Living and Working at Disney- Soarin's CM Journal

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Living and Working at Disney- Soarin's CM Journal

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Well as of today, I am indeed going to DLP!! I booked the room this morning!!!!!
Whoo~hoo! That is exciting :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Fri 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I was seriously jumping all around the office from excitement. Now I just have to send Mr. Brit the booking number so he can keep an eye on it and all will be well!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Sun 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Well as of today, I am indeed going to DLP!! I booked the room this morning!!!!!
Awsome!!! Have fun!!! :ccat: :hatter_bounce:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Sun 22, 2012 9:40 am

Soarin08 wrote:I was seriously jumping all around the office from excitement. Now I just have to send Mr. Brit the booking number so he can keep an eye on it and all will be well!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Time to make a countdown banner...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 22, 2012 10:55 am

cy1229 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I was seriously jumping all around the office from excitement. Now I just have to send Mr. Brit the booking number so he can keep an eye on it and all will be well!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Time to make a countdown banner...
I did, it's in my signature! 102 days!!!!

... like I'm counting. :mrgreen:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Sat 06, 2012 9:50 am

I haven't been insanely active in a looooong time SOOO just going to say HELLO! :wave: Lots of new stuff is going on with me, such as:

1. I got a statused position with MK Guest Relations :mrgreen: that becomes effective next Sunday the 14th so I'm moving on from V&A's, not to say I won't pick up hours over here (I'm looking at YOU, Mousekecouple!) but MK is now my new home! SO EXCITED!!

2. I'm singing in Candlelight Processional this year :mrgreen: so if anyone is coming down for any of the shows, let me know which one and I'll sign up to sing that evening. So far I am for sure singing on 12/23 with Gary Sinise, 6.45/8.15 late pair, as we were allowed one show to pick in advance.

3. I had to push back going to Paris to January, I ran into a massive issue with flight availability, so I got it booked for the 11th-14th instead. Actually, it's fine I delayed, the room dropped WAY down, $160 USD for the days, a FAR nicer deal than Cali or Florida ever dream of giving! :shock:

I guess those are the main things, I have lots of pics I eventually need to share, mostly Fantasyland stuff and also MNSSHP and Epcot's 30th anniversary!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Cool ~ congrats on all the good things happening in your professional life! Looking forward to pictures and some behind the scenes experiences for the Candlelight Processional :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Sun 14, 2012 9:25 pm

SO today is my only day off for a bit and as I went to meet my friend at the TTC to show her where Disney University is, she tells me "There is a test going on for Fantasyland! Ariel is open and the restaurant is too for pictures!"

So guess where we spent a good chunk of time today??

You guessed it:

M-dude saw this to make him jealous, but here's a full report!!

So the first thing we did was ride Ariel's Undersea Adventures. It was a walk-on and the queue is AMAZING, very similar to the Nemo one at Epcot. It's mostly inside so summer waiting won't be bad at all. They were ushering people pretty quickly so pics weren't too easy in the queue but here's Scuttle, who is similar to Buzz and Mr Potato Head at two other familiar rides-

The ride itself starts out like you're on land-

And then you "dive" into the water. The clam mobile rotates backwards, and then this bubbly blue effect fills the air, along with a fresh cool breeze and the sound of waves-

You see Ariel's silhouette right above your head after diving under the sea-

Part off your world, Ariel in her grotto, complete with Eric's statue-

Triton's palace-

This was one of the two best parts of the ride. Dancing and singing sea creatures, led by Sebastian, leading riders in a rousing chorus of "Under the Sea"-

This was my other favourite part. "Poor Unfortunate Souls" and Ursula taking Ariel's voice. Ursula is VERY well done, one of the best animatronics I've seen-

For "Kiss the Girl"... they do almost kiss!! :)

Ariel getting her voice back and the final scene:

Next post: Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern, and a wonderful new frozen concoction that will get your taste buds excited!! :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Sounds like there wasn't a budget for a plot, just like in the DCA version. If going from the scenes presented it's a bunch of a-holes that hate on some poor black octopus woman for no reason, they have a sucessful buisness transaction, and the end. :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 15, 2012 5:50 am

By the time we made it back there, this attraction was closed. :-( Nice pictures, Soarin'!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 15, 2012 8:08 am

So the preview was for all guests, not just CMs? Nice :D It looks a lot like the version in DCA. Does anyone know if it is the exact same attraction as far as the scenes and track layout? Or are there variations between DCA and WDW?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 15, 2012 9:20 am

Soarin08 wrote: M-dude saw this to make him jealous...
Yeah, and it worked too.... :evil: :wink: :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Mon 15, 2012 11:14 am

Amy wrote:So the preview was for all guests, not just CMs? Nice :D It looks a lot like the version in DCA. Does anyone know if it is the exact same attraction as far as the scenes and track layout? Or are there variations between DCA and WDW?
It's not a preview, it's a test according to Disney, although I'm a little irritated they're allowing just anyone to see it before the actual previews that are scheduled, kind of makes the point of a formal preview end up moot.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Well, there isn't much to preview since it's an exact copy of the god-awful DCA version in a different shaped shell.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I haven't been insanely active in a looooong time SOOO just going to say HELLO! :wave: Lots of new stuff is going on with me, such as:

1. I got a statused position with MK Guest Relations :mrgreen: that becomes effective next Sunday the 14th so I'm moving on from V&A's, not to say I won't pick up hours over here (I'm looking at YOU, Mousekecouple!) but MK is now my new home! SO EXCITED!!

2. I'm singing in Candlelight Processional this year :mrgreen: so if anyone is coming down for any of the shows, let me know which one and I'll sign up to sing that evening. So far I am for sure singing on 12/23 with Gary Sinise, 6.45/8.15 late pair, as we were allowed one show to pick in advance.

3. I had to push back going to Paris to January, I ran into a massive issue with flight availability, so I got it booked for the 11th-14th instead. Actually, it's fine I delayed, the room dropped WAY down, $160 USD for the days, a FAR nicer deal than Cali or Florida ever dream of giving! :shock:

I guess those are the main things, I have lots of pics I eventually need to share, mostly Fantasyland stuff and also MNSSHP and Epcot's 30th anniversary!
Good lu...scratch that - BREAK A LEG! - with the candelight processional!

As for Paris in January: dress warmly. Dress VERY warmly. It's gonna be cold there...brrrrrrrr......