Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition!

Post by NaCler » Nov Fri 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Awesome pictures and report Cub. I really wanted to make it for the Halloween party this year but couldn't work it out.
MadEye will agree with you about Lady Tremaine and the Step sisters being the best characters to interact with. They sound like a lot of fun. Your pic with the Evil Queen is pretty cool also. Keep them coming!

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Nov Fri 11, 2011 5:24 pm

NaCler wrote:Awesome pictures and report Cub. I really wanted to make it for the Halloween party this year but couldn't work it out.
MadEye will agree with you about Lady Tremaine and the Step sisters being the best characters to interact with. They sound like a lot of fun. Your pic with the Evil Queen is pretty cool also. Keep them coming!
Thank you! I'm off work tomorrow so I will be able to hopefully finish up my report! :mrgreen:
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Sat 12, 2011 10:22 am

Day 4:
We got up that morning (after sleeping in a little) and went to Downtown Disney. We stopped at the sandwich shop for some breakfast and then did a little shopping. They added a lot of new Leggo creations to the area around the store. Like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Buzz and Woody, and some others. They were amazing!!
After shopping around for a bit, we took our stuff back to the room and then hopped on a bus to the Hollywood Studios. We went and rode Tower of Terror (again) and went around to the Muppet area. We watched Muppet Vision 3D (Dawson loved that) and then made it around to catch the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade. While we were waiting for the parade to start, my brother and I got our faces painted. I got a cat over my eye and he got the Captain Hook pattern. Then it was time for the parade! It was too adorable! I loved seeing some of the newer characters like Dug, Carl, Russel, Remi, Emile, and the Incredibles. Along with the older characters, of course!
Afterwards, we went to the Starring Rolls Cafe. After seeing so many awesome pictures of cupcakes from there, I had to stop there before the trip was over. I ended up getting a Red Velvet Cheesecake cupcake. Mmm. Talk about good! (and SO fattening but SO worth it.) When we were done eating, we went to see the Beauty and the Beast show. Then we went for another round on Tower of Terror. :lol: (totally NOT my favorite ride :wink:) We basically spent this time at the HS watching shows and such. We had fastpasses for Star Tours, but for some reason it got closed for difficulties and we ended up just giving them away to someone for when the ride opened up again.

When we were done, we boarded a bus for the MK. My goal that night was to see the Mainstreet Electrical Parade. Since it didn't start for a few hours, we went to some attractions. We got fast passes for Peter Pan's Flight, rode it's a small world, rode Snow White's Scary Adventures, and also got to see Tiana and Naveen! They were great and interacted so nicely with everyone! While we were waiting in line for them, we had a great view of Wishes. It's one of my favorite fireworks show and it just gives me the chills every time!
After our pictures with them, we went back around to Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan's Flight and catch the Mickey's Philhar Magic showing. The show was great! It's one of my favorite 3D shows.
When we got out, we made it back to Main Street for the parade. Halfway back, Dawson realized he left his bag at Philhar Magic. Him and mom ran back while I found us spots for the parade.
Unfortunately, someone picked up his bag on their way out (we figured out that it had to be someone in the same theater with us; probably in our row.) That bag had Dawson's autograph book (with almost 50 autographs), his pressed penny book, and his wallet (that contained about $13). He was so upset over his autographs. He worked so hard for those and we stood in line after line. I tried to make him feel better, but I felt so sorry for him. :( We made our way towards the entrance and watched the parade, and then went to City Hall to see if someone had turned in his bag. Of course, it wasn't there. They gave us the number for the lost and found and told us to call tomorrow.
We never got his bag back. :( We bought him another penny book and he ended up having more pennies than he did when he lost them, but he could never get all of those autographs back. Especially since some of them were villains from the Halloween party.
Needless to say, that night was very disappointing. It's very sad that someone would take a little kid's bag and not return it. His book even had his name written in it.
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Sounds like another great day...except for Dawson's lost bag :(. That is a shame you were never able to get it back.

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Sat 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Amy wrote:Sounds like another great day...except for Dawson's lost bag :(. That is a shame you were never able to get it back.
Yeah, he was still bummed about it the next day. Mom and I were very angry at whoever took it. :|
-Walt Disney♥

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Mon 14, 2011 9:35 am

I would still check back every now and then to see if anyone returned it. Stranger things have happened. I am surprised Disney didn't do anything for him. I know they mailed my wife and I an autographed Mickey and MInnie pic when we had stuff lost/stolen.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Mon 14, 2011 11:20 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:I would still check back every now and then to see if anyone returned it. Stranger things have happened. I am surprised Disney didn't do anything for him. I know they mailed my wife and I an autographed Mickey and MInnie pic when we had stuff lost/stolen.

That was sweet. I wish they would have done something like that for Dawson. He was devastated. :(
-Walt Disney♥

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Tue 15, 2011 9:58 am

Working on those pictures, guys! Photobucket is being extremely slow. :(

Day 5:
This day was a serious park hopping day. We hit every single park - I really don't think I've ever done that before.
We hit up Epcot first for some shopping and going through everything in the World Showcase. We didn't really take the time to look through it the first time we went there, so we decided to do it then. We rode the Maelstrom ride in Norway and the Three Caballeros ride in Mexico.
After we were finished with that, we hopped on a bus to the Animal Kingdom. We did the Kilimanjaro Safari, saw The Festival of The Lion King (♥♥♥♥♥♥♥) and saw Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Expeditions parade. I was kind of disappointed with this one. I remember it having more characters and now they have a ton of life sized puppets. Which they were awesome for sure, but I think there was too many of them.
After leaving there, we went to the Magic Kingdom to ride a few more rides. I really can't remember what we did... :(
By the time night fell, we were at the Hollywood Studios. My little brother's friend and his parents and little brother had just gotten there the day before and wanted to meet up with us. Not to sound terrible, but I really can't stand that kid. :lol: He's got a little smart attitude and I probably would have said something rude, so I went off on my own while they went to hang out with them for a while. I went on a solo ride of Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller coaster. :) While I was doing that, they went and rode Star Tours and just wondered around for a bit. His friend was scared of basically any ride and wouldn't ride anything else besides The Great Movie Ride. Oh well. His loss. :roll:

After I reunited with mom and Dawson, he wanted to take another spin on Tower of Terror. (We rode that 7 times while we were there). I could have ridden it about 10 more times. :lol: Once we got off, we made our way to the bus stop to go back to our resort. We had a lot of packing to do. :(
-Walt Disney♥

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Tue 15, 2011 10:29 am

this is only strengthening my excitement for my trip in Jan/Feb. Oh sweet mercy.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Tue 15, 2011 10:57 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:this is only strengthening my excitement for my trip in Jan/Feb. Oh sweet mercy.
How exciting! How long are you staying?
-Walt Disney♥

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Tue 15, 2011 10:59 am

FINALLY!
All (I think) of my pictures that you haven't seen on Flickr are in an album on Photobucket!
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/t ... y%20World/
This album is accessible with a password because I don't want creepers looking at my pictures. :lol:
The password to view the pictures is hakunamatata
Last edited by Cub on Nov Tue 15, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Cub wrote:FINALLY!
All (I think) of my pictures that you haven't seen on Flickr are in an album on Photobucket!
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/t ... y%20World/
This album is accessible with a password because I don't want creepers looking at my pictures. :lol:
The password to view the pictures is hakunamatata
Yay for pictures ~ something to look at this evening when I should be packing instead ~ ah...gotta love procrastination...until the last minute....
I'm sure I've hopped all the parks in one day before, but not for a long time. I might try it this time depending on what else we're doing. I like to do as much at one park as I can while they are open so hopping for hopping sake doesn't do much for me. I suppose it works if you are only hitting the highlights in the parks before moving on. We shall see...

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 16, 2011 9:38 am

I know you're jumping up and down by now, Amy. :lol: Have a WONDERFUL trip! I'm jealous and wishing I could stow away in your suitcase!

And now it's time to finish my trip report.
Day 6:
So after we had our bags packed and had gotten the Magical Express/airport stuff straightened out, we hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom. We had the morning to spend but had to be back by at least 12-ish. So my brother and I took another spin on Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain.
While we were there, we got some last minute character pictures with Chip and Dale in their Tomorrowland suits, Donald Duck in his Frontierland outfit, and Ariel and Prince Eric.
We sadly said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom after that. We waited for about 45 minutes for a dang bus to come back to get us. We ended up having to get on another one of the All-Star buses and the driver said he would just drop us off.
Once back at the resort, we picked up our luggage and actually got to ride on one of the Disney Cruise Line buses to the airport. I guess they aren't picky about how they use them. :lol: The driver called it the Magical Express and everything even though it wasn't the 'official' bus.
The way through the airport and security was smooth and uneventful. We got some Starbucks before we went through and then we were on our way. We had found out that we had been separated on the plane. They actually put my little brother in the row in front of mom and I in the middle seat. I swapped seats with him and hoped the person sitting in their row would switch with me.
This guy was a jerk. Mom told him that I was her daughter and that we had been separated and he didn't want to switch with me because I was sitting in the middle seat. So, I had to ride back between two strangers. He really made us mad. :evil:

So, that's everything! I know I probably left out a ton of stuff, but I will leave the pictures to tell that! I've ordered two pictures from our Photopass (freaking $30 for TWO pictures) that we didn't have, my favorite characters that we met of course, Rapunzel and Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters. So, I sucked it up and ordered them anyway. Our pass was expiring next Wednesday and I couldn't wait until I got paid again because I don't get paid until Friday. :( I guess I will be broke until then. :lol: Those pictures will be worth it though.

I hope you guys enjoyed my report! I'm sure it was kind of crazy, seeing as it was my first one! I hope to have another trip to report next summer! Thanks for being so patient with me and thanks for reading! :mickey:
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 11:12 am

Awww, so sad to come to the end of your trip report. It was so fun to read about your adventures, and how much your little brother enjoyed everything! I think I will have to save the photos until I get back. I really should be packing, and am actually on my way upstairs to do just that, but I had to stop at the computer quick on the way :lol:

Cub

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 16, 2011 11:49 am

Amy wrote:Awww, so sad to come to the end of your trip report. It was so fun to read about your adventures, and how much your little brother enjoyed everything! I think I will have to save the photos until I get back. I really should be packing, and am actually on my way upstairs to do just that, but I had to stop at the computer quick on the way :lol:
:lol: Have fun! Packing always makes me so excited, even if it's not really fun in general. I always have fun doing it anyway.
-Walt Disney♥