Bedbugs at Disney?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Bedbugs at Disney?

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Then I would also suggest not thinking about how dirty the remotes, phones, and other handheld things are, also that up until now you couldn't feel your tounge in your mouth. :D

They probably already spray most of the hotel for pests, considering how many guests most likely have food in their room/trashcans (such as leftover snacks from the parks)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Then I would also suggest not thinking about how dirty the remotes, phones, and other handheld things are, also that up until now you couldn't feel your tounge in your mouth. :D

They probably already spray most of the hotel for pests, considering how many guests most likely have food in their room/trashcans (such as leftover snacks from the parks)
Wizzard - spreading the love wherever he goes :roll: ;)
You are likely quite right about the spraying though. I would bet they spray preventitively as well as if there is a problem.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 28, 2012 8:38 pm

I've actually seem them spray the hallways at the Beach Club. Because I like to fly out early (yes, I know I am getting screwed on the park tickets, but that is the better option) I've seen the guys with the sprayers going through the halls applying stuff.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 29, 2012 7:16 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I've actually seem them spray the hallways at the Beach Club. Because I like to fly out early (yes, I know I am getting screwed on the park tickets, but that is the better option) I've seen the guys with the sprayers going through the halls applying stuff.
I was fairly certain that some of the distinct Disney smell that people love in the resort areas is actually pest control spray ;)

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Wed 29, 2012 10:48 am

cy1229 wrote:I'm in a wee bit of a snit about nothing related to anything on these message boards, so forgive me if I'm overly irritable...

First of all, thinking about being in a hotel room that has been essentially doused with chemicals that kill bugs is not what I would call a calming, peaceful, relaxing thought. And how would we know?

Second, I now have the itchies. I really need to quit reading this thread.
cy1229 you're allowed to be in a snit!! Especially about the use of the chemicals,it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling either!!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 30, 2012 9:46 am

We're a windows-open family. Meaning, we have the windows wide open as much as we can stand. If it's too hot, the A/C goes on (hubby would turn it on a lot sooner than I do...) and of course we run the heat when the outdoor temperature doesn't go above 65 for a couple days, and there's been no sun. I'm the energy freak in our house, and my family usually asks to turn things on before I decide to do so. ANYWAY... they came through at 11:15 with the spraying pickup truck to spray for mosquitoes last night. I popped my big behind out of bed and closed our windows lickety-split! Why couldn't they forewarn me? I am not afraid of chemicals, but I don't want to purposely breathe them in, either, if I can avoid it.

So when there's discussion about pesticides being sprayed all over a room I'm going to enter, and that room has probably been closed up so the vapors can accumulate, it doesn't exactly make me :) .

And for the record, I rarely use the remote control at WDW, or the hotel phone at all. I think I'll start carrying some alcohol swabs, though, to clean those things off. Ick.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 01, 2012 12:06 am

If it's the city/county/state that is spraying, then they did actually warn you since they usually put it on the city council docket, sometimes put it in the local paper, and if your city spends money on it, sends out fliers in the mail.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Sep Sat 01, 2012 8:06 am

i wonder how many sheets get incinerated in a week.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 01, 2012 12:27 pm

It depends on how many guests use them as toilet paper... kidding...

they just wash those and reuse them at value resorts. :D