Pilgrimage Westward Summer 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Pilgrimage Westward Summer 2013

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sat 02, 2013 9:38 am

The French teacher and one of the Spanish teachers at Meghan's school are taking a group of 30 (!!!!!) students to Europe this summer, and Meghan is going for her graduation present from Jeff and me. They're going to London, Paris, and Madrid, 10-day trip! I'm a bit jealous! But she has worked hard and earned the opportunity. She's a good kid, and she's a senior only once. Jeff and I are youngish so we'll be able to go to Disneyland another time.

Bummer about your vaca, Amy. Let's get crackin' on those tickets!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 02, 2013 11:42 am

cy1229 wrote:The French teacher and one of the Spanish teachers at Meghan's school are taking a group of 30 (!!!!!) students to Europe this summer, and Meghan is going for her graduation present from Jeff and me. They're going to London, Paris, and Madrid, 10-day trip! I'm a bit jealous! But she has worked hard and earned the opportunity. She's a good kid, and she's a senior only once. Jeff and I are youngish so we'll be able to go to Disneyland another time.

Bummer about your vaca, Amy. Let's get crackin' on those tickets!!
Youngish :lol: I might have to start using that one for myself :lol:
The Europe trip sounds very nice. Do they take regular trips? The high schools around here generally go every other year but I think the groups are a bit smaller. I don't suppose DLP will be part of the itinerary though hmmm?
I don't know for sure that the tickets are out, but my brother has just recently announced he and his wife are getting a divorce, so I think the miles will be part of that now.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sat 02, 2013 4:42 pm

So sorry to hear about your brother. Divorce is always hard.

By tickets I meant Powerball etc.

The trip is expected to be biannual. So in 4 years, Ellie will hopefully go. I seriously doubt DLP will be a part of the itinerary unless I go along!! :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Mar Thu 07, 2013 2:43 pm

What a shame. I keep thinking maybe I should buy the premium pass (to both WDW and DL) since I live in California, but I really hate the traffic I'm required to navigate to get to DL (4+ hours) and hotels are so much more expensive in Anaheim than Orlando...so I can't bring myself to cough up the necessary cash for it. Even though it would pay for itself with just 1 trip to WDW and 2 trips to DL in one year...darn it, why did I just do the math. Makes it harder to justify NOT buying...
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Tue 12, 2013 9:39 pm

JenMuse wrote:What a shame. I keep thinking maybe I should buy the premium pass (to both WDW and DL) since I live in California, but I really hate the traffic I'm required to navigate to get to DL (4+ hours) and hotels are so much more expensive in Anaheim than Orlando...so I can't bring myself to cough up the necessary cash for it. Even though it would pay for itself with just 1 trip to WDW and 2 trips to DL in one year...darn it, why did I just do the math. Makes it harder to justify NOT buying...
The premier passport isn't a bad idea, especially if you come the amount of trips mentioned in your post.

HOWEVER... do you have any form of a DL AP right now? If you do, the value of that pass can be applied to the $876 for the premier and you pay the difference.

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Mar Wed 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Soarin08 wrote:The premier passport isn't a bad idea, especially if you come the amount of trips mentioned in your post.

HOWEVER... do you have any form of a DL AP right now? If you do, the value of that pass can be applied to the $876 for the premier and you pay the difference.
I don't have a DL AP. I considered upgrading my 4 day park hopper when I was in WDW in January, but I wasn't sure I'd be getting back to the East Coast within a year (and I bought a house in Aug 2012). Oh well, there's still next trip.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs