Just 4 days left

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Just 4 days left

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Tue 10, 2012 11:42 am

....all my friends are "packed" for our Disney vacation!!! :lol:

You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Just 4 days left

Post by cy1229 » Apr Tue 10, 2012 11:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somewhere, my sister has a pic of my niece, then 4 years old, sleeping in her suitcase a couple days before our trip to WDW in 2010.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by mjmcsl4me » Apr Tue 10, 2012 3:34 pm

cy1229 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somewhere, my sister has a pic of my niece, then 4 years old, sleeping in her suitcase a couple days before our trip to WDW in 2010.

I love that! Too cute!

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Apr Tue 10, 2012 3:36 pm

DisneyYorkie wrote:....all my friends are "packed" for our Disney vacation!!! :lol:

Do you put these in your window at the resort? We've never decorated but was thinking about it this time around. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and wondering if they do that sort of thing there, I've seen it before at Pop, etc.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Tue 10, 2012 4:00 pm

and yet, there's still room for me!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Tue 10, 2012 5:24 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
DisneyYorkie wrote:....all my friends are "packed" for our Disney vacation!!! :lol:

Do you put these in your window at the resort? We've never decorated but was thinking about it this time around. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and wondering if they do that sort of thing there, I've seen it before at Pop, etc.
We are staying in a villa off property this trip because we will be there for a month. But we have taken all our stuffed animals with us in the past when we have stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports and All Star Music. In all three locations, the staff always arranged our animals each day! It was so much fun to come back and see the clever things they had done...including folding various towels and washclothes into additional "animals." Our girls loved it!

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Tue 10, 2012 5:26 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:and yet, there's still room for me!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will be driving across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and eventually get on 95 South...are you on the way????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 10, 2012 8:05 pm

I thought you were just joking about taking all your stuffed friends! Ahhh, the advantages of driving and not paying checked baggage fees :lol:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Wed 11, 2012 2:20 am

mjmcsl4me wrote: We've never decorated but was thinking about it this time around. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and wondering if they do that sort of thing there, I've seen it before at Pop, etc.
The first time we stayed at Port Orleans we took Growl with us he is a furry Gorilla. The first morning the mousekeeper made him a friend. In the morning before leaving I put him and his friend either side of the table, when we came back in the evening they had a towel rose in a glass between them even had a little sprig of green in it. We carried on like this for the rest of the holiday you just never knew what was coming next and for those of you that do not know we have no children this is two grown adults playing with a mousekeeper.
I think the funniest one was when we came back one day I had put them both on the bed in the morning meaning to do something with them but had forgot. The mousekeeper had created an elephant from pillows and towels they were both sitting on top of it facing the TV the trunk was on the remote and she had turned the radio on on the TV. I have a picture if you want to see it.

So in long winded answer yes they do it at Port Orleans.

Just for the record we do not normally take anything with us but this was a joke in the family as we had created a photo series to send to Joe's sister with Growl booking his holiday so he had to come and have some pics taken at animal kingdom.

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Apr Wed 11, 2012 5:35 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote: We've never decorated but was thinking about it this time around. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and wondering if they do that sort of thing there, I've seen it before at Pop, etc.
The first time we stayed at Port Orleans we took Growl with us he is a furry Gorilla. The first morning the mousekeeper made him a friend. In the morning before leaving I put him and his friend either side of the table, when we came back in the evening they had a towel rose in a glass between them even had a little sprig of green in it. We carried on like this for the rest of the holiday you just never knew what was coming next and for those of you that do not know we have no children this is two grown adults playing with a mousekeeper.
I think the funniest one was when we came back one day I had put them both on the bed in the morning meaning to do something with them but had forgot. The mousekeeper had created an elephant from pillows and towels they were both sitting on top of it facing the TV the trunk was on the remote and she had turned the radio on on the TV. I have a picture if you want to see it.

So in long winded answer yes they do it at Port Orleans.

Just for the record we do not normally take anything with us but this was a joke in the family as we had created a photo series to send to Joe's sister with Growl booking his holiday so he had to come and have some pics taken at animal kingdom.
Too cute! I love this type of stuff! I know my kids will enjoy it and I look forward to it :D Yes I would love to see a pic! Thanks so much for the info!

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Wed 11, 2012 5:56 am

Amy wrote:I thought you were just joking about taking all your stuffed friends! Ahhh, the advantages of driving and not paying checked baggage fees :lol:
Oh no...we must take EVERY piece of Disney related paraphernalia that we own! :lol: right down to the Disney 101 Dalmations canteen, the Tinkerbell sippy cup, the autograph book, the Mickey fiber-optic toy, the Minny Mouse headband with ears (which my 15 year old probably WON'T wear, but I just MIGHT :lol: ) and the "spinny-thing", as my youngest called it, that you press with your fingers and the little arms twirl around and light up :!: :!: :!:

And we love driving. Only time we ever flew to Orlando was on our honeymoon (I hate flying :evil: ). We do the drive in 2 days. We usually make it to Florence, SC or thereabouts the first day and then drive the rest of the way on the second day.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 11, 2012 7:38 am

Sleepy90 ~ oh my yes, pics please!! :D
Wow DisneyYorkie. That is neat that you take your Disney stuff with you. Although if you were to forget that suitcase, you would have to buy some new Disney gear to decorate your room ;) :lol:

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Thu 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Amy wrote:Sleepy90 ~ oh my yes, pics please!! :D
Wow DisneyYorkie. That is neat that you take your Disney stuff with you. Although if you were to forget that suitcase, you would have to buy some new Disney gear to decorate your room ;) :lol:
Ahhh, yes that is true, Amy! I'm not sure why we take all the stuff, but I will tell you that it is my DH that insists!!!! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 12, 2012 6:01 pm

DisneyYorkie wrote:
Ahhh, yes that is true, Amy! I'm not sure why we take all the stuff, but I will tell you that it is my DH that insists!!!! :lol:
Ahhh, your DH is on to you, and quite possibly that whole forgetting and having to buy new theory I proffered ;) :lol:

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Thu 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Amy wrote:
DisneyYorkie wrote:
Ahhh, your DH is on to you, and quite possibly that whole forgetting and having to buy new theory I proffered ;) :lol:
Hmmm...quite astute of you. Don't know why I didn't think of that first! :lol: :roll: