WDW 2012: The Celebration

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: WDW 2012: The Celebration

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Day 2 continued...

No rest for the weary...We get back to Pop Century and rush to get our bathing suits on as it is a beautiful day getting quite warm. We have about 2 hours to swim and get ready for the MMM meetup at 4:15pm.

I was kind of apprehensive as I have been in Value resort pools that have been so hot it felt like you were taking a bath. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the water was actually cold! It took a few minutes to get used to, but it was pure heaven after that. Now, I love what Disney has done lately with its pool activities. I'm sure anyone who stays in the rooms close by don't agree, especially if they attempt a nap at any time during the day. The kids had a blast and it's a lot of fun watching them do stupid things or dancing while you lounge in the water. After about an hour, Andrew and I left the rest of the family in the Hippy Dippy pool to get ready to head to EPCOT.

We must have been way too excited as we got to EPCOT too early. We were there at 3:45, so we had about 30 minutes to kill. Normally I would just do Spaceship Earth but Andrew was really wanting to do Mission Space as he has never done it. I checked the board and it was listed as a 10 minute wait... JACKPOT!!! Make my kid happy and still be there on time. Andrew loves thrill rides and he's 6yo. That's my boy. I asked him if he wanted the Green or Orange side and explained the difference to him. He chose Green but I told him that he would be fine with Orange and that it would be more fun. We went Orange and I am SOOO glad we did. I haven't been on it in a long time and the first time I did, I felt a little queasy afterwards. I haven't been on it since, until now. I had forgotten how many times they warn you about the motion sickness and I was worried about my boy. I don't know why. He was laughing and talking and using the joystick all throughout the ride. He was loving it! I have a feeling that it is going to become a "must do" when we visit EPCOT. It was about 4:13pm when we got off of MS and we headed towards SSE for the meetup. I sent a text to Len and mindflipper saying that I was a few minutes away and Len replied that he was on a bus heading our way but would be a little late.

Coming down the walkway I noticed some familiar faces standing around talking. Soarin08 and mindflipper were chatting anxiously awaiting Len/Mark's arrival. Notice I didn't say MY arrival. We're old friends now so I can honestly say they weren't waiting for me... haha. After catching up with them I noticed another familiar face walking up to us. Len had run from the bus and told us that his family was coming shortly. Shortly after, we were all one big happy family. Seriously, we didn't miss a beat and had no shortage of things to discuss. We decided to venture into the big golf ball since we were there anyway. I'm pretty sure no one did the ride in English as the current version just doesn't do justice to the ride. I heard some Chinese food may have been ordered from a car in front of us! (Thank you mindflipper for providing the in-ride photos of everyone. It looks like I am riding with a pretty lady, but my son was too short and it didn't pick up his face so I keep calling him a girl... haha!)

After the ride everyone was gracious enough to wait around for the rest of my family as mom sent me a text saying that they were on the ride. We went outside and took the group photo that again, mindflipper so graciously posted earlier. The plan after that was to make a quick trip to Club Cool before Len and family ran off to eat. Unfortunately, I also had earlier dinner plans, so we parted ways at that time. 

Mexico... simply put, my absolute favorite country in World Showcase. Great ambiance inside, excellent dining at San Angel, an outstanding tequila bar and a relaxing boat ride. I have spent hours in that place at a time. Since the kids were with us we skipped La Cava del Tequila this time, but you know there were a couple margeritas ordered during dinner! Dinner was excellent as always. We even discovered new hidden gems as we have never had the kids with us before. The salad that comes with the kids meals were excellent and the kids get a choice of vanilla ice cream or churros. BOTH are awesome! The vanilla ice cream is infused with warm caramel... mMMmMmmMmm. The churros come with a caramel dipping sauce... MMmmMmmMmmm. We rode the boat ride and reluctantly left the pyramid.

It was almost 7pm and several attractions close in Futureworld at that time, so we knew there would be no Stupid Judy on this trip (yes, that's what the kids call it now). We had to choose between Captain EO and Journey to Imagination. Figment won... Mainly because of time. By now the kids are pretty tired so we decide to go back to the hotel to watch the movie by the pool, which was Toy Story 3 that night. We also figure we can make a brief stop and ride Nemo on the way out. While we were walking past the Land I noticed some mysterious figure lurking to the side taking pictures of us... Yes, that man of mystery, Mindflipper himself. He decides to join us on our undersea adventure. We then head out of the park and part ways with Mindflipper.

No major issues going back. We enjoyed a little of the movie with a frosty beverage, then called it a night. We had to get up early if we were going to ride Toy Story Mania tomorrow.

Up next... Day 3... You AGAIN???

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 14, 2012 11:56 pm

It's actually cool to be part of someone else's trip report!
NaCler wrote:Soarin08 and mindflipper were chatting anxiously awaiting Len/Mark's arrival. Notice I didn't say MY arrival. We're old friends now so I can honestly say they weren't waiting for me... haha.
Not true! We both walked around looking for anyone else to arrive. Soarin08 got your text you would be running late, so I guess we started looking for Len90 & Mark86 as we already knew you were on the way.
NaCler wrote:(Thank you mindflipper for providing the in-ride photos of everyone. It looks like I am riding with a pretty lady, but my son was too short and it didn't pick up his face so I keep calling him a girl... haha!)
I was wondering why I couldn't find your son, NaCler. When I didn't see him in yours, I then thought maybe he rode in his own car (after all, they wanted to ride in their clamshells for Nemo) but I didn't find anything.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 15, 2012 4:34 am

What a nice conclusion to Day 2. I like that you find a way to balance fun and excitement and relaxation all in one day. I've got to work on that relaxation angle!
There's more? Day 3? Hooray! :D I hope there are more pictures though... ;)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Fri 15, 2012 6:39 am

Thank you Mindflipper. You know I was only joking about not wanting to see me. I love meeting up with any Subbers no matter how many times we've met before. I think you and Soarin are tied for the lead with 3 times now. ;)

Amy, sorry dear. I had no cameras with me on this trip except for my mom's iPhone. If I can switch those over, I'll post them. But there aren't that many.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Fri 15, 2012 10:33 am

mindflipper wrote:
Mousekedude wrote: We would absolutely love to do Marathon Weekend 2013, but at this point it's not looking like we will be able to. But you never know.... a truckload of pixie dust might spill on a highway overpass while we drive under.... :wink:
But I think a truckload of money would do the job much better... :mrgreen:
Naw, it'll take pixie dust. Money alone won't overcome the various obstacles. :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Mousekedude wrote: We would absolutely love to do Marathon Weekend 2013, but at this point it's not looking like we will be able to. But you never know.... a truckload of pixie dust might spill on a highway overpass while we drive under.... :wink:
But I think a truckload of money would do the job much better... :mrgreen:
Naw, it'll take pixie dust. Money alone won't overcome the various obstacles. :(
Pixie dust over money?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: Those must be some pretty bad obstacles there, M-dude :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sat 16, 2012 3:13 pm

The computer nearly had a shower with those Beverly pics!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great trip reports so far and love the pics! Glad to see that Len got over his green tint and mindflipper continues to be bony and pale! ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sat 16, 2012 5:12 pm

MmeLeota wrote:The computer nearly had a shower with those Beverly pics!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great trip reports so far and love the pics! Glad to see that Len got over his green tint and mindflipper continues to be bony and pale! ;)
Actually, I had two other "Post-Beverly Len" pics, but I decided on that one. Maybe once he gets back and starts his trip reports I may put the other two up...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Sun 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Here are a couple of pics from our trip. Sorry there aren't that many.

I'm a little late on this one...

For all you nuts out there, they changed the shampoo bottles and bath soap.

A couple of Star Wars Weekends pics

Yep, that's my boy not noticing that Darth Vadar is walking right past him... come on man!

This Yoda was made entirely of balloons!

The parade...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 18, 2012 6:53 am

Neat ~ I love the new soap and shampoo! Do you know if those are only in the nicer resorts, or are the Values getting them as well? I would have to keep all those cute little Mickey Ear topped bottles for sure :lol:
That is a cute picture of your son with Darth. Good thing you noticed Darth in time ;)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Amy wrote:Neat ~ I love the new soap and shampoo! Do you know if those are only in the nicer resorts, or are the Values getting them as well? I would have to keep all those cute little Mickey Ear topped bottles for sure :lol:
That is a cute picture of your son with Darth. Good thing you noticed Darth in time ;)
We were at Pop Century, so I believe the new bottles and soap are in every resort. Also, you can't really read it from the pic, but they both are both blushing orange scented and smell really nice. I like the change.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 18, 2012 8:25 pm

NaCler wrote:
Amy wrote:Neat ~ I love the new soap and shampoo! Do you know if those are only in the nicer resorts, or are the Values getting them as well? I would have to keep all those cute little Mickey Ear topped bottles for sure :lol:
We were at Pop Century, so I believe the new bottles and soap are in every resort. Also, you can't really read it from the pic, but they both are both blushing orange scented and smell really nice. I like the change.
I saw the Blushing Orange flavor on the soap, but I couldn't see that the shampoo was the same. It sounds like it would smell nice :D Plus that little mouse ear cap is just too cute :mickey:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 18, 2012 10:02 pm

The best part about that bottle is that it snaps back to open. You don't have to unscrew it to open.

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Wed 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Awe man we were there in May and they were the other style. I like these even better! Guess I gotta go back.....

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Wed 20, 2012 11:07 pm

mindflipper wrote:It's actually cool to be part of someone else's trip report!
NaCler wrote:Soarin08 and mindflipper were chatting anxiously awaiting Len/Mark's arrival. Notice I didn't say MY arrival. We're old friends now so I can honestly say they weren't waiting for me... haha.
Not true! We both walked around looking for anyone else to arrive. Soarin08 got your text you would be running late, so I guess we started looking for Len90 & Mark86 as we already knew you were on the way.

Indeed! We were waiting for you AND Len and Mark, all equally.