2012 Int. Food and Wine Festival

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 2012 Int. Food and Wine Festival

Post by Amy » May Wed 09, 2012 8:57 pm

NaCler wrote:Amy, I don't think there is a discount for getting it, it's just a heckuva lot easier than having to get out your room key/credit card or fumble with cash at each kiosk. This is a stretchy band that has a card attached to it (about the size of those keychain cards for grocery stores, etc...). You load up the card like a prepaid visa, then just swipe it when you want something. They print the receipt for you which lists the remaining balance like the DDP.
That does sound like a nice idea. I've seen the little stretchy bracelet bands on people in pictures from the Food and Wine Festival. Now I know what they are!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Wed 09, 2012 9:12 pm

And knowing is half the battle... ;) (obscure GI Joe reference there)

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » May Tue 15, 2012 3:52 pm

NaCler wrote:Thanks for the info Soarin! We are trying to plan a trip for the Halloween Party this year. If you can get reduced tickets that would definitely help out. We have about 9 people that would be going.

As for on topic... The only advice I could give you Belle is don't eat prior to heading to EPCOT and get one of the F&WF wrist band cards and put $50 on it. It is so much easier to just swipe your wrist band every time you want to buy something.
That is AWESOME advice! Thank you so much! I definitely will save a lot of eating time for EPCOT and cannot wait to enjoy all of the different foods and drinks from all over the world!

Would you say that prices are roughly the same as regular food in the parks or are they jacked up because of the special event?

Also - where do you get these wristbands?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Wed 16, 2012 10:51 pm

The prices are definitely steep for the amount you get. Prices are usually $4-$6 per food item which doesn't sound too bad, but remember it's only a sampling of the food, not a full order. I think beverages are about the same. Wristbands should be available at guest relations and I think they sell them at the counter in Mouse Gears and at several kiosks around World Showcase.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » May Tue 22, 2012 10:00 am

NaCler wrote:The prices are definitely steep for the amount you get. Prices are usually $4-$6 per food item which doesn't sound too bad, but remember it's only a sampling of the food, not a full order. I think beverages are about the same. Wristbands should be available at guest relations and I think they sell them at the counter in Mouse Gears and at several kiosks around World Showcase.
Sounds great! I'm starting to save up now as food and drinks get so expensive. We have free dining last time, so I'm sure I will be taking an even bigger hit as I won't be used to spending so much money! But it will be worth it.
Plus, this time we won't be stuffing ourselves to not waste the food we get, so it won't be too bad being able to split and everything. And with the F&WF - since a lot of those are just a taste of things, we can split it so everyone can have a bite and experience it but don't have to break the bank.

CANNOT WAIT! Almost 5 months away! :-)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 30, 2012 8:56 am

NaCler wrote:Thanks for the info Soarin! We are trying to plan a trip for the Halloween Party this year. If you can get reduced tickets that would definitely help out. We have about 9 people that would be going.

As for on topic... The only advice I could give you Belle is don't eat prior to heading to EPCOT and get one of the F&WF wrist band cards and put $50 on it. It is so much easier to just swipe your wrist band every time you want to buy something.
If you decide to go, let me know enough in advance so I can purchase them before they sell out.

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Tue 03, 2012 1:18 pm

I have to say, I love the Not so Scary Halloween Party and the parade! I usually don't like parades, but that one is really cute. Also, it was fun to see my dad (in his 50s) running around to all of the stations trick or treating!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 03, 2012 4:56 pm

junebug1233 wrote:I have to say, I love the Not so Scary Halloween Party and the parade! I usually don't like parades, but that one is really cute. Also, it was fun to see my dad (in his 50s) running around to all of the stations trick or treating!
:lol: That would be fun to see your parent do that. Did he dress up for the party??

junebug1233

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Tue 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Amy wrote:
junebug1233 wrote:I have to say, I love the Not so Scary Halloween Party and the parade! I usually don't like parades, but that one is really cute. Also, it was fun to see my dad (in his 50s) running around to all of the stations trick or treating!
:lol: That would be fun to see your parent do that. Did he dress up for the party??
I think he just wore his Haunted Mansion shirt. My mom dressed as Minnie though.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 04, 2012 6:42 am

My plans for MNSSHP might be shot thanks to DLP, but eh. I can do MNSSHP next year. This might be my only chance to go to DLP for who knows how long.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jul Tue 31, 2012 9:09 am

They just released the booths and menus for the 2012 IF&WF!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/3 ... announced/

I'm SO excited to check out all of the yummy food and drinks! Now, the only problem is choosing which ones I want to get!
Any favorites that I shouldn't miss??

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Belle1082 wrote:They just released the booths and menus for the 2012 IF&WF!

I'm SO excited to check out all of the yummy food and drinks! Now, the only problem is choosing which ones I want to get!
Mmm, so many choices. We've never been during the Food and Wine festival, but I'd like to go one day when we had the dining plan to use the snack credits to taste our way around the world!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Thu 02, 2012 8:21 am

Amy wrote:

Mmm, so many choices. We've never been during the Food and Wine festival, but I'd like to go one day when we had the dining plan to use the snack credits to taste our way around the world!
I am a tad bummed out that we booked prior to the free dining during our trip, but at the same time, I know we wont' skimp on trying things and sharing things to save money but not to miss out on anything we want to try. With 8 of us going - I figure we can do a lot of buying one and sharing. That way, we each get a bite or two but don't fill up on one thing so we can keep trying the food and beverages! :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote:

I am a tad bummed out that we booked prior to the free dining during our trip, but at the same time, I know we wont' skimp on trying things and sharing things to save money but not to miss out on anything we want to try. With 8 of us going - I figure we can do a lot of buying one and sharing. That way, we each get a bite or two but don't fill up on one thing so we can keep trying the food and beverages! :-)
If all 8 of you are trying one itsty-bitsy thing, you might have to take teeny-tiny bites :shock: ;) Seriously, it would be fun to go with someone so you can share a whole bunch of different things, but most of the portions I have seen pictures of are pretty small...

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote: Mmm, so many choices. We've never been during the Food and Wine festival, but I'd like to go one day when we had the dining plan to use the snack credits to taste our way around the world!
If all 8 of you are trying one itsty-bitsy thing, you might have to take teeny-tiny bites :shock: ;) Seriously, it would be fun to go with someone so you can share a whole bunch of different things, but most of the portions I have seen pictures of are pretty small...
Good point! I'm sure that if there is something that everyone wants to try, we can get a few. But some of the REALLY good stuff I might not share with anyone. hehe