLP Hotel. It looked so cool right there at the entrance of the park. But it was the most expensive hotel and that was toward the beginning of my trip so I was still scrimping on everything!
I thought about staying there but it was over 1000€ for the duration of my stay so I had to say no this time around.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Years ago I splurged as I had my parents along with me and I wanted them to suffer with their bottom jaw stuck in "gapping in awe" mode during our stay there...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Fri 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Sorry to intrude on your report thread, Soarin'... :oops:
But here is the video I mentioned earlier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHMjc-Z-SM

...now back to our regularly scheduled trip report! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 18, 2013 5:45 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Sorry to intrude on your report thread, Soarin'... :oops:
But here is the video I mentioned earlier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHMjc-Z-SM

...now back to our regularly scheduled trip report! :D
Whoo-hoo ~ thanks MmeLeota! I was going to watch it while I'm waiting for my next lesson, but at a little over 22 minutes, I think I'll save it for when I get home :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 11:12 am

I actually reserved my second reservation for DLP for September and will be trying out the Santa Fe, so I am eager to be back! :mrgreen:

Although I'm sure everyone else is eager for me to post more here. LOL.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Although I'm sure everyone else is eager for me to post more here. LOL.
Yup. :) Snap to it, missy!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Fri 01, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm on the edge of my seat... I can't wait to hear the rest and see more pictures! (when you can of course) !!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Sat 02, 2013 4:19 pm

While we wait for more of Soarin's fabulous report, I came across this article on MiceChat today. Apparently DLP got hit with quite a bit of snow! But it sure makes for some beautiful pictures!

http://micechat.com/20850-disneyland-pa ... part-deux/

...but this doesn't get you out of posting more of your trip report, my friend.... ;)