Coming back to Orlando in September 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Coming back to Orlando in March 2013

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Wed 11, 2012 11:28 am

cy1229 wrote:
I hope Epcotmaniac doesn't mind us hijacking his thread.
Its ok if everyone of you is coming to Orlando in March and invites me for Dinner :D

I really want to do the Behind the Seeds and The UnDISCOVERed Future World Tour at Epcot. Has anyone of you done one of these tours before? How can I book those tour? Only with a credit card and on the official site of WDW?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Yes, I did the Behind the Seeds tour the last time I was there. I have no idea of how to book it ahead of time. I just went to the desk at the Land Pavillion (next to the Soarin entrance) and booked a spot for the next tour. No problems. This link should take you to some of the pics from when I did it back a few weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7822&start=195#p215089

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Wed 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Ok, that helps me a lot. I am pretty sure that when I planned my trip for 2010 three years ago it was only possible to take those tours if you book them in advance with a credit card. So I can just walk to the desk, pay cash and take the tour when its available? The link is very interesting. Is it allowed to take pics? I also remember that it was forbidden to take any pics during those tours but maybe I´m wrong.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 11, 2012 6:20 pm

I've done twice, and neither time did I have any problems taking photos. There are some tours you have to book in advance, like the safari tour (can't remember its exact name) over at DAK and perhaps the EPCOT Segway tour.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 11, 2012 8:23 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote: We'll just make one big Subsonic community in central Florida and call it even.
That would be one fun community! Or should I say "funny" community :lol:
Funmunity. :lol:

I don't know if I could live in FL full-time. I love the beach, and WDW of course, but I already miss the mitten a lot, and being even FARTHER away would be nearly intolerable, I believe. However, if I win the lottery, I'm going to buy a house in that new WDW community. I have already picked out the one I want, and everything. Then, I'll have a place to stay, and I can have a place in Michigan. Just have to develop that transporter so the travel time and cost isn't a pain.

Funminity ~ I believe that needs to go into the Subictionary! scurrying off to do just that...(cue my Rizzo music from Muppet's 3D, da-da-da-da)

I think I might not be all that big of a fan of Florida's summer weather, but after what we went through here recently, I think I would survive ok. I don't think I would miss Michigan very much. I like the snow, but I don't like plowing it, and I certainly don't enjoy driving in it. Well, except for when the road isn't plowed and I can mush through with my 4x4 when no one else can ~ that's fun! Living close to WDW would make it all worth while though :D

Hijack??? That's what we mayhem pirates do best ~ argh there be mayhem up ahead Image

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Back to the thread at hand...has anyone been on The UnDISCOVERed Future World Tour at Epcot?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 12, 2012 7:25 am

mindflipper wrote:Back to the thread at hand...has anyone been on The UnDISCOVERed Future World Tour at Epcot?
Yes ~ we went last time. It was ok. F1gment and I found we already knew a lot of the "undiscovered" facts already and weren't quite sure it was worth the cost. It was $55, so not horrible, plus a discount for Disney Visa (as well as a few other cards I believe). If you have a lot of time, and want to spend 3 hours on a tour, go for it. Otherwise, I would skip this one probably.

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Thu 12, 2012 7:38 am

Where did you book that tour? Online?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 12, 2012 7:39 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:Where did you book that tour? Online?
Yes, directly through Disney Tours. Here is a link... http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Fri 13, 2012 10:04 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Its ok if everyone of you is coming to Orlando in March and invites me for Dinner :D

I really want to do the Behind the Seeds and The UnDISCOVERed Future World Tour at Epcot. Has anyone of you done one of these tours before? How can I book those tour? Only with a credit card and on the official site of WDW?
We'll have to plan something. :)

If you wish to take a tour, have me book it. I get up to 50% off depending on the tour and am open to saving any money for any of my fellow Sub friends that I can. Behind The Seeds would cost you around $10 if I booked it for you or if I came with you to take the tour (which I have never done).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Nice offer there Soarin'! I would definitely recommend the Behind the Seeds tour Epcotmaniac ~ that was quite interesting and a very reasonably priced tour. More so if Soarin' gets you a discount. I think you would enjoy it too Soarin' :D
The UnDISCOVERed Future World tour was ok. You might be surprised that you already know a lot of their little "insider" tips and information. It is a pleasant way to spend the morning, but I wasn't over the moon about it.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Fri 13, 2012 3:03 pm

I need to take the tour anyways when I have the time, it's making the time that's the problem. Eh. I need to remedy that.

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Fri 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
We'll have to plan something. :)

If you wish to take a tour, have me book it. I get up to 50% off depending on the tour and am open to saving any money for any of my fellow Sub friends that I can. Behind The Seeds would cost you around $10 if I booked it for you or if I came with you to take the tour (which I have never done).

That would be great and of course I want you to join.
Amy wrote:Nice offer there Soarin'! I would definitely recommend the Behind the Seeds tour Epcotmaniac ~ that was quite interesting and a very reasonably priced tour. More so if Soarin' gets you a discount. I think you would enjoy it too Soarin' :D
The UnDISCOVERed Future World tour was ok. You might be surprised that you already know a lot of their little "insider" tips and information. It is a pleasant way to spend the morning, but I wasn't over the moon about it.
I read some reviews about that tour and I think I will take it. I also want the Undiscovered Future World pin. :mrgreen:

I cant hardly wait. My travel agent said that the new cataloges must be there at the end of next week so I can check the prices.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:...I read some reviews about that tour and I think I will take it. I also want the Undiscovered Future World pin. :mrgreen:
I cant hardly wait. My travel agent said that the new cataloges must be there at the end of next week so I can check the prices.
That was one of the disappointing things for me. They have gone to pins for almost every tour "souvenir" Since I don't really collect pins, it is hard to get excited about them. It is a nice souvenir, but nothing like the book we got for the underground tour one year. Now that was a great souvenir!! :D
Can you check prices online Epcotmaniac, or do you have to wait for the travel catalogues? I'm not even sure you can get travel brochures here in the states anymore because so much is done online!

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Sat 14, 2012 3:00 am

I checked different prices online but I only do a reservation at my travel agent and not online. Strange to say they are sometimes much cheaper and maybe they have some good offers and I can add a stay in New York for very little money.

WHat kind of book did you get?