Jedi Training Academy Tips

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Jedi Training Academy Tips

Post by stinoi » Dec Wed 26, 2012 10:15 pm

My little padawan on our recent trip. Thanks for the tips! We were able to get both my son and my nephew into Jedi Training Academy. Both of the kids had fun. As to the "questions" asked by Disney to determine if the kids can handle it---they weren't that big of a deal. What prepared my son (who is 4) more than anything was to buy him a light saber ahead of time and teach him how to play with it. After that, he was stoked and ready to take on Vader (as you can see in the video)!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=95 ... =2&theater

stinoi

Post by stinoi » Dec Wed 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Also, getting there early really is key. According to the cast members we talked to, all of the classes are usually full by 10:00 am, if not earlier. You must bring the child with you to sign up.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 27, 2012 9:37 am

stinoi wrote:My little padawan on our recent trip. Thanks for the tips! We were able to get both my son and my nephew into Jedi Training Academy. Both of the kids had fun. As to the "questions" asked by Disney to determine if the kids can handle it---they weren't that big of a deal. What prepared my son (who is 4) more than anything was to buy him a light saber ahead of time and teach him how to play with it. After that, he was stoked and ready to take on Vader (as you can see in the video)!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=95 ... =2&theater
Cool ~ Clicking the link for the video brings up a message that it is unavailable at the moment, but I will be sure to check back later. Glad they had fun!

stinoi

Post by stinoi » Jan Tue 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Drat! Let me know if the link continues not to work. It really was a lot of fun, and it filled my little guy with confidence (his little victory "dance" at the end is pretty cute).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 01, 2013 9:45 pm

stinoi wrote:Drat! Let me know if the link continues not to work. It really was a lot of fun, and it filled my little guy with confidence (his little victory "dance" at the end is pretty cute).
Still not working when I just clicked it now :(

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Feb Thu 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Another common question around this is - how do I get my child signed up for JTA and ALSO get FPs for TSMM?

Might be obvious, but send one adult with the kids to JTA signup, send the other adult to TSMM with tix for FPs.

And having PhotoPass is a big benefit if your kid is in the show. Some of our favorite pics EVER at WDW were taken by the PhotoPass CM during this show.

May the Force be with you!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 07, 2013 12:46 pm

daluke wrote:Another common question around this is - how do I get my child signed up for JTA and ALSO get FPs for TSMM?

Might be obvious, but send one adult with the kids to JTA signup, send the other adult to TSMM with tix for FPs.

And having PhotoPass is a big benefit if your kid is in the show. Some of our favorite pics EVER at WDW were taken by the PhotoPass CM during this show.

That's an excellent tip for the PhotoPass pictures. I didn't know they had PhotoPass photographers at the shows ~ nice!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sat 23, 2013 2:36 pm

daluke wrote:Another common question around this is - how do I get my child signed up for JTA and ALSO get FPs for TSMM?

Agreed. My mom's student did JTA and his parents followed this cast schedule per my instructions.

He came back and told his entire kindergarten class he defeated Darth Vader.

crayonmonster
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by crayonmonster » Jul Sat 20, 2013 11:43 am

Saw it last time I was in DL and WOW, so good! Hilarious too...