My first trip to Disneyland!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: My first trip to Disneyland!

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Mon 12, 2012 9:49 pm

packwingfn wrote:Booked my trip to Disneyland! September 25th to September 30th! $389 round trip, only $75 for 5 nights (friend works for hyatt) and we are staying at the hyatt 1 mile from Disneyland! Got the time off work, now the waiting begins..6 1/2 months!
Amazing!!! You're going to have so much fun! I'm hoping to make it out there soon... ugh so expensive though. :? At least for me, you got a great deal!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jun Wed 27, 2012 12:06 pm

When will the park hours / park refurbishments be announced for September 2012?
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Wed 27, 2012 3:28 pm

packwingfn wrote:When will the park hours / park refurbishments be announced for September 2012?
This page gives you generic information about park hours (when they're usually open). It says that you can check specifics 6 weeks ahead of time.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/plan/ti ... -to-visit/
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jul Tue 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Still waiting patiently for Park hours to be posted...

Also thinking of going to the Ronald Reagan Museum to check out the D23 Archives they have there...

Also wanna walk around Disney Studios and get pictures of Walt's office, Mickey Ave/Donald Way sign..had anyone been there to give me some more info on whether or not i can walk around just to take pictures of the outside?

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 25, 2012 5:39 am

packwingfn wrote:Still waiting patiently for Park hours to be posted...

Also thinking of going to the Ronald Reagan Museum to check out the D23 Archives they have there...

Also wanna walk around Disney Studios and get pictures of Walt's office, Mickey Ave/Donald Way sign..had anyone been there to give me some more info on whether or not i can walk around just to take pictures of the outside?
I don't think you can simply walk around the Disney Studios. It looks like they host free tours every now and then. Your best bet is probably calling the studios and seeing if you can arrange a tour. Being that you are a CM in WDW will probably be a big help :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 25, 2012 8:33 am

packwingfn wrote:Also thinking of going to the Ronald Reagan Museum to check out the D23 Archives they have there...
From what I have seen, it looks to be a pretty impressive exhibit of Disney items to be on display...

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jul Wed 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah I'm defnitely doing the archives at the reagan library. The stuff that they have there looks amazing! The Disney Studios Tour will be bonus. I just want to take a picture of the building with the 7 Dwarfs etc. I know they don't offer tours inside which I understand, I just wanna see certain buildings on the outside just for a few minutes.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 25, 2012 10:18 pm

If you check the dateline disneyland, several attractions will be closed for part of september (two for halloween/holiday overlays and I think another three for refurbishment and OSHA compliance). If you're going prior to the 14th Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion will be closed. After the 14th the Halloween promos start.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 26, 2012 6:35 am

packwingfn wrote:Yeah I'm defnitely doing the archives at the reagan library. The stuff that they have there looks amazing! The Disney Studios Tour will be bonus. I just want to take a picture of the building with the 7 Dwarfs etc. I know they don't offer tours inside which I understand, I just wanna see certain buildings on the outside just for a few minutes.
Hmmm, you probably can get a picture of the building from the parking lot. I have a blurry picture when we went by on the highway. My brother wasn't very accommodating about stopping and taking photos :roll: Although he did take me to the cemetery so I could take a photo of Walt Disney's grave site.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 26, 2012 10:58 am

packwingfn wrote:Yeah I'm defnitely doing the archives at the reagan library. The stuff that they have there looks amazing! The Disney Studios Tour will be bonus. I just want to take a picture of the building with the 7 Dwarfs etc. I know they don't offer tours inside which I understand, I just wanna see certain buildings on the outside just for a few minutes.
From what I understand of the exhibit at the Regan Library, there is a "bypass" access that is in effect sometimes; otherwise, you have to pass through some other stuff before you can get to it as the Disney Exhibit is near the back.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Aug Thu 30, 2012 10:09 am

Only 4 weeks left!! I need some more last minute advice/tips on everything Disneyland/DCA Related!

How has it been for WoC fastpasses? And where do you recommend is the best viewing spot for a first timer? How early should I get there?

How about FPs for RSR? I'm going in September so hopefully slow seasons means less people waiting in line to get a FP? They are still doing Early EMH for Resort guests so I wont be there for that as I'm staying at the Hyatt. Should I run to get a FP for RSR first then WoC?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Thu 30, 2012 1:52 pm

WoC fastpasses will give you a random location for you to stand whether it's blue, red or yellow. Yellow would be the best area to get since it's more in the middle/center and you can see everything better.

If you want a fastpass for RSR you need to go to the park RIGHT when it opens because the fastpasses disappear real quick. You get the fastpass for RSR right by the entrance to It's Tough to be a Bug in A Bug's Land. Your best bet would to get to the park real early to make it through the gates once DCA opens then go get a fastpass for WoC. WoC won't sell out as fast as RSR. I wouldn't entirely rely on the slow season because while people may be at work or kids are at school, the lines still generate almost two hours. If you have an account on Touringplans.com you should check out the crowd level there.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Aug Thu 30, 2012 7:05 pm

I don't have an account on touringplans.com but I did research and they said Sepetember is a fairly slow time of the year for Disneyland besides weekends of course which I know Saturday will be crazy if DLR is open till Midnight but Saturday is our last night and I plan to see Fantasmic/Remember Dreams Come True hopefully depending on weather. And WoC/DCA is planning to be thursday

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Mon 03, 2012 3:11 pm

I agree with Ms. Swann. Though we haven't been to the park since it opened, I imagine RSR will be a hot commodity for quite a while...
Personally, I have yet to experience WoC from the yellow section...I've only seen it from the red and blue sections (and from way in the back)...and I did not like red at all. My favorite spot in blue is all the way down front, as far center as possible. Toward the end of the show, they take down the ropes and you can squish into the yellow section a bit.
Also, the "wet zone" can be fickle. A CM told us it really depends on the wind during the show...some shows there is hardly a mist and others there are puddles on the ground. I've experienced both, and I don't care...the details you can see from the front made that show so much better to me. Just MHO...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 03, 2012 3:47 pm

The WOC passes are not, at least supposedly, random. Depending on what time you go dictates which color section they are filling.