Coming back to Orlando in September 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Coming back to Orlando in March 2013

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 14, 2012 9:05 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:I checked different prices online but I only do a reservation at my travel agent and not online. Strange to say they are sometimes much cheaper and maybe they have some good offers and I can add a stay in New York for very little money.

WHat kind of book did you get?
I an see where the travel agents might have some tricks up their sleeves. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to exist anymore with how many people like to peruse and purchase things online.
I can't remember the actual book, and I just asked F1gment, she doesn't remember either. It was something along the lines of how they developed Disney, from the concepts to the execution of building the parks. It was quite nice :D Much better than a pin :roll: which is nice enough for a $20 tour, but when you are spending $200+, it is nicer to get a little better souvenir! Especially since you can't take backstage photos :( (pout, pout)

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Thu 26, 2012 10:36 am

I was at the travel agency today and it looks like that I will be in Orlando from February 24th to March 10th. That would be much cheaper than the last two weeks in March.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 26, 2012 10:55 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:I was at the travel agency today and it looks like that I will be in Orlando from February 24th to March 10th. That would be much cheaper than the last two weeks in March.
That's generally when the "Spring Break" season starts, so prices for airlines and rooms can increase.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Thu 26, 2012 11:33 am

mindflipper wrote:
Epcotmaniac wrote:I was at the travel agency today and it looks like that I will be in Orlando from February 24th to March 10th. That would be much cheaper than the last two weeks in March.
That's generally when the "Spring Break" season starts, so prices for airlines and rooms can increase.
I think you'll enjoy February much more than the end of March, anyway. The crowds are light because it's not yet spring break like MF discussed, and the high humidity hasn't struck yet.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 26, 2012 4:45 pm

cy1229 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I think you'll enjoy February much more than the end of March, anyway. The crowds are light because it's not yet spring break like MF discussed, and the high humidity hasn't struck yet.
Agreed ~ you'll still have a great time :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 28, 2012 7:36 am

You'll enjoy it so much at that time of year!

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Coming back to Orlando in September 2013

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jan Sat 26, 2013 7:50 am

Ok, I finally got a new date for my vacation. Instead of March and alone I will be with my parents in Orlando in September. Thats much better. We are going to stay at the Pop Century Resort for 5 to 7 days during my Moms birthday.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a magical birthday surprise for my mom?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 26, 2013 9:50 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:Ok, I finally got a new date for my vacation. Instead of March and alone I will be with my parents in Orlando in September. Thats much better. We are going to stay at the Pop Century Resort for 5 to 7 days during my Moms birthday.

That's great news Epcotmaniac! That's very nice that you will be coming with your parents :D
Does your Mom have a favorite restaurant at WDW? Have your parents been to WDW before? I would suggest a nice dinner somewhere and you could plan ahead and order a special birthday dessert!

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jan Sat 26, 2013 10:23 am

Amy wrote:
Epcotmaniac wrote:Ok, I finally got a new date for my vacation. Instead of March and alone I will be with my parents in Orlando in September. Thats much better. We are going to stay at the Pop Century Resort for 5 to 7 days during my Moms birthday.

That's great news Epcotmaniac! That's very nice that you will be coming with your parents :D
Does your Mom have a favorite restaurant at WDW? Have your parents been to WDW before? I would suggest a nice dinner somewhere and you could plan ahead and order a special birthday dessert!
I have been with my parents in WDW almost every summer in the 1990. They know the parks but we never went to a restaurant at the parks. The dinner sounds great. I wanted to get tickets for La Nouba but they dont perform when we are in Orlando.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:11 am

Once you have your dates set (if you don't already), definitely contact your resort and let them know you'll be celebrating your mom's birthday. They'll be able to tell you things you can order (for an extra fee, of course) that can be waiting in your room, and if you ask for suggestions for other places, they'll be able to help you out. I think the ways you can surprise her are only limited by your imagination.

A neat surprise would be to book one of the behind-the-scenes tours for the three of you. I've heard the Segway tour in Epcot is a good one. Others can comment better on this (cousininmiami!). You could let your dad in on the secret and then he'll make sure she doesn't schedule anything else during that time.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:29 am

cy1229 wrote:Once you have your dates set (if you don't already), definitely contact your resort and let them know you'll be celebrating your mom's birthday. They'll be able to tell you things you can order (for an extra fee, of course) that can be waiting in your room, and if you ask for suggestions for other places, they'll be able to help you out. I think the ways you can surprise her are only limited by your imagination.

A neat surprise would be to book one of the behind-the-scenes tours for the three of you. I've heard the Segway tour in Epcot is a good one. Others can comment better on this (cousininmiami!). You could let your dad in on the secret and then he'll make sure she doesn't schedule anything else during that time.
A behind the scenes tour is a great idea! I enjoyed the Segway tour, but I thought it was a little expensive for what it entailed.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, if La Nouba isn't running during that time, you could always see if the Blue Man Group is having shows. They have theirs over at Universal Studios Orlando. Their theatre is in the spot that was formerly occupied by Nickelodeon Studios.

Or perhaps book dinner at the California Grill at Contemporary during the fireworks?

Or maybe the exclusive meal deal over at V&A in the Grand Floridian?

Send a PM or Soarin08. Maybe she could give you some good ideas of something unique and fun?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sat 26, 2013 3:13 pm

When in September? I hope I don't miss you whilst I'm in Europe! :(

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jan Sat 26, 2013 5:30 pm

cy1229 wrote:Once you have your dates set (if you don't already), definitely contact your resort and let them know you'll be celebrating your mom's birthday. They'll be able to tell you things you can order (for an extra fee, of course) that can be waiting in your room, and if you ask for suggestions for other places, they'll be able to help you out. I think the ways you can surprise her are only limited by your imagination.

I defently want to make a surprise in the hotel room. I heard they can decorate it while you are at the parks.
Amy wrote: A behind the scenes tour is a great idea! I enjoyed the Segway tour, but I thought it was a little expensive for what it entailed.
I like the idea too, but I think the english of my parents could not be good enough, maybe we could do the behind the seeds tour.

mindflipper wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, if La Nouba isn't running during that time, you could always see if the Blue Man Group is having shows. They have theirs over at Universal Studios Orlando. Their theatre is in the spot that was formerly occupied by Nickelodeon Studios.

Or perhaps book dinner at the California Grill at Contemporary during the fireworks?
La Nouba has no shows from 17th to 21st of September. Its really annoying because I always wanted to see the show. Dinner at the California Grill during the fireworks is a great idea. I keep it in my mind.
Soarin08 wrote: When in September? I hope I don't miss you whilst I'm in Europe! :(
Her birthday is on the 18th. I guess we are during that week in Orlando. We will fix the date when they visit me in April.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 26, 2013 8:06 pm

You might try calling or checking online to see if any of the tours can be conducted in German. I'm not sure if they do any tours in other languages, or perhaps use the audio translators?
F1gment and I went on the Behind the Seeds tour the last time we went and really enjoyed it! And it was very reasonably priced ~ $18 for adults. There is also a 15% discount for AP holders and Disney Visa card holders. If you and your parents like plants at all, it really is a nice little tour.