Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Cub wrote:
Amy wrote:Awww, so sad to come to the end of your trip report. It was so fun to read about your adventures, and how much your little brother enjoyed everything! I think I will have to save the photos until I get back. I really should be packing, and am actually on my way upstairs to do just that, but I had to stop at the computer quick on the way :lol:
:lol: Have fun! Packing always makes me so excited, even if it's not really fun in general. I always have fun doing it anyway.
Yeah, nothing fun about packing. Although I do like the feeling of accomplishment when it is done. And...my suitcase has a little extra room without the expanding part unzipped, so there should be room for some souvenirs!
I really pushed to get my packing done so I don't have to do it after getting home tonight. My last lesson is over a little after 7 and then it's about a 25 minute drive home, so I really wanted as much done as possible so I can kick back and relax and watch Survivor tonight :D
I'm still charging all my batteries and have to get my computer and electronics all packed up, but that all goes in the check-on so I'm in pretty good shape.

I was going to ask you how the photopass worked. You have all your photos on a CD right? But you have to pay to get prints? Are you able to take the CD somewhere, like Sam's Club, and print out photos, or are they copyrighted? I'm curious because the one tour I am going on includes a photopass CD, and when I asked, the agent told me that I can indeed use that photopass for the whole trip, not just the tour!

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Amy wrote:
Cub wrote:
Amy wrote:Awww, so sad to come to the end of your trip report. It was so fun to read about your adventures, and how much your little brother enjoyed everything! I think I will have to save the photos until I get back. I really should be packing, and am actually on my way upstairs to do just that, but I had to stop at the computer quick on the way :lol:
:lol: Have fun! Packing always makes me so excited, even if it's not really fun in general. I always have fun doing it anyway.
Yeah, nothing fun about packing. Although I do like the feeling of accomplishment when it is done. And...my suitcase has a little extra room without the expanding part unzipped, so there should be room for some souvenirs!
I really pushed to get my packing done so I don't have to do it after getting home tonight. My last lesson is over a little after 7 and then it's about a 25 minute drive home, so I really wanted as much done as possible so I can kick back and relax and watch Survivor tonight :D
I'm still charging all my batteries and have to get my computer and electronics all packed up, but that all goes in the check-on so I'm in pretty good shape.

I was going to ask you how the photopass worked. You have all your photos on a CD right? But you have to pay to get prints? Are you able to take the CD somewhere, like Sam's Club, and print out photos, or are they copyrighted? I'm curious because the one tour I am going on includes a photopass CD, and when I asked, the agent told me that I can indeed use that photopass for the whole trip, not just the tour!
No, you use the code on the photopass card to view your pictures online at http://www.disneyphotopass.com. You can get a card at any of the character greets that have a photographer taking pictures, too. They will take your pictures and then scan your card which puts the pictures on there. If you want to order the CD, that costs $150 and it has all of your pictures and includes some extra pictures that Disney puts on them like group pictures of characters, fireworks photos, pictures of the castle, etc. You can also buy prints, but you only have the option to get like 2 4x6 prints for $14.95, one 5x7 print for $14.95 and some others. I just went ahead and got the 2 4x6 ones of TWO pictures and it came out to be about $35. :\ I would recommend taking your own photos unless you want to pay a crazy amount of money for a ton of pictures.
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition!

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Wed 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Cub wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:this is only strengthening my excitement for my trip in Jan/Feb. Oh sweet mercy.
How exciting! How long are you staying?
Close to a week I think. My parents are a little older now so they don't get the same kick from WDW that they did when my sister and I were kids.....not to say I'm not a kid, cuz I totally am, but you know what I mean. But I'm going to soak in as much of the World in as I can, cuz the last time I was there (about 2 years ago) it poured the entire trip.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 16, 2011 5:07 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:
Cub wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:this is only strengthening my excitement for my trip in Jan/Feb. Oh sweet mercy.
How exciting! How long are you staying?
Close to a week I think. My parents are a little older now so they don't get the same kick from WDW that they did when my sister and I were kids.....not to say I'm not a kid, cuz I totally am, but you know what I mean. But I'm going to soak in as much of the World in as I can, cuz the last time I was there (about 2 years ago) it poured the entire trip.
That stinks! I hope this trip has a little more sunshine than your last one! 8-)
-Walt Disney♥

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Wed 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Trust me, after last trip, nothing is going to spoil it for me. NOTHING I SAY!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 16, 2011 5:28 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Trust me, after last trip, nothing is going to spoil it for me. NOTHING I SAY!
Hope you plan on making a trip report when you return! :D
-Walt Disney♥

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Thu 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Cub, if you want I'll check on Dawson's bag at the MK this weekend. Maybe someone has turned it in since you left. Like yodiwan said, you never know. PM me the name on the bag and I'll ask. I'd be more than happy to mail it to you if it's there.

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Fri 18, 2011 8:38 am

NaCler wrote:Cub, if you want I'll check on Dawson's bag at the MK this weekend. Maybe someone has turned it in since you left. Like yodiwan said, you never know. PM me the name on the bag and I'll ask. I'd be more than happy to mail it to you if it's there.

Thank you! I will PM you now!
-Walt Disney♥

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Fri 18, 2011 10:13 am

Cub wrote:No, you use the code on the photopass card to view your pictures online at http://www.disneyphotopass.com. You can get a card at any of the character greets that have a photographer taking pictures, too. They will take your pictures and then scan your card which puts the pictures on there. If you want to order the CD, that costs $150 and it has all of your pictures and includes some extra pictures that Disney puts on them like group pictures of characters, fireworks photos, pictures of the castle, etc. You can also buy prints, but you only have the option to get like 2 4x6 prints for $14.95, one 5x7 print for $14.95 and some others. I just went ahead and got the 2 4x6 ones of TWO pictures and it came out to be about $35. :\ I would recommend taking your own photos unless you want to pay a crazy amount of money for a ton of pictures.
I ended up ordering pictures this way of our last trip -- I ordered and downloaded digital copies of 5 pictures we had taken, including our entire group of 10 with Mickey at Tony's. It was $15 per download (in 2010) but having a digital copy meant I could use it in printing a photobook with our other pictures, or print as many copies of it as I wanted, myself. The professional photos are indeed very expensive. I thought about working there as I LOVE photography but they only pay like $9.50 an hour to those guys!

Sounds like an amazing trip, too bad Dawson lost his stuff. It's really sad that someone didn't turn it in. When we were there in 2008 my youngest was 8 and left her purse at the stunt show in HS. We realized it and tried to backtrack but someone had already picked it up. FORTUNATELY that person was honest and dropped it off at the gate, and all of her money and stuff was left inside, untouched.

I can't imagine going to all four parks in one day! Good thing you're young. :-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Mon 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Just as an update to everyone, Dawson's bag still was not turned in as of yesterday. It's very sad that someone would have taken off with it knowing that it belonged to a kid! Sorry again Cub.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 22, 2011 4:28 am

NaCler wrote:Just as an update to everyone, Dawson's bag still was not turned in as of yesterday. It's very sad that someone would have taken off with it knowing that it belonged to a kid! Sorry again Cub.
That is sad...that was nice of you to check while you were there