Spending Our Inheritance with Our Parents

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Spending Our Inheritance with Our Parents

Post by cy1229 » Nov Sun 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Amy wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:Next Generation?
That's what cy1229 said...wasn't the tv show called Star Trek:The Next Generation? I've never seen it, but I see it when flipping through the late night channels sometimes.
Yes! That's the one. It was the Enterprise-D and the captain was Jean-Luc Picard, portrayed by Sir Patrick Stewart.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Fri 23, 2012 8:15 am

Good Trip Report, Days 7 and 8: Relaxing on the Beach and Auf Wiedersehen, Florida

Leaving Orlando was difficult, but we were looking forward to spending a little quieter time hanging on the beach. My niece is a true beach baby and we were looking forward to some fun time in the sun.

My sister got up early to watch sunrise but the rest of us got up at a more reasonable hour and had some breakfast, then hit the beach. These are just random shots of us playing (and unfortunately, getting a bit sunburned):

(Don't tell my niece I snapped a photo or two of her playing! :lol:)

I don't remember what the story was, but somehow Jeff and Meghan ended up making sand "angels" and then going into the water. Jeff isn't much of a swimmer but he humors us. He got in, got wet, and that was that. :)

After playing on the beach most of the day, we went to Ron Jon Surf Shop, and then headed to a little hole-in-the-wall place called Jazzy's Mainely Lobster restaurant. GOOD FOOD. If you're ever in Cocoa Beach, go to Jazzy's, and don't be put off by the dive-like appearance. Great food and great staff. Felt like we were eating with old friends. :D

Sunday morning, we got up super early to say goodbye to Stephanie and the kids (she had an early flight) and head to the beach for sunrise. We got there just as the sun was introducing us to Sunday:

Good morning sleepyheads:

Ellie pointed out the patterns in the sand to me. Snapped a couple and converted to B&W. Color images are on my FB page.

Here comes the sun! (doo doo dooo dooo) Here comes the sun!

So, we said goodbye to the beach, Florida, and our great vacation.

We have ideas about what we want to do differently next time, and while we don't know when we'll be back, we're really looking forward to going.

The End!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 23, 2012 8:59 am

What a nice, relaxing way to end your vacation. I had to laugh at the sand angels. They must have been finding sand on their bodies for days afterwards :shock: :lol:
Your last photo ~ family with the footprints ~ is awesome. A great memory of your trip.
Thanks for the wonderful trip report with lots of pictures :D

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Fri 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Awesome job cy. I agree about the character meals on property. They are mostly meet n greets with the bonus of food. We have felt way too rushed, so we try and avoid them now. Even with young kids. I feel the same way about San Angel. It's always a good meal but never great. Yet somehow, it's a tradition for us. I think it's just due to La Cava being so close (MMMmmmMMmmMm... Already thinking about my margerita tomorrow after Candlelight!)

I love the beach photos! I'm only about 10 minutes from the beach so I "take it for granite" most of the time. Looks like you guys had a great end to a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing your family and your memories with us. And don't worry, even the best of us have minor melt downs at Disney from time to time.