Tiki's January 2015 Trip w/guest! *Last Page*

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Tiki's March 2012 Trip! Pics on Pg. 11

Post by NaCler » Mar Fri 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Awesome pics Tiki... Keep them coming!

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sat 10, 2012 7:39 am

Alright well you asked for them.

Managed to get a quick shot of New Fantasyland! It's looking great! I managed to stand on one of the walls, and since I'm 6'3, I was able to see a fair amount.

I also got some of these cards....well.....I personally didn't, I guess my dad or sister did, but I wanted to document them as I found them to be really interesting. I guess all the transportation all over the parks gives them out if you ask.

And I also found my new favorite room in the Japan pavilion. I couldn't leave home without one.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 7:45 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:And I also found my new favorite room in the Japan pavilion. I couldn't leave home without one.
What are these? Decorative kitties or are they functional?

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sat 10, 2012 7:48 am

That little black bar on the front actually soaks up sunlight and makes the figure bob back and forth, moving it's paw up and down. I've seen these things before, but these were actually less expensive then the ones I saw at home! (surprising, aint it?) Amazingly, alot of the stuff I got this trip was decently priced.

EDIT: I'm uploading a video to Youtube, so you can see how it works

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 7:50 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:That little black bar on the front actually soaks up sunlight and makes the figure bob back and forth, moving it's paw up and down. I've seen these things before, but these were actually less expensive then the ones I saw at home! (surprising, aint it?) Amazingly, alot of the stuff I got this trip was decently priced.
That's interesting. If WDW has reasonably priced things compared to your home town :shock: Yikes!
More photos please :mrgreen: Do you have some more food photos and observations on what you liked and what you thought was maybe over-hyped?

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sat 10, 2012 8:07 am

Hmmmmm....well, like the reviews have stated, the Coral Reef restaurant at The Seas pavilion is ok. Just ok. I honestly enjoyed the side dishes more than the actual fish. Which is weird because my dad had the exact same fish 2 nights before, but at Sanaa instead of the Coral Reef. It was much better at Sanaa. If you ever get the chance to eat there, do it. Boma was good, but you come out feeling too full. Le Cellier was excellent! The beer I had to go along with my meal was also excellent. The waitress told me the name of it but I've long since forgotten :(

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sat 10, 2012 8:10 am

Also, I'd like to point out something interesting some bartenders told me. The Reef Amber and Safari Amber (at Epcot and AK) are both Anheuser-Busch products. They also believe both beers to be the exact same, just different names. They're pretty good though. Also grabbed a brew in Japan (Twice) and stopped in at the Rose and Crown and grabbed a Boddingtons on tap. Delish.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 8:35 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Also, I'd like to point out something interesting some bartenders told me. The Reef Amber and Safari Amber (at Epcot and AK) are both Anheuser-Busch products. They also believe both beers to be the exact same, just different names. They're pretty good though. Also grabbed a brew in Japan (Twice) and stopped in at the Rose and Crown and grabbed a Boddingtons on tap. Delish.
That wouldn't surprise me if it was the same beer with a different name. I haven't had a Boddingtons in years, but I remember it as being tasty. Did you have a Sapporo in Japan?

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sat 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:Also, I'd like to point out something interesting some bartenders told me. The Reef Amber and Safari Amber (at Epcot and AK) are both Anheuser-Busch products. They also believe both beers to be the exact same, just different names. They're pretty good though. Also grabbed a brew in Japan (Twice) and stopped in at the Rose and Crown and grabbed a Boddingtons on tap. Delish.
That wouldn't surprise me if it was the same beer with a different name. I haven't had a Boddingtons in years, but I remember it as being tasty. Did you have a Sapporo in Japan?
Yes indeed

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Thu 15, 2012 8:18 pm

We realy enjoyed the pics..... :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Yup, yup, but we want more pictures don't we Goofyfan?! :D
I saw a few of those solar thingies (like what you bought at the Japan pavilion) at the Hallmark store today. If they had been Disney, I might have been tempted...especially since they were 50% off, but they weren't Disney themed, so I didn't get one. But at least I knew what they were!

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Mon 19, 2012 9:24 am

Glad you guys liked the pics! Sorry for the delayed response....

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Aug Sat 04, 2012 9:57 am

Wow what an awesome trip! This thread helps me to remember it fondly! Can't wait to go back again! (when? I do not know.)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Tue 07, 2012 10:18 am

Great pictures!!! Thanks for all the awesome shots and memories!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Aug Tue 07, 2012 5:43 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Great pictures!!! Thanks for all the awesome shots and memories!
I'm just glad others here could enjoy them!

*EDIT: Wow, I can't believe I forgot to mention this. During our stay at the AKL, we constantly had a zebra (or two, or three) outside our room. So i took it upon myself to name one of them. His (i'm assuming it's a he) name is Chaucer, named after the author of Canterbury Tales. So if any of you fine folks stay at Kidani Village, be sure to say Hi to Chaucer for me.

**Edit 2: If my recollection is correct, I believe that zebra was also getting ready to mate and flirting with a lot of the females there....so I guess my name choice was right, considering Canterbury Tales was totally raunchy for being a medieval-era book.