DW Weather @ Night - MNSSHP ?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

DW Weather @ Night - MNSSHP ?

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 27, 2012 8:53 am

Hi All -

I need some help. We are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Friday, November 2nd. As we are trying to put together our costumes, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what the weather is like at night at that time of the year. We are going to try and do Peter Pan characters and I was going to be Michael Darling. I found pink footie pajamas, but I'm wondering if they are going to be too hot to wear. ALSO - I know Disney has very strict rules about costumes and what you can and cannot wear, and so would it be a problem if I only wore my footie pajamas and no shoes? If not, what shoes could i wear that wouldn't totally ruin the costume?

Thanks in advance for your help! We are newbies to MNSSHP and want to do it up right! :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: DW Weather @ Night - MNSSHP ?

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 27, 2012 10:15 am

Belle1082 wrote:Hi All -

I need some help. We are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Friday, November 2nd. As we are trying to put together our costumes, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what the weather is like at night at that time of the year. We are going to try and do Peter Pan characters and I was going to be Michael Darling. I found pink footie pajamas, but I'm wondering if they are going to be too hot to wear. ALSO - I know Disney has very strict rules about costumes and what you can and cannot wear, and so would it be a problem if I only wore my footie pajamas and no shoes? If not, what shoes could i wear that wouldn't totally ruin the costume?

Thanks in advance for your help! We are newbies to MNSSHP and want to do it up right! :-)
I've never been to MNSSHP, but I would question whether you would want to skip wearing shoes. I would think your feet would get very tired without some sort of footwear. I'm pretty sure any sort of costume is allowed as long as it isn't too revealing, or offensive.
As for the weather, that can vary wildly. It might be very warm, it might be really cold. You might want to figure out if you can dress in layers somehow...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Thu 27, 2012 7:35 pm

I would wear shoes. Disney might not say something about the footie PJs but there can be a lot of walking, especially for trick-or-treating, so you want to be kind to your feet.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 27, 2012 8:56 pm

When I was a CP, we were told to make sure shoes were worn. If we saw people carrying their shoes we had to ask them to put them back on. My wife broke her sandals last year and they gave her a new par since she had to wear something on her feet too.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Sep Fri 28, 2012 10:37 am

Belle1082 wrote:Hi All -

We went to the Holloween Party and my brother had a fleece pullover as part of his Figment costume. He got way too hot to wear it. However, this was in the beginning of October, so I would think it would be just a little colder in November.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Sat 29, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, it should be warm, but not too hot. Sometime October is still muggy, but the evenings (what matters for MNSSHP) are nice.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Mon 01, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks everyone!

At this point, I'm going back and forth between being Michael and Princess Tiger Lily, so we will see where my costume ends up! I only have 26 days to figure it out!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 01, 2012 11:46 am

Belle1082 wrote:Thanks everyone!

At this point, I'm going back and forth between being Michael and Princess Tiger Lily, so we will see where my costume ends up! I only have 26 days to figure it out!!!
Oooo, I'd pick the Princess over the silly old boy ;)