Resort Hopping and Sea World!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Resort Hopping and Sea World!

Post by yodiwan1 » May Sat 12, 2012 3:23 pm

So, with my wife being pregnant and myself sitll being jobless, we were looking to take one last vacation before our family becomes 3. With Seaworld offering 2 days for the price of one, and far less rides for her to miss we decided to give it a try. She has never been there, and I haven't in almost 20 years. We are going for 5 days, so on another we are going to check out as many resorts as we can in about 6-7 hours. Even ride the monorail a few times! lol. If anyone has any tips please let me know. About hopping or Seaworld. We wiull be going from May 16-20. Thanks in advance for any advice! Oh, and since we've stayed at Caribbean Beach, and all the values, we won't be heading to those.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Resort Hopping and Sea World!

Post by Amy » May Sat 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Are you going to be going into the Disney parks at all, or just resort hopping?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Sat 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Just resort hopping, can't afford it this time around, plus too many rides the wife wouldn't be able to do. She is also been very"tolerant" of my Disney trips so far, so for this one I will comprimise and not actuall go into the parks, lol.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 12, 2012 4:17 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Just resort hopping, can't afford it this time around, plus too many rides the wife wouldn't be able to do. She is also been very"tolerant" of my Disney trips so far, so for this one I will comprimise and not actuall go into the parks, lol.
Sounds like a good plan. You can have a little dose of Disney by visiting the resorts and maybe Downtown Disney anyhow...you are a good man yodiwan1 :D

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Sat 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks Amy, I really try to be a good husband. I also just found out my friend we are staying with still has his AP, so we're going to Fantasia Gardens to play mini golf 50% off! Woohoo!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 12, 2012 6:03 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Thanks Amy, I really try to be a good husband. I also just found out my friend we are staying with still has his AP, so we're going to Fantasia Gardens to play mini golf 50% off! Woohoo!
Another little dose of Disney. It will all add up, and I'm sure you'll have a great time with your friends wherever you go.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Mon 14, 2012 10:02 am

I will gladly get you in the parks for a day if you decide you must go! :) I've plans on Saturday and maybe Sunday but I could flex out some time and do it one of the other days in the morning before work. At the least we should at least get together for dinner! :) Text me!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Wed 16, 2012 6:28 am

I just want everyone to knwo how awesome Soarin' is. She was willing to change her work schedule to get my wife and I into the parks Friday morning! Since we were only going to have a few hours to do stuff, I didn't want her to go out of her way for us. We will however hopefully have dinner with her and our friends Friday night! Next time we go up hopefully it won't be so last minute...and with a 3rd in our party!!! Thanks again Soarin'!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 16, 2012 6:50 am

yodiwan1 wrote:I just want everyone to knwo how awesome Soarin' is. She was willing to change her work schedule to get my wife and I into the parks Friday morning! Since we were only going to have a few hours to do stuff, I didn't want her to go out of her way for us. We will however hopefully have dinner with her and our friends Friday night! Next time we go up hopefully it won't be so last minute...and with a 3rd in our party!!! Thanks again Soarin'!
That's great ~ another picture of some Mayhem Marauders for the scrapbook!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 16, 2012 8:32 am

yodiwan1 wrote:I just want everyone to knwo how awesome Soarin' is. She was willing to change her work schedule to get my wife and I into the parks Friday morning! Since we were only going to have a few hours to do stuff, I didn't want her to go out of her way for us. We will however hopefully have dinner with her and our friends Friday night! Next time we go up hopefully it won't be so last minute...and with a 3rd in our party!!! Thanks again Soarin'!
I'm coming to dinner! :) I've just not had a chance to call or text back yet.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Mon 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, Soartin' had to work alte so we were enver able to meet up, but I did end up having breakfast at Kona's and taking the monorail around the resorts. After that I pin traded around DTD and took the DVC tour. Only like 3 pix were taken, but tons at Sea World. If anyone wants I will psot some of them here. Just let em know. We had a great time, but even my wife said she'd rather come back to WDW next time! woohoo!!!