Not really on a trip but... MNSSHP!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Not really on a trip but... MNSSHP!

Post by Cub » Sep Sat 15, 2012 8:27 am

Hey guys! Been a while since I posted here. Everything's been super busy since I moved to the Big O! In case you were wondering, I am currently a CP and enjoying all of the wonderful perks the Disney Company has to offer me. Such as.... Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

So my roommate and I went last night and we dressed up as the stepsisters (I was Anastasia, btw). Our costumes weren't identical to them but everyone knew who we were. It made us feel really good that some random people just wanted our picture. (we knew we succeeded with our costumes when that happened).

Of course, our first stop was to see Anastasia and Drizella. They were absolutely thrilled that we looked like them (and that we had Lucifer too!) Lady Tremaine wasn't out with them the first time so we ended up making two stops to see them.
They even sang the title of Sing Sweet Nightingale for us!

After that, we stopped off to see more of the villains...
Cruella was great. She joked about how she'd never do anything to harm Lucifer (as she was swinging him around by his tail). She also added that he would make a great purse!
We also saw Gaston, but those pictures are on our Photopass card.
The lines for the villains were crazy so we didn't see many others. We will be back for another party or two so we will catch them then.

We got a ton of candy and a bunch of bananas from the Jungle Cruise crew. :lol: While we were in line to meet Tarzan, Jane, and Terk, some kid gave Tarzan a banana and he was like "BANANA!!!!" and just ate it right there....peel and all. :shock:
Unfortunately, Tarzan is still a growing boy and left for more bananas before we got to him. But we did get pictures with Jane and Terk!

The beginning of the Villains Mix and Mingle is such a great show. Dr. Facilier comes out and does his own thing first which is super cool!
Then the rest of the villains join him for some dancing. (which is weird and AWESOME at the same time. Seriously... seeing Frollo dance is super strange.)

Of course, we caught the showing of Hallowishes which was great, as always!

That's all for now, guys! We will be attending the party at least one or two more times this year so there will be pictures of the parade posted and more of the villains! :hm_ghost:
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Not really on a trip but... MNSSHP!

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 15, 2012 9:55 am

Looks like you had a great time. Your costumes are great ~ I like how Cruella is squeezing the daylights out of poor Lucifer in the picture :lol:
So one of your perks is to attend the MNSSHP for free?! Cool :D
Thanks for the photos!

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Sat 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Amy wrote:Looks like you had a great time. Your costumes are great ~ I like how Cruella is squeezing the daylights out of poor Lucifer in the picture :lol:
So one of your perks is to attend the MNSSHP for free?! Cool :D
Thanks for the photos!
Not for free, but at a discounted price!

Cruella was hilarious. :lol: She said she'd NEVER do anything wrong to him. As she was swinging him by his tail. She also mentioned he would make a great purse. :lol:
-Walt Disney♥

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Mon 17, 2012 7:47 pm

awesome pics!!! Keep up all the fun!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Mon 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Nice pics Cub. We were making plans on going for the MNSSHP this year, but even at the discounted CM price, it was still too expensive. Please post more pics if you have them. I like seeing the obscure characters around the park. You don't happen to have video of Frollo dancing, do you?

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Wed 19, 2012 11:03 pm

NaCler wrote:Nice pics Cub. We were making plans on going for the MNSSHP this year, but even at the discounted CM price, it was still too expensive. Please post more pics if you have them. I like seeing the obscure characters around the park. You don't happen to have video of Frollo dancing, do you?
I don't! But I am planning on going back again with my family in two weeks and I will be sure to get that video!
-Walt Disney♥

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Wed 26, 2012 5:23 pm

You must have been there close to when I was. I went for free on the 11th and then again last night and had a blast!!

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Wed 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Soarin08 wrote:You must have been there close to when I was. I went for free on the 11th and then again last night and had a blast!!
We were there on the 14th!
And snap! How did you manage to get in for free?
-Walt Disney♥

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Wed 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Cub wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:You must have been there close to when I was. I went for free on the 11th and then again last night and had a blast!!
Two words: Guest Relations. As a Guest Relations CM I get free tickets to MNSSHP and MVMCP.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 27, 2012 6:53 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Cub wrote:
Two words: Guest Relations. As a Guest Relations CM I get free tickets to MNSSHP and MVMCP.
That is a very nice perk :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 27, 2012 10:00 am

Okay - so maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread to talk about MNSSHP! haha

I am just dying seeing all of the different characters that are out in the parks for the party that are NEVER out! Ahhh I can't wait!

Like I said in my other post - I'm going to be Michael Darling and wondering if anyone has suggestions as far as if I have to wear shoes or how I would do that if I'm wearing footie pajamas, etc.
I want my costume to be AWESOME, but maybe I should focus on another Peter Pan character. hmmmm We have 8 people and my nephew is SET on being Captain Hook, so we all have to dress around what he wants to be. haha

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 27, 2012 10:23 am

Belle1082 wrote:Okay - so maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread to talk about MNSSHP! haha

I am just dying seeing all of the different characters that are out in the parks for the party that are NEVER out! Ahhh I can't wait!

Like I said in my other post - I'm going to be Michael Darling and wondering if anyone has suggestions as far as if I have to wear shoes or how I would do that if I'm wearing footie pajamas, etc.
I want my costume to be AWESOME, but maybe I should focus on another Peter Pan character. hmmmm We have 8 people and my nephew is SET on being Captain Hook, so we all have to dress around what he wants to be. haha
I like to see the photos of the various characters all dressed up in costumes :D
Could you maybe figure out how to do a mini version of the crocodile ~ maybe with a hat and some makeup?

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 27, 2012 10:33 am

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:Okay - so maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread to talk about MNSSHP! haha

I like to see the photos of the various characters all dressed up in costumes :D
Could you maybe figure out how to do a mini version of the crocodile ~ maybe with a hat and some makeup?
I actually am making my husband be the crocodile. haha I think he is excited about it.