Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition!

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Amy wrote:Okey-doke :D Once you get that all straightened out, perhaps you can help me find my missing iphone contacts?! ;)
Lol, I don't know if I could provide much help there! :lol:
Try looking at the pictures now!
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Cub wrote:
Amy wrote:Okey-doke :D Once you get that all straightened out, perhaps you can help me find my missing iphone contacts?! ;)
Yay ~ the photos are there now! Cool :D I'll have to look at them tomorrow, my bed is calling me...I've tried all the fixes I can find online for my phone so I guess I will have to fit in a trip to the Apple store this weekend :evil: Just thought I'd throw it out there in case you had an iphone :lol:
EDIT: Ok, I had to look at some of the pictures tonight. You and your brother are so cute! I really liked the pictures from the stage show with all the princesses and princes and Mickey and Minnie. We rarely take time to stop for stage shows because it is so crowded.
Love your Halloween Sally costume ~ awesome job! Great photo of you guys with the Dwarves! Very nice pictures to start with :D I'll have to save the rest for tomorrow now...

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Amy wrote:
Cub wrote:
Yay ~ the photos are there now! Cool :D I'll have to look at them tomorrow, my bed is calling me...I've tried all the fixes I can find online for my phone so I guess I will have to fit in a trip to the Apple store this weekend :evil: Just thought I'd throw it out there in case you had an iphone :lol:
EDIT: Ok, I had to look at some of the pictures tonight. You and your brother are so cute! I really liked the pictures from the stage show with all the princesses and princes and Mickey and Minnie. We rarely take time to stop for stage shows because it is so crowded.
Love your Halloween Sally costume ~ awesome job! Great photo of you guys with the Dwarves! Very nice pictures to start with :D I'll have to save the rest for tomorrow now...
Aw, thank you! I have a ton more, but Flickr has some monthly limit that I'm already over. Lol.
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 10, 2011 7:20 am

Cub wrote:Aw, thank you! I have a ton more, but Flickr has some monthly limit that I'm already over. Lol.
There's a limit?! That stinks...oh well, it gives you time to write your trip report and add pictures as you are allowed :D

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Thu 10, 2011 7:37 am

Amy wrote:
Cub wrote:Aw, thank you! I have a ton more, but Flickr has some monthly limit that I'm already over. Lol.
There's a limit?! That stinks...oh well, it gives you time to write your trip report and add pictures as you are allowed :D
Yeah. :cry: I can only upload 300 MB a month or something like that. Even if I delete pictures, it won't let me upload any more until next month. :lol: I will work on day 3 later today!
-Walt Disney♥

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Thu 10, 2011 8:41 am

Day 3:
We began the third day early at the AK. We made it there for rope drop and ran straight to Expedition Everest. Mom didn't want to ride it this time, for some strange reason. My brother and I walked right onto it the first time, turned around and got back on it again, and then got fast passes for later in the day. :lol: The second time we rode it, we asked one of the employees if we could have the front seats. He put us to the side and when a new train came, he directed us to the front. Best. ride. ever. It was SO much more fun in the front. This again, was Dawson's first time(s) riding EE. He absolutely loved it! (Just like big sis told him he would!) I honestly think it was one of his favorite rides!
After getting off, we ran over to Dinosaur! This isn't particularly one of my favorite rides, but it is fun to an extent. :lol: I think it's just the loudness that gets me. But, we rode it and got a good laugh out of the picture at the end.
We began chasing characters again and the first ones we found were Lilo and Stitch outside of the Island Merchantile store. Stitch is one of my absolute favorite characters to meet. He's always so fun! He took a look at my lanyard (which I had just bought the day before and didn't have many pins) and he pointed to himself and then to the necklace then to the store. He was hinting to me that I needed a Stitch pin! He then proceeded to take my arm and lead me to the door. :lol:
They were great!
--More coming on day 3 sometime today!
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 10, 2011 8:46 am

You are a good big sister to take your brother on the attractions. That is great that he was enjoying all the rides too :D

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Thu 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Aw, thank you Amy! :mrgreen:

Day 3: Cont'd
After our exciting morning at the AK, we headed back to the room for a little rest before our exciting night! It was the night of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We were all soooo excited for this. We had talked to a few other guests over the last few days who had been to it and they all loved it. It made us even more excited about going!
I transformed into Sally with my dress, arm warmers, and stitches and Dawson went as a Storm Trooper.
Our first task when we got to the MK was hop aboard the train and get off at the first stop - Frontierland - where we then got in line to meet the Seven Dwarfs. '
I'm not gonna lie, we waited in line for 45 minutes to see these guys. Although, we were entertained by the other guests in their costumes, watching those in front of us pose for pictures, and the little corn snake that was perched in between the logs of the fence behind us. (Yes, he was real! I guess he came out for the occasion. Some were freaked out, others, like me, were fascinated with him.)
Back to the dwarfs. We were luckily the last ones they let see them before going to "check on Snow White". Hehe.
They were all so adorable! Dawson went through giving them all high fives and I took my place between Happy and Dopey for our picture.
Once we were done with them, we went and trick-or-treated a little. We got loads of candy omg. I ate so much chocolate that night. Disney sure knows what we like!
Between trick-or-treating spots, we stopped to see the villains that were standing about and taking pictures.
My favorite villain(s) were Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters. When we went up to them, Anastasia remarked about how she liked my gloves.
Anastasia: "I really like your gloves!"
"Hey Drizella! I'm cont..contem...thinking about getting gloves!"
Drizella: "Contemplating on how you can't say contemplating?"
Anastasia: "Constipation?"
Lady Tremaine: "Definitely not the same thing."
I was rolling at them! For sure some of my favorite characters. Sadly, our picture with them is on our photo pass and we still need to order it.

Other characters we got to see Gaston, The Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Cruella, and The Queen of Hearts! We also watched HalloWishes (which was awesome) and Mickey's Boo to You Parade. It was absolutely one of my favorite parades ever! I loved all of the characters in their Halloween costumes. I was especially happy when I saw two of the hyenas from The Lion King walking behind one of the floats. I never knew they came out and I have never seen them before. I literally squealed like a little kid upon seeing them.
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh my goodness ~ 45 minutes to see the Dwarves?! It's an awesome picture, but I don't know that I would have been that patient!
Sounds like you got to see a lot of more "rare" characters during the party. That's cool. The picture you have of the headless horseman is really good :D

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Thu 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Just checked out your pics and they are AWSOME!!!! Have you tried using photobucket? It's free and as far as I know no limit. It is awesome how you are with your brother. I am the oldest of 3, and have never had the older sibling to have fun with. Just curious what is the age difference between the two of you?
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 10, 2011 9:10 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Just checked out your pics and they are AWSOME!!!! Have you tried using photobucket? It's free and as far as I know no limit. It is awesome how you are with your brother. I am the oldest of 3, and have never had the older sibling to have fun with. Just curious what is the age difference between the two of you?
I think they look like they are having a blast together too. I am the youngest of three and have a picture of my oldest brother shoving me at Captain Hook ~ so much for brotherly love :roll: :lol:
I was going to suggest photobucket too but didn't know if she wanted to bother with another account...

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Thu 10, 2011 9:58 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Just checked out your pics and they are AWSOME!!!! Have you tried using photobucket? It's free and as far as I know no limit. It is awesome how you are with your brother. I am the oldest of 3, and have never had the older sibling to have fun with. Just curious what is the age difference between the two of you?
There's a 10 year age difference. (I'm 20!) Hehehe.

And you know..I totally forgot about photobucket. :oops: I will just throw the other ones on there tomorrow and then link you guys! (Sorry, my brain is all over the place here lately! Darn school!)
-Walt Disney♥

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Fri 11, 2011 9:40 am

awesome!!! I am 30..well at least until the 23rd!, and my sister is 27 and brother 25. I was always playing the "over protecting" big brother role, and whenever our parents took us(which was very often living in FL) I was always the one who had to ride by myself, lol. Have you ever thought about the college program? You seem like the type of person that would love it!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Fri 11, 2011 3:01 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:awesome!!! I am 30..well at least until the 23rd!, and my sister is 27 and brother 25. I was always playing the "over protecting" big brother role, and whenever our parents took us(which was very often living in FL) I was always the one who had to ride by myself, lol. Have you ever thought about the college program? You seem like the type of person that would love it!
I have, actually! I've talked to Disney via e-mail about the program and possibly working there after college. I'm already close to graduating anyway. Although, I've met a few people here recently who have some connections with Disney and may be able to help me out when I do get ready to (hopefully) move and try to get a job there!
-Walt Disney♥

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Fri 11, 2011 3:20 pm

sounds like a plan! good luck with it all!