Living and Working at Disney- Soarin's CM Journal

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Living and Working at Disney- Soarin's CM Journal

Post by momeja » Mar Sun 18, 2012 9:14 am

Soarin, thank you for posting all these pictures!!! We're taking my MIL on the Fantasy next November to celebrate her 80th birthday. It's great to get a preview. :)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Sun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Wow! Those are some amazing pics Soarin! Thank you so much for sharing, and I'm looking forward to the next round. :D

I really like the pictures in the teen spa...I love butterflies! :D

We have only been on 1 cruise and we loved it! Hopefully we'll be able to experience a Disney Cruise someday.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Mar Mon 19, 2012 6:20 am

Great pics, Soarin! I love that ship! The level of luxury is very impressive!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Sat 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Well sorry for the delay... considering this is my final week of school and then my degree is supposed to be in my hand after next Friday, I've been a little overwhelmed. I worked the Fantasy maiden voyage today but until I get into that, here's more of the interior shots.

Stateroom pics! Deluxe verandah view. The temptation to stow away in here was pretty strong. :wink:

And a shot of part of the main pool's QSR place- it's Cars themed-

Main pool shots! Including the AquaDuck! What I wouldn't give for a ride on that thing.

And I'll leave it there for now.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 31, 2012 9:06 pm

I want one of those Disney Cruise Line towels!! :D
The Mickey hand at the main pool is pretty neat! The AquaDuck looks pretty amazing ~ and huge! Much bigger than it has seemed in previous pictures from the company. Is that something that is included with the cruise or is it an additional charge to ride that?
Good luck on wrapping up your schooling :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Sat 31, 2012 9:08 pm

As far as I know, no charge for the AquaDuck. I can't wait to ride it. Someone was riding it today as the ship went down the canal and out to sea. I'd never actually seen it on and running till today.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 01, 2012 8:21 am

Soarin08 wrote:As far as I know, no charge for the AquaDuck. I can't wait to ride it. Someone was riding it today as the ship went down the canal and out to sea. I'd never actually seen it on and running till today.
Fun! I wonder if it will only run while the ship is at sea?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Apr Sun 01, 2012 8:49 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:As far as I know, no charge for the AquaDuck. I can't wait to ride it. Someone was riding it today as the ship went down the canal and out to sea. I'd never actually seen it on and running till today.
Well the only reason it wasn't running when I was on the ship is because of course no guests were onboard.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 01, 2012 10:19 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Well the only reason it wasn't running when I was on the ship is because of course no guests were onboard.
Oh :oops: yeah, that would make sense! :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Sun 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Wow, that thing is just totally amazing beyond words! I soooo want to book a cruise on that bad boy now!!! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Mon 02, 2012 9:28 am

Those pictures are amazing Soarin!!!! Wow! The ship is so amazing! I watched it on the webcam as it pulled out of it's port and on out to sea and it was awesome...I can't imagine what it was like in person!!!!

Mousekedude, those are my sentiments exactly. :D

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Apr Tue 03, 2012 5:19 am

A comment I should've made before-- all the peacock detailing is AWESOME.

Beautiful birds, and a really nice use of their beauty by the Imagineers.

I'm enjoying following along in this journal, Soarin. Congrats on the soon-to-be diploma! I am so proud of you! Hard to believe you are graduating already. Time flies!

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Wow, the Aquaduck looks awesome! Thanks again for all the great pics. :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 02, 2012 5:24 am

Hi guys! I'll post more pics soon, just wanted to come on and update on my life. Haven't posted in a bit because of my schedule. Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook at least know I'm alive, as do the Mousekecouple, so if you need me at all, you should probably ask for my email. :mrgreen:

It's been busy with job interviews as well as the general hustle and bustle of the office. I swear, I feel like we are hiring a whole new ship! :shock: It's been so busy post-Fantasy, I thought things would slow down but I guess not!!

I am currently waiting to hear back as of today on the position I applied to at the Grand (okay, Victoria and Albert's) so we'll see how that turns out. It's part time for post-internship, so it would be a great job to have. Also have an interview tomorrow for the Guest Relations bench (if you don't know "bench" then just ask and I shall explain) so we'll see how that works out. Either way, this wraps in about 6 weeks so I have to have options after it. There was a part time opening here but I didn't get it due to the timing of when the position needed to start and when I finish as an intern. All is well, though, I'll just keep looking!

And I DID get my degree! It should be coming (an official paper copy) in a couple weeks. My mom is getting it first to frame it then send it on back to me here in Florida. I also am an official Floridian thanks to the car title being Florida now AND having a Florida license plate!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » May Wed 02, 2012 8:44 am

Soarin08 wrote:Hi guys! I'll post more pics soon, just wanted to come on and update on my life. Haven't posted in a bit because of my schedule. Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook at least know I'm alive, as do the Mousekecouple, so if you need me at all, you should probably ask for my email. :mrgreen:

It's been busy with job interviews as well as the general hustle and bustle of the office. I swear, I feel like we are hiring a whole new ship! :shock: It's been so busy post-Fantasy, I thought things would slow down but I guess not!!

I am currently waiting to hear back as of today on the position I applied to at the Grand (okay, Victoria and Albert's) so we'll see how that turns out. It's part time for post-internship, so it would be a great job to have. Also have an interview tomorrow for the Guest Relations bench (if you don't know "bench" then just ask and I shall explain) so we'll see how that works out. Either way, this wraps in about 6 weeks so I have to have options after it. There was a part time opening here but I didn't get it due to the timing of when the position needed to start and when I finish as an intern. All is well, though, I'll just keep looking!

And I DID get my degree! It should be coming (an official paper copy) in a couple weeks. My mom is getting it first to frame it then send it on back to me here in Florida. I also am an official Floridian thanks to the car title being Florida now AND having a Florida license plate!
Since you offered - what is bench?? ;-)