Tiki's January 2015 Trip w/guest! *Last Page*

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Tiki's March 2013 Trip (Page 13 i think)! *Holy Guacamol

Post by Thumper1 » Nov Wed 28, 2012 9:59 am

[quote="TikiTikiRoom"]And since I've been in a piratical mood as of late, here's a drawing I whipped up (from a couple months ago)

Can you guess which MK ride is my favorite?[/qu
Wow!! You are quite an artist TikiTiki Room!!! Love it!!! I love Pirates too,it's a family favorite,we ride it first thing after we get to wdw!!

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Wed 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Hahaha, thanks for the kind words Brerrabbit1! PoTC is probably in my top 5.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Feb Sun 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Just realizing that I'll be in WDW for Saint Patrick's Day! Better bring my green apparel!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Sun 10, 2013 7:52 pm

maybe disney will do something special for limited time magic!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 14, 2013 10:44 am

The time is NIGH! well...almost. Saturday morning I'll be departing from Manchester airport with a direct flight to Orlando! Stoked!

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Fri 15, 2013 12:55 pm

my board won't fit in my suitcase :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 15, 2013 5:22 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:my board won't fit in my suitcase :(

Looks like you need either a smaller board, or a bigger suitcase! Will they let you take your skateboard as a carry-on?

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Fri 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Yes they would, however I won't be bringing it as I'd be stopped by WDW security in an instant....plus I'm not sure folks would appreciate me skating down the corridors of the cruise ship. "OUTTA THE WAY, ICE CREAM IS IN MY FUTURE!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 16, 2013 8:48 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Yes they would, however I won't be bringing it as I'd be stopped by WDW security in an instant....plus I'm not sure folks would appreciate me skating down the corridors of the cruise ship. "OUTTA THE WAY, ICE CREAM IS IN MY FUTURE!"
Darn ~ I was thinking you would be able to cruise around the cruise ship :lol:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sat 16, 2013 9:27 pm

So I arrived at the World today around 1:45pm. Beautiful day! Left a blustery 20 degree Massachusetts for a cloudless 79 degree Orlando. Yes! We got 4 day park passes (which saved us about $600 because of military discounts), so we're saving parks for tomorrow. We ended up wandering around our resort, The Beach Club, as well as the Boardwalk and got reservations for dinner at The Captains Grill. Delicious! I actually ended up getting two appetizers. Seared scallops (little baby ones) in arugala and cauliflower and an AMAZINGLY delicious plate of fried rock shrimp with some really awesome dipping sauces. We had lunch maybe 2.5 hours earlier so I was stuffed. Great food! Tomorrow we hit Epcot!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 17, 2013 6:39 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:So I arrived at the World today around 1:45pm. Beautiful day! Left a blustery 20 degree Massachusetts for a cloudless 79 degree Orlando. Yes! We got 4 day park passes (which saved us about $600 because of military discounts), so we're saving parks for tomorrow. We ended up wandering around our resort, The Beach Club, as well as the Boardwalk and got reservations for dinner at The Captains Grill. Delicious! I actually ended up getting two appetizers. Seared scallops (little baby ones) in arugala and cauliflower and an AMAZINGLY delicious plate of fried rock shrimp with some really awesome dipping sauces. We had lunch maybe 2.5 hours earlier so I was stuffed. Great food! Tomorrow we hit Epcot!
Glad you arrived safely Tiki ~ and to much better weather than you left behind! Dinner sounds like it was nice. Hope you took a few photos while you were wandering around :D Have fun in EPCOT today! I'll think of the nice, warm, sunny weather you are enjoying as I am wandering blustery, downtown Chicago :roll: :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sun 17, 2013 9:27 am

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:So I arrived at the World today around 1:45pm. Beautiful day! Left a blustery 20 degree Massachusetts for a cloudless 79 degree Orlando. Yes! We got 4 day park passes (which saved us about $600 because of military discounts), so we're saving parks for tomorrow. We ended up wandering around our resort, The Beach Club, as well as the Boardwalk and got reservations for dinner at The Captains Grill. Delicious! I actually ended up getting two appetizers. Seared scallops (little baby ones) in arugala and cauliflower and an AMAZINGLY delicious plate of fried rock shrimp with some really awesome dipping sauces. We had lunch maybe 2.5 hours earlier so I was stuffed. Great food! Tomorrow we hit Epcot!
Glad you arrived safely Tiki ~ and to much better weather than you left behind! Dinner sounds like it was nice. Hope you took a few photos while you were wandering around :D Have fun in EPCOT today! I'll think of the nice, warm, sunny weather you are enjoying as I am wandering blustery, downtown Chicago :roll: :lol:
Oh, downtown Chicago in virtually any weather is almost as good as Disney. I totally love Chicago!

Tiki your choices for dinner sound really good.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Mon 25, 2013 3:29 pm

And alas I arrived back home today to 41 degrees...ick. Anyways, I apologize for the lack of updates on the trip but apparently I was having too much fun! (is that possible?) I'll start off by saying that the Beach Club is a wonderful place to stay. 2 Disney park within walking distance and great food (and drinks) EVERYWHERE! It's safe to say I ventured over to Epcot every single day I was in WDW, and having the opportunity to snag an after-dinner drink in the World Showcase made it that much cooler! Seriously, sipping on a Tecate while sitting on the edge of the fountain in the Mexico pavilion is one heck of a way to chill out after a long day of walking. I believe I mentioned somewhere that my family had originally made reservations for La Hacienda the first night, well that was a no-go since we only got the 4-day park pass (which in the end was a sweet deal), so we skipped over the parks the first night, ate at our resort and wandered about the Boardwalk. First night = great prequel. The second night we went straight into Epcot....I mean...it's only mandatory considering we were right next to it. The new facelift of Test Track was very refreshing and made for a really cool experience, especially the fact that you can design your own vehicle. In the end that whole thing didn't make much sense to me since every one rode in the same vehicle and are in-turn forced to ride the same ride...sort of confusing. But none the less very fun as usual. The second day......what did we do the second day......well I went to Epcot again. I guess I'm having trouble recounting the actual individual days because it all just meshed into one awesome vacation. One thing I would change though is to swap the WDW portion with the DCL portion. Going on the cruise the last 3 days of vaca just sort of "weened" me off of vacation mode, I think. Don't get me wrong, the cruise was most excellent and every crew member aboard was a pleasure to talk to, but in terms of fun (and the freedom to move around), nothing beats WDW for me. So I would do the cruise first to get myself pumped up for WDW. That's what I got for now, I guess. I'm super tired considering it's 4:30pm here and I've been up for....oh...12 hours now, since our flight was supposed to leave at 6:30am. We got delayed and yadda yadda snow yadda blah blah blah. I'm gonna go take a nap now or something. fghsabdsvACregrhnt

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 25, 2013 8:22 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:And alas I arrived back home today to 41 degrees...ick. Anyways, I apologize for the lack of updates on the trip but apparently I was having too much fun! (is that possible?) I'll start off by saying that the Beach Club is a wonderful place to stay. 2 Disney park within walking distance and great food (and drinks) EVERYWHERE! It's safe to say I ventured over to Epcot every single day I was in WDW, and having the opportunity to snag an after-dinner drink in the World Showcase made it that much cooler! Seriously, sipping on a Tecate while sitting on the edge of the fountain in the Mexico pavilion is one heck of a way to chill out after a long day of walking. I believe I mentioned somewhere that my family had originally made reservations for La Hacienda the first night, well that was a no-go since we only got the 4-day park pass (which in the end was a sweet deal), so we skipped over the parks the first night, ate at our resort and wandered about the Boardwalk. First night = great prequel. The second night we went straight into Epcot....I mean...it's only mandatory considering we were right next to it. The new facelift of Test Track was very refreshing and made for a really cool experience, especially the fact that you can design your own vehicle. In the end that whole thing didn't make much sense to me since every one rode in the same vehicle and are in-turn forced to ride the same ride...sort of confusing. But none the less very fun as usual. The second day......what did we do the second day......well I went to Epcot again. I guess I'm having trouble recounting the actual individual days because it all just meshed into one awesome vacation. One thing I would change though is to swap the WDW portion with the DCL portion. Going on the cruise the last 3 days of vaca just sort of "weened" me off of vacation mode, I think. Don't get me wrong, the cruise was most excellent and every crew member aboard was a pleasure to talk to, but in terms of fun (and the freedom to move around), nothing beats WDW for me. So I would do the cruise first to get myself pumped up for WDW. That's what I got for now, I guess. I'm super tired considering it's 4:30pm here and I've been up for....oh...12 hours now, since our flight was supposed to leave at 6:30am. We got delayed and yadda yadda snow yadda blah blah blah. I'm gonna go take a nap now or something. fghsabdsvACregrhnt
Sounds like you had a nice time! I'll be curious to hear more about the DCL portion of your trip as we haven't tried that yet :D
Coming back to freezing temps and snow always stinks doesn't it?? The fact that your vacation is over is bad enough, but scraping ice off your windshield is the final kick back to reality :roll:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sun 09, 2014 11:58 am

Is it 2014 already? Whoa-whoa-whoa! Just in time, too! I'm heading to the Happiest Place On Earth on Tuesday and will be there until the following Tuesday! Hooray! I'll be hanging out at Old Key West part of the time and then swapping over to Boardwalk for the other half, also one of the days will be spent outside of the parks with a family member and her daughter at Seaworld.

I didn't forget about you guys, I swear!