Tiki's January 2015 Trip w/guest! *Last Page*

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Tiki's January 2015 Trip w/guest! *Last Page*

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Sun 13, 2011 10:21 am

And hopefully the best WDW trip yet! The last time my fam and I went down it literally rained every single day we were there. EVERY....DAY. I tried to not let it ruin our trip and I still went out and rode Haunted Mansion and all the good stuff, but still....I like a little sun every once in awhile. Anyways, that was like 2 or 3 years ago. I guess what I'm asking you folks is what's changed in those 3ish years? Any new stuff that I should be aware of? I wouldn't think alot has changed, but there's always that slim possibility. We'll be staying at either Beach Club or Animal Kingdom. My first choice was BC as we've never stayed there, the pool looked killer as all get out and it was near Epcot. Animal Kingdom looked pretty slick, but it's wicked far from every park....well except AK. HOWEVER, turns out we ended up on the waiting list for both resorts. Granted, either way we're still going, but it'll be interesting to see where we end up. And with Epcot being my favorite park, I really hope BC comes through. I'll also have my new shirts printed, so I'll probably be reppin my line around the park(s), so if you're around WDW in January/February keep an eye out for a tall kid wearing an 8-bit skull shirt. I apologize if this post seems like a jumbled mess of text. I'm excited as all get out....err.....well as excited as a 24 year old kid can get (which I suppose is very excited).

So yeah. If this post fried your brain, I'm sorry.
Last edited by TikiTikiRoom on Jan Mon 12, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Upcoming adventure!

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Wow ~ you do sound a bit excited ;) :lol:
Will you be there during the meet-up in January?

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Sun 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Amy wrote:Wow ~ you do sound a bit excited ;) :lol:
As an 8-ball would say: "Outcome Hazy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 13, 2011 9:29 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:
Amy wrote:Wow ~ you do sound a bit excited ;) :lol:
As an 8-ball would say: "Outcome Hazy"
Yeah, unfortunately mine says the same thing :(

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Wow... I love the passion Tiki! What dates are you shooting for? If I'm around, I'll definitely look for you. As for what has changed in the last 3 years... The Electrical parade is back. The Original Tki Room is back. Music was added to Space Mountain. Captain EO is back. Journey to Imagination still sucks. You can now be made to look like a pirate at the MK. The new interactive quest at the MK called Sorceror's something something should be open by early 2012. Beast's castle has been added to the MK, although you can't get close to it, yet. Mickey's Birthday/Starland/Toon Town is gone. Star Tours is new and improved. Haunted Mansion has some cool new effects and a new queue area.

That's about it for now, but I'm sure I'll think of something later.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 14, 2011 7:01 am

NaCler wrote:Wow... I love the passion Tiki! What dates are you shooting for? If I'm around, I'll definitely look for you. As for what has changed in the last 3 years... The Electrical parade is back. The Original Tki Room is back. Music was added to Space Mountain. Captain EO is back. Journey to Imagination still sucks. You can now be made to look like a pirate at the MK. The new interactive quest at the MK called Sorceror's something something should be open by early 2012. Beast's castle has been added to the MK, although you can't get close to it, yet. Mickey's Birthday/Starland/Toon Town is gone. Star Tours is new and improved. Haunted Mansion has some cool new effects and a new queue area.

That's about it for now, but I'm sure I'll think of something later.
Very well said, but this line is my absolute favorite...
Journey to Imagination still sucks
:lol:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Mon 14, 2011 2:08 pm

I actually knew about the refurbs to Star Tours and Haunted Mansion. I actually watched a live webcast of the opening of Star Tours 2. My goal this trip is to actually meet "Push", and to not skip Maelstrom. For now, that's really about it. And isn't Captain EO that Michael Jackson thing?......I may skip that as MJ kind of freaks me out, not to mention he's dead now so I would only be imagining his ghost coming to haunt me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 14, 2011 2:24 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:I actually knew about the refurbs to Star Tours and Haunted Mansion. I actually watched a live webcast of the opening of Star Tours 2. My goal this trip is to actually meet "Push", and to not skip Maelstrom. For now, that's really about it. And isn't Captain EO that Michael Jackson thing?......I may skip that as MJ kind of freaks me out, not to mention he's dead now so I would only be imagining his ghost coming to haunt me.
Yup, Captain EO was portrayed by Michael Jackson. You might want to see it once just for giggles and grins. Hopefully it will be replaced by something better by the time you get back again ;) plus as I remember it, the preshow has some good music - I like the song true colors - always reminds me of Disney :D

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Mon 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Amy wrote:
Very well said, but this line is my absolute favorite...
Journey to Imagination still sucks
:lol:
Holy cow...yes that is a funny line...I LOL @ that one...
all of what NaCler is true..plus I am sure we will think of some other things as well.

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Mon 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, what are the MUST-DO's at the World Showcase besides Maelstrom? I'd love to hit up the Mexico pavilion again, as well as Japan. Norway, Mexico and Japan are my 3 faves by far......however, I feel like I always leave World Showcase without seeing everything I need to. Is the Germany pavilion cool? What about Great Britain?....China? I've honestly never been in any of those...oh geez.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 14, 2011 9:15 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, what are the MUST-DO's at the World Showcase besides Maelstrom? I'd love to hit up the Mexico pavilion again, as well as Japan. Norway, Mexico and Japan are my 3 faves by far......however, I feel like I always leave World Showcase without seeing everything I need to. Is the Germany pavilion cool? What about Great Britain?....China? I've honestly never been in any of those...oh geez.
I think you can spend a lot of time in the World Showcase exploring the various countries. I admit to being less than experienced when it comes to exploring. I am always wanting to move on and go on the attractions. World Showcase always seems so crowded that I don't like to spend a lot of time just wandering. I know there are a lot of good performers at most of the countries that put on shows. China has a 360 degree movie. I know F1gment is looking forward to exploring the countries a little more in depth this trip around while I take a tour. I'll let you know what we find and if there is something we feel that you really must see when you are there...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Mon 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks guys... I'm just glad that someone read my whole diatribe! ;)

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Wed 16, 2011 6:13 pm

UPDATE! Just talked to my mom about the final arrangements and the whole shebang. Since we were on the waiting list (and would have been until December 4th) we decided to skip the wait and book a room at Old Key West. Totally ok with that cuz that's essentially our DVC home away from home. Been there tons of times and enjoy the stay each time. Just woulda been nice to try some place new. Oh well, maybe next time. ANYHOO, we're going from January 10th to the 16th. Having my sister in graduate school means trying to arrange time around her schedule. Oh well. No biggie. Just glad I'm not in college anymore. More ME time. hah. *sigh*.....stupid adulthood....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 8:25 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:UPDATE! Just talked to my mom about the final arrangements and the whole shebang. Since we were on the waiting list (and would have been until December 4th) we decided to skip the wait and book a room at Old Key West. Totally ok with that cuz that's essentially our DVC home away from home. Been there tons of times and enjoy the stay each time. Just woulda been nice to try some place new. Oh well, maybe next time. ANYHOO, we're going from January 10th to the 16th. Having my sister in graduate school means trying to arrange time around her schedule. Oh well. No biggie. Just glad I'm not in college anymore. More ME time. hah. *sigh*.....stupid adulthood....
If your avatar didn't say that you lived in MA I would have thought my nephew could have typed this! Plus my brother and his wife aren't big Disney fans :roll: :(
Sounds like you'll have a nice long time to check out all the changes in the past 2 years!

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Wed 16, 2011 9:01 pm

yeah, I'm definitely stoked