Cousininmiami Christmas trip!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Cousininmiami Christmas trip!

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Thu 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi all! So far we are having a great time. I am right now sitting in the American theatre waiting for the Candlelight Processional! It's not as cold as it was earlier in the day thank goodness. The show will.start in a couple minutes so bye for now!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Cousininmiami Christmas trip!

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 08, 2011 8:04 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Hi all! So far we are having a great time. I am right now sitting in the American theatre waiting for the Candlelight Processional! It's not as cold as it was earlier in the day thank goodness. The show will.start in a couple minutes so bye for now!
Yay ~ glad you made it safely and are getting ready to watch the awesome show. It is so beautiful :D Who is/was your celebrity narrator? Take a picture :goofy_bounce:

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Thu 08, 2011 8:24 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Hi all! So far we are having a great time. I am right now sitting in the American theatre waiting for the Candlelight Processional! It's not as cold as it was earlier in the day thank goodness. The show will.start in a couple minutes so bye for now!
Yayyyyyyy!
Pics pics pics!
:D

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Thu 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Back in the room from a full day! We got into EPCOT by about 2:30pm and went over to try Soarin'... too long to wait for that ride so we rode Listen to the Land. I really like that ride. We hopped over to ride on Finding Nemo then got to The Coral Reef restaurant by 3:30 for an early dinner. Meal was not great but the table was right next to the window and the giant aquarium was awesome!
We headed over to the countries and had some fun before going tot he Candlelight Processional at 6:45. It was worth the wait, and the expensive dinner package, we loved it. Isabella Rosalini was an excellent speaker and a wonderful host for the program. This show is hard to describe, it was amazing music, angelic voices, and very moving.

We headed back over to the Boardwalk to go to the ESPN restaurant to see the Steeler game, but there were 50 people in line outside just trying to get in! So we headed over to the Atlantic Dance company where ESPN U was set up with all the news personalities doing a College football Home Depot awards. My boys stood next to the red carpet and saw a bunch of people they knew in the sports world.
We are now back at the hotel to settle in and get ready for a big day in the world tomorrow. I'm of course on the computer typing to my Sub friends and my husband and son are yelling at the tv watching football!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 09, 2011 7:39 am

Love the fact that you are doing your trip report ~ with pics!! ~ as you are on your trip. You are a trip report goddess ;)
The first picture is cute. Looks like Nellie is sort of sneaking into your picture :lol:
That gingerbread cookie looks awesome! Was it tasty?
Too bad your food wasn't very good at Coral Reef. I've heard mixed reviews on the food, but the atmosphere always gets great scores...
The candlelight processional is a beautiful show. It really puts you in the mood for Christmas :D
That's fun that your husband and son got to see some sports celebs. I wouldn't know who any of them are :? I'm guessing the pictures you posted are famous?? :lol:
Enjoy your next couple days :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Fri 09, 2011 8:29 am

Sweet another live action trip report. Very cool that you are able to get the report and pictures rolling on the same night. That is something I always planned on doing but it just doesn't work out too well. I'm never on my computer and when I'm in the room it's usually to rest up from exhaustion. Awesome pictures and I can't wait to see more!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Fri 09, 2011 9:29 am

Slept in until 9:00... what the heck is that? :shock: In my younger Disney Days I would have been up at 6am and gone! 8-) So today's schedule is to find some food quickly for my men then to Hollywood Studios for the day and stay to see the Osbourne Lights! Yay! Then back across the street to EPCOT for dinner at Les Chefs de France and Illuminations! Another Yay! We will be staying late at EPCOT because it is an Extra Magic Hours tonight and open until 12:30am. We'll see how long we last! Bye.... off to the parks! :D
:goofy_bounce:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Fri 09, 2011 9:58 am

Cousininmiami: do you ever get any sleep!?! I do love the fact we're getting simultaneous trip reporting - it's gotta be a first around here!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 09, 2011 1:45 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Slept in until 9:00... what the heck is that? :shock: In my younger Disney Days I would have been up at 6am and gone! 8-) So today's schedule is to find some food quickly for my men then to Hollywood Studios for the day and stay to see the Osbourne Lights! Yay! Then back across the street to EPCOT for dinner at Les Chefs de France and Illuminations! Another Yay! We will be staying late at EPCOT because it is an Extra Magic Hours tonight and open until 12:30am. We'll see how long we last! Bye.... off to the parks! :D
:goofy_bounce:
Since you didn't wake up until 9, you should make it to 00:30 no problem :roll: ;)

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Sat 10, 2011 9:32 am

Good morning all! Well, got in last night at 1am... a very long Disney day! :shock:

First off we went to the Wilderness Lodge for a fantastic breakfast at the Roaring Forks! A nice place to go when you have a bottomless pit Son with you, he ate a lot! And the bonus was some beautiful pictures of the most gorgeous Christmas tree and decorations ever! It's beautiful there! :D

Then off to Hollywood Studios around 11am, we waited at Toy Story for about an hour and I got beat by both of my boys. While they were waiting in line I ran off to get Rockin' Roller Coaster Fast Passes (yes I walked about 20 miles yesterday by the way) :shock: . Then off to see The Muppets 3D, and crisscross over to Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror! We ended out rides at Star Tours, now there is a lot more shopping, eating and picture taking along the way but that was the main part of the day.

Then we got at the end of New York Street to wait around for the Osbourne lights. Hard to describe, words alone cannot, it was breathtaking! (insert a lot of pictures here later... tee- hee!!!!!!!)

OK, I must finish later, gotta get ready for Magic Kingdom! Bye! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 10, 2011 10:03 am

I'm interested to hear and see about Roaring Forks!
You're right about the Osborne Lights ~ they really are hard to describe to those who have never seen them. Even photos don't do them justice!
Enjoy your last day :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Sat 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Awesome reporting and fab pics so far!!!! Pardon my asking, but is Roaring Forks a buffet? I am not very familiar with some of the dining locations and am looking for some dining possibilites for January.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip! :D

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Sat 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Well I'm sitting in The Plaza restaurant in Magic Kingdom having an early dinner! I just met with a bunch of people at the Subsonic meetup and met The famous Sub himself, Adam. I think we are meeting up later during fireworks and maybe some late rides, the park us open until 1am!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 10, 2011 8:06 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Well I'm sitting in The Plaza restaurant in Magic Kingdom having an early dinner! I just met with a bunch of people at the Subsonic meetup and met The famous Sub himself, Adam. I think we are meeting up later during fireworks and maybe some late rides, the park us open until 1am!!
Awww, that is so nice you all got to meet up! Try to get a group picture :D

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Sun 11, 2011 9:12 am

Ok, So I will go back to Friday and include pictures now!
Breakfast at the Whispering Canyon Restaurant. I believe I said Roaring Forks... sorry must have been tired when writing! My men got the skillet unlimited breakfast, and they ate a lot! I had a waffle :D
And walked around the Wilderness Lodge, it was beautiful!
Then to Hollywood Studios and the fabulous Osbourne Lights that night!
After the Osbourne Lights and DHS, we went over to EPCOT to eat around the countries and watch Illuminations. On the way to EPCOT, we visited Beachy Santa in between the Swan and Dolphin and ate hot chestnuts!
Ok so, for now I must get to packing up the room and checking out. We are going to play mini golf at The Boardwalk, go over to the Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread house, then over to Downtown Disney to shop a little before heading back south on the turnpike home to Miami! I will post more later... :D