Spending Our Inheritance with Our Parents

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Spending Our Inheritance with Our Parents

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 08, 2012 7:04 am

I'm going to go ahead and start this now... maybe it will help me get a trip report finished sooner rather than later. :)

Over the weekend I bought sunscreen, sunglasses, filtering water bottles, beach towels (on sale for $5!!), travel-sized toiletries, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff. The orders for shorts, T-shirts, and last-minute swimsuit for Ellie (14) have arrived and all is well. My new suitcase arrived, too (half-price, plus additional 15% off! Free delivery! Woohoo!). Have arranged with a friend to have food thrown down for the cat every couple of days. Hubby is going to stop mail on Friday. Change milk order after delivery on Wednesday, and then I think we're all set!

ZOMG we're so excited....

Here's our first trip photo:

Last edited by cy1229 on Oct Tue 30, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Spending Our Inheritance with Our Parents

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 08, 2012 10:31 am

Wow ~ you've got a lot accomplished in just a few short days! Glad to hear none of the cy family will be wandering around WDW half-nakey :shock:
Yay for the first picture of the trip report. Reminds me I need to work on mine. Except my trip notes are on my deceased iphone :( Those are old enough that they should be backed up on my computer though. So once that new phone arrives, I shall celebrate by continuing my trip report...from almost a year ago :shock: :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Tue 09, 2012 12:30 pm

I just texted you BUT... EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to work something out!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I just texted you BUT... EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to work something out!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I got your text. Let me chat with the hubby when he gets home and then I'll text or call you. :D :D :D :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Wed 10, 2012 10:23 am

cy1229 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I just texted you BUT... EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to work something out!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I got your text. Let me chat with the hubby when he gets home and then I'll text or call you. :D :D :D :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Excellent!! :) Ahh, fellow Subbers at Disney... life is good.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Fri 12, 2012 8:50 am

T-minus 20 hours and 13 minutes. I'm still in my pyjamas. I've been wandering around all morning doing "little things" while not focusing on anything.

First scare of the day, not being able to initially locate the girls' passport cards. :shock: It's a good thing I work from home. Although, I don't know how much work I'll actually get DONE today. Ssshhh don't tell my boss. Then again, she wouldn't care, really. :) Talked to my sister this morning, we're both really excited. Can't wait! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce:

I'm taking my laptop with me, and my niece and nephew will have homework they have to do, so we'll have some down time in the condo. I'll do my best to post pics and little updates throughout the week. Just for you Amy. :wink: 8-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Oct Fri 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Wow tomorrow you'll be there have a great trip. :D

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Fri 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Have a great trip cy1229.... little jealous...lol :mrgreen: :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 12, 2012 6:19 pm

cy1229 wrote:T-minus 20 hours and 13 minutes. I'm still in my pyjamas. I've been wandering around all morning doing "little things" while not focusing on anything.

First scare of the day, not being able to initially locate the girls' passport cards. :shock: It's a good thing I work from home. Although, I don't know how much work I'll actually get DONE today. Ssshhh don't tell my boss. Then again, she wouldn't care, really. :) Talked to my sister this morning, we're both really excited. Can't wait! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce:

I'm taking my laptop with me, and my niece and nephew will have homework they have to do, so we'll have some down time in the condo. I'll do my best to post pics and little updates throughout the week. Just for you Amy. :wink: 8-)
Yay! But you might need to take a nap during that down time!! You can always relive the vacation when you return home and go through your photos ~ they'll wait... But if you insist... :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Fri 12, 2012 8:42 pm

The problem with waiting is that I travel at least part of the week every week after our trip, thru second week of December, except week of Thanksgiving. So in othef words, if I put it off, it's going to be awbile.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Oct Sat 13, 2012 1:25 am

cy1229 wrote:The problem with waiting is that I travel at least part of the week every week after our trip, thru second week of December, except week of Thanksgiving. So in othef words, if I put it off, it's going to be awbile.
Don't sweat it cy1229, some of us are very patient, I mean we have been waiting for nearly a year for SOMEONE who shall remain nameless to complete their trip report. :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 13, 2012 6:49 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:The problem with waiting is that I travel at least part of the week every week after our trip, thru second week of December, except week of Thanksgiving. So in othef words, if I put it off, it's going to be awbile.
Don't sweat it cy1229, some of us are very patient, I mean we have been waiting for nearly a year for SOMEONE who shall remain nameless to complete their trip report. :lol: :lol:
ACK! That would probably be me :shock: I'd like to say that my phone breaking has slowed me down (my trip notes were on there) but I don't have any excuse for not working on it the several months before that :( I might have to finish my report off with just photos. That would be tragic I know :roll: :lol: Not this weekend though. It is supposed to be in the upper 60's and we don't get a lot of those around here this time of year. The outdoor work is calling :roll:
But yes cy, we are a patient lot ;)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Sat 13, 2012 7:58 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
That could be more than one someone! :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sat 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Same Day Report, Day One: Travel and Do Some Stuff Day

(Hey, how do you like my fancy-shmancy headings?)

We made it!!! We're here!!! To be honest, the way the day started, I wasn't all that sure we'd make it. Our flight was scheduled to leave Indy at 8:00 this morning. That means, usually, if we leave our house at 6:00, we get to the parking service around 6:30, and to the airport by 6:45 or 7:00. PUH-lenty of time. Usually. Today was not a usual day. We left a tiny bit late, like 8 minutes - nothing to get excited about - but no one had had any breakfast. That was pretty much our original plan because we typically would have plenty of time to get some breakfast after going through security.

Hah.

After waiting for five minutes outside our car (totally out of the ordinary) for the bus to pick us up, and me freezing my parts off :shock: we were on our way. Got to the airport, and the check-in for Southwest was llllllooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg. Great. And then the line for security was lllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg. Suffice it to say, we were walking to our gate when our boarding group was lining up. (For those of you not familiar with Southwest, they assign you a letter and number and you line up accordingly, so there's not that elbow-jostling for position.) So much for breakfast! We were scheduled to have an hour and 15 minutes in Baltimore so I wasn't sweating that either.

And then, when we were pushing off the gate, we stopped way short of where we should have. The captain came over the P.A. system and told us a ground crew member noticed "fluid" coming out of one of the engines. Whee. So, back to the gate we went, to sit and wait for maintenance to take a look. 15 minutes later, the captain comes on again, telling us the maintenance dudes have to fire up the engine, and no one can be on the plane when they do it, we're going to deplane for a few minutes. Long story short, the fortunate part of the mechanical difficulty afforded us time to scoot to a food shop and get something to eat.

Our hour and 15 minutes in Baltimore evaporated into an off-one-plane-and-directly-onto-another experience, but we made the connection, and I had a view of the guys outside and saw that our bags made the connection, too.

So we're here, we spent some time in the MK tonight, which is open until midnight. And I don't think I've ever been here with this many people!!! :shock: So much for thinking we were coming when crowds were low. I hope they're better tomorrow and during the week. The stroller parking outside of Winnie the Pooh was UNBELIEVABLE. :)

I took a few pics, but truth be told I didn't take many because I got up at 4:45 this morning and I didn't feel like screwing around with them. And, I don't feel like uploading any tonight. :)

I will take a lot tomorrow, including the Fantasyland Expansion stuff, and show you all that's going on around here. We're scheduled to eat dinner at Mama Melrose tomorrow, and DHS is supposed to be open until 11. We'll see if we make it.

And if anyone is ever wondering, never wear hard-soled sandals your first day. Just sayin'. Please pass the pain meds.

Have a good night, everyone!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 14, 2012 7:07 am

So glad you made it safely! I always hate when the flight crew notices something leaking from the plane :shock: But then I always think that I would rather be a bit delayed while they check it out instead of having something possibly go wrong while in the air.
Hmmm, I would have thought this is a pretty slow time of year too. I suppose with the Food and Wine festival going on, and Fantasyland soft previews, that is ramping up the attendance a bit. Yay for parks being open late because they are busy though :D
Looking forward to photos! :D
Have an awesome time at DHS tomorrow today. Don't forget to check out the Backlot Tour...errrr, oops...never mind :roll: :mrgreen:
Don't forget some photos of food while you're there!! And smiling faces ~ lots of smiling faces! :D