Cousininmiami Christmas trip!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Cousininmiami Christmas trip!

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 11, 2011 10:16 am

The Wilderness Lodge looks incredible! One of these days I really must make myself go visit some more of the resorts.
It looks like it was really crowded when you saw the Osborne Lights. Were you there early in the evening? We found it thinned out quite a bit as it got later in the evening.
Beachy Santa? :lol: Didn't know he was there. That's awesome! What a great job for someone after they retired. Hanging loose, hang 10 Santa :lol:
Enjoy your shopping (like I have to tell you that!) and have a safe trip home!! :D

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Sun 11, 2011 10:46 am

I am loving this "on the fly" trip report...WITH PICTURES!!!! Great job, Cousin :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Sun 11, 2011 2:04 pm

When do we get your trip report on the Subsonic meet-up from this weekend?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Mon 12, 2011 12:40 am

I always love seeing pictures of Osbourne lights. Great job on the report and it really seemed like a nice little mini trip.

I couldn't help but notice the top score in the vehicle was under 100,000? I would have easily beaten everyone in that car :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Mon 12, 2011 10:24 am

Hey all, am back in Miami at work... ewwww that is a 4 letter word! :x
Anyways, as soon as I get caught up a bit here I will download the rest of my pictures and complete my trip report! :D It was an awesome 4 days!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Mon 12, 2011 10:36 am

Len90 wrote:I couldn't help but notice the top score in the vehicle was under 100,000? I would have easily beaten everyone in that car :D
That's what we like about you, Len90 - your humble modesty... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 12, 2011 11:39 am

cousininmiami wrote:Hey all, am back in Miami at work... ewwww that is a 4 letter word! :x
Anyways, as soon as I get caught up a bit here I will download the rest of my pictures and complete my trip report! :D It was an awesome 4 days!
Already back at work :( That's the bummer with a short trip. But at least you got your batteries rejuvinated a tiny bit! Looking forward to the rest of your photos :D
mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:I couldn't help but notice the top score in the vehicle was under 100,000? I would have easily beaten everyone in that car :D
That's what we like about you, Len90 - your humble modesty... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
:lol: But it's not being modest if it's true right?! ;)

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Mon 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Ok, so I last ended with Friday, now we are up to Saturday! We began the day at Magic Kingdom, yay my favorite place in the whole world! It was warm in the morning but I brought a sweatshirt anyways, my husband and son said nah too warm... well they paid for that later! They wore shorts and t-shirts and by evening it was downright cold!
So pretty on Main Street!
The latest construction on the new Fantasyland!
We always stop at the shooting gallery!
How about a little Disney creativity in leaves!
My boys waiting for me to find the Subsonic meet-up!
Finally found some of the Sub-ers!
I had an early dinner reservation so I wasn't able to do much but take a picture and introduce myself around. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of my pals, and especially meeting Adam! Our main focus of the day at Magic Kingdom was to ride the New Old Tiki Room which was wonderful to see it back to its original glory, and to see the Electric Light Parade, Magic Memories and You, Holiday Wishes and the castle lit with icicles!
Adorable Snowman popcorn bucket!
The Electric Light Parade!
Candy Cane Castle - Magic Memories and You!
Gingerbread Castle!
Holiday Wishes!
Main Street beautiful but crowded!
Fantastic trip! So on Sunday, we woke up packed up and promised to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens, which was fun before taking off to have lunch at the Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread House before driving home!
A fun little diversion, and not very expensive because we are annual pass holders, $20 total for the three of us.
Now off to the Grand Floridian!
Unbelievable is the only way to describe the Gingerbread House!
Yes this tree and entire lobby is gorgeous!
Summing up our trip... wonderful. Thanks for going along on the ride with me!
Merry Christmas everyone!
YourCousinInMiami :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 12, 2011 1:53 pm

I never noticed the decorated lamps on Main Street made hidden Mickeys!!
Great photo of the meet-up. I can sort of guess who is who. I know NaCler and his 2 boys are on the left. Then the beautiful cousininmiami, are the next three Adam (subsonic), acp and MadEye?
You got some great photos of the castle and MSEP!
One of these times I'm going to have to take the time to visit the mini-golf places. Those courses look awesome!
Wow ~ the Grand Floridian is beautiful! I have a piano family that stays there every time they go. I can see why :D
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It was pretty neat to see what you were doing as you were doing it!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Mon 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks Amy... glad you liked the pictures!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 12, 2011 2:19 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Thanks Amy... glad you liked the pictures!
I love seeing pictures - especially good ones ;)
Forgot to mention in my earlier post, I've never seen the Mickey made out of leaves - just water. I might have to try that next fall ;) Wonder if it wil look as cute with oak leaves?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Mon 12, 2011 2:35 pm

...and with one good gust of wind the mickey made of leaves would be no more...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Mon 12, 2011 3:34 pm

mindflipper wrote:...and with one good gust of wind the mickey made of leaves would be no more...
It was windy but the CM made it work. Even with oblivious guests walking through it.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Tue 13, 2011 9:34 am

Awesome pictures. Definitely jealous of the meet up shot you have. It's always great to catch a fellow subsonicer around the parks. However, you got to meet the man in charge!

I really need to get there in the future for the holidays as everything looks so amazing decorated.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Tue 13, 2011 10:32 am

The Osbourne Lights was the one thing that surprised us the most. It was our favorite part of the trip! We were there 9 years ago for Christmastime, but the lights were nothing compared to what they are now. I suppose the fact that they are all LED makes them so sharp with such amazing contrasts of color, as well as the technology involved with music synchronization makes it unbelievable!

It's hard not to include the Candlelight Processional, and the beautiful Castle in a favorite thing to see and do, however I think the resorts is something that really stood out for us. The beauty of the Wilderness Lodge resort lobby and the amazing elegance of the Grand Floridian lobby and Gingerbread House is not to be missed!