Coming back to Orlando in September 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: Coming back to Orlando in September 2013

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sat 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Amy wrote:You might try calling or checking online to see if any of the tours can be conducted in German. I'm not sure if they do any tours in other languages, or perhaps use the audio translators?
F1gment and I went on the Behind the Seeds tour the last time we went and really enjoyed it! And it was very reasonably priced ~ $18 for adults. There is also a 15% discount for AP holders and Disney Visa card holders. If you and your parents like plants at all, it really is a nice little tour.
Epcotmaniac- I can ask Nicole for you about tours OR you can message her. She may well still be here in September anyway to help with that!

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Mar Fri 22, 2013 1:16 pm

A little update:

I will spent 5 days in Orlando with my parents around september the 13th. Afterwards we will stay in Tampa for another 14 days.

I still have to convince my parents that we stay at the Pop Century. Any ideas how?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:A little update:

I will spent 5 days in Orlando with my parents around september the 13th. Afterwards we will stay in Tampa for another 14 days.

I still have to convince my parents that we stay at the Pop Century. Any ideas how?
Where are they leaning toward as far as a hotel now? If they are already planning on staying on property, then it shouldn't be too hard to convince them to choose Pop Century. If they aren't planning on staying on WDW property, it might be a bit more difficult. But you can always point out the bonuses of staying on property ~ using the WDW transportation, extra magic hours, time saved sitting in traffic, parking fees, the sheer convenience of running back to your room during the day if you would like, the awesome looking tye-dye cheesecake in the food court :lol: You can do it Epcotmaniac ~ you can sell them on staying there!! :D

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Mar Sat 23, 2013 6:59 am

My parents want to stay off property. I will show them some videos and pictures when they visit me in four weeks. they think its too expensive but I think if we have to pay 14 Dollars for parking at the parks each day its almost the same price.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 23, 2013 8:08 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:My parents want to stay off property. I will show them some videos and pictures when they visit me in four weeks. they think its too expensive but I think if we have to pay 14 Dollars for parking at the parks each day its almost the same price.
I would get as much info as you can on the hotel. Really stress how convenient it is to stay on property. You could offer to eat a few breakfasts in your room to save a little money as well. Or maybe you could offer to pay for one of the hotel nights. It would be really nice if Disney would offer free dining during your stay. Then you could really sell staying on property!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Wed 27, 2013 8:26 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:My parents want to stay off property. I will show them some videos and pictures when they visit me in four weeks. they think its too expensive but I think if we have to pay 14 Dollars for parking at the parks each day its almost the same price.
It is so worth it! Just for the peace of mind knowing that everything is taken care of and that you can sit back and relax and let disney do EVERYTHING for you!

We are tentatively going the first week in November! I can't wait!!!!!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Wed 27, 2013 2:07 pm

You should book with me or Nicole so we can get you a discount on-site...

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Apr Wed 24, 2013 7:54 am

So my parents are here since yesterday and we talked about our vacation today at lunch.

The arguments pro Pop Century worked and we will stay in Orlando for about 5 to 7 days and we will be there at the weekend of Friday the 13th. Cant hardly wait for the night of friday 13th when they unleash the Villains and Hollywood Studios are open until 1 a.m.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 24, 2013 8:24 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:So my parents are here since yesterday and we talked about our vacation today at lunch.

The arguments pro Pop Century worked and we will stay in Orlando for about 5 to 7 days and we will be there at the weekend of Friday the 13th. Cant hardly wait for the night of friday 13th when they unleash the Villains and Hollywood Studios are open until 1 a.m.
Well done Lars! You must have been very persuasive :D Friday the 13th sounds like it could be pretty cool with the Villains!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Apr Wed 24, 2013 9:51 am

Awesome deal! I know you will enjoy being immersed in Disney. Pop Century is fun. The food court gets a little crazy-busy for breakfast, but you can always take your tray back to your room if it's reasonably close.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016