WDW 2012: The Celebration

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: WDW 2012: The Celebration

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 04, 2012 10:21 am

Len90 wrote:Great report both of you but there are some minor details that will need to be straightened out in the future...
Er, what minor details would that be? :oops:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 04, 2012 1:02 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:Great report both of you but there are some minor details that will need to be straightened out in the future...
Maybe the fact that you turned him the color of Elphaba?? ;)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Mon 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Maybe the fact that you turned him the color of Elphaba?? ;)
I can vouch for the fact that didn't occur. :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Okay, one small, minor, immaterial exaggeration. But then again, Len90 did pose for those photos LOL so the idea was not mine alone...

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Details, details... I'm SURE no one wants to be bored with minor details. Haha...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm guessing the factual recounting isn't anywhere near as fun as one that has been embellished a wee bit ;) Although...with this group, it might be! :shock: :twisted: ;)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Mon 04, 2012 9:24 pm

You have me as a witness to the event, I wil tell no lies as far as what happened. :D

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Day 2...The search for more Len... and other Mayhem... Marauders that is.

The plan this morning was to head back to the MK and do what we missed the night before. We stopped at the Pop Century food court for some breakfast as the kids were wanting a Pop waffle. We get to the park a little after rope drop and head for Tomorrowland. On the way in I noticed an abundance of red shirted indiviuals and quite a few middle aged men holding hands. Yep folks, we were at the MK on a very festive day indeed... Andrew and I get in line for Space Mountain since it is only a 20 minute wait while Mom and the other two boys go on Buzz a couple of times. After Space we met them at Buzz and waited about 5 minutes to ride. Of course we make our must do trip on the Peoplemover. We decide to skip the Carousel of Progress mainly due to time constraints. Next, we went over and did the new Dumbo, which was about 20 minutes, then the Barnstormer which was only 10 minutes. I like the new Circus area and think it will be really nice once the "not a queue" queue area for Dumbo opens later this month. Mom decides to take the boys to Philharmagic while I run and get a couple of FP for BMTRR as I really did not want to miss it since it reopened.

We met back at the Haunted Mansion and went in looking for packwingfn who was working somewhere in the Mansion that morning. We unfortunately did not see him this time. We ate at the Columbia Harbor House as that has become a tradition for my mother for whatever reason. I think it's good, but nothing special and definitely not a must do for me. After lunch it was time for the FP return on BTMRR. I was majorly disappointed with this ride and if you want to see why then check out my post on the BMTRR refurb thread.

At this point the park was starting to get very crowded, over populated with red shirts and HOT. We decide to go back to the hotel and do a little swimming. We needed to be back in EPCOT by 4:15pm and it was almost 2pm already...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 13, 2012 7:08 am

It sounds like the wait times were really low considering how crowded it was when you were there.
I must ask, what constitutes a "Pop waffle"??

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Wed 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Ah, the memories!!!! I've been gone from these boards a little while due to circumstances beyond my control (I won't bore y'all with details...), and it really tugs at my heartstrings to get back on here today and see all the mayhem I've been missing!!! Awesome reporting, NaCler and Mindflipper... I'm so totally jealous that you got to meet and hang out with Len and Mark, and of course my good pal Soarin... But I am enjoying living vicariously through y'all as this report unfolds... looking forward to more!!! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Ah, the memories!!!! I've been gone from these boards a little while due to circumstances beyond my control (I won't bore y'all with details...), and it really tugs at my heartstrings to get back on here today and see all the mayhem I've been missing!!! Awesome reporting, NaCler and Mindflipper... I'm so totally jealous that you got to meet and hang out with Len and Mark, and of course my good pal Soarin... But I am enjoying living vicariously through y'all as this report unfolds... looking forward to more!!! :D
I got Len90 and Mark86 (under protest) to drink Beverly just so I could get their Beverly faces for you, M-dude. :mrgreen:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Wed 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Amy wrote:It sounds like the wait times were really low considering how crowded it was when you were there.
I must ask, what constitutes a "Pop waffle"??
It's a plate sized waffle that has the Pop Century logo in the middle of it. That's it, nothing more spectacular like being tie-dyed or anything. The crowds were pretty good this trip, especially the last day...

Mousekedude - thank you for the reporting praise. I'm sorry we will miss you on our brothers trip in August. There may be some rumblings of Subbers doing marathon weekend in 2013. Are you and Mouseoholic planning on running again?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Thu 14, 2012 3:26 pm

mindflipper wrote: I got Len90 and Mark86 (under protest) to drink Beverly just so I could get their Beverly faces for you, M-dude. :mrgreen:
And I appreciated that! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Thu 14, 2012 3:34 pm

NaCler wrote: Mousekedude - thank you for the reporting praise. I'm sorry we will miss you on our brothers trip in August. There may be some rumblings of Subbers doing marathon weekend in 2013. Are you and Mouseoholic planning on running again?
We would absolutely love to do Marathon Weekend 2013, but at this point it's not looking like we will be able to. But you never know.... a truckload of pixie dust might spill on a highway overpass while we drive under.... :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
NaCler wrote: Mousekedude - thank you for the reporting praise. I'm sorry we will miss you on our brothers trip in August. There may be some rumblings of Subbers doing marathon weekend in 2013. Are you and Mouseoholic planning on running again?
We would absolutely love to do Marathon Weekend 2013, but at this point it's not looking like we will be able to. But you never know.... a truckload of pixie dust might spill on a highway overpass while we drive under.... :wink:
But I think a truckload of money would do the job much better... :mrgreen: