Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition! (Finally finished!)

Post by Cub » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Hey guys! I just got back yesterday from my exciting and eventful trip from WDW! Man, am I worn out!
Please be patient with me, as this is my first trip report and we did so much while we were there, I may have to go back and edit this a thousand times!
Day 1:
Let's start from the very beginning, shall we?
We were flying out of the Atlanta airport which is about 2 hours away from home. Our flight was set to leave around 9 am Georgia time (we are an hour behind over here in Alabama.) So, we got up at about 4 am to get ready and be on the road by at least 5. My dad was taking my mom, brother and I to the airport in my mom's mustang.
Everything was going according to plan until my dad hit some unknown debris on the side of the interstate and of course the tire pressure light come on shortly after that. We were stopping at every truck stop we came to across the state line and ended up going to three before we could find a place that had a tire plug kit.
After that scare was over, it was smooth sailing to the airport!
The plane ride could have been a lot better... I, of course, started developing a cold the day before and was already stuffy when I boarded. By the time we got in the air and my ears started popping, I was miserable. :( I have never been so happy to get off a plane in my life.

Once we got our luggage and checked into the Magical Express line, it got a heck of a lot better! We boarded right on the bus and were on our way to All Star Sports! My little brother was so excited and bug-eyed with the larger than life sports icons at our resort. It was the perfect place for us to stay for his second trip to WDW! After getting our stuff settled in, we were on a bus to the Magic Kingdom.

We got to the MK at about 2 or 3, so the lines were long for the big attractions. Our first ride was the Haunted Mansion (my brother's favorite ride). After that, we made our way around to Pirates of the Caribbean. We wandered around the park for a little longer and decided to wait on the big attractions until we can get there when it was less crowded.
We went back out to the bus stop and hopped on a bus to the Hollywood Studios.
Of course, I head straight for Tower of Terror. This was my brother's first time riding it and I had been telling him for weeks about how much he would love it. Was I wrong? Absolutely not! He laughed through the entire ride and wanted to go again! Luckily, they still had fast passes for Rock N Roller Coaster and to my surprise, he rode that, too! He said he liked it, but I think it was a little too rough for him because he didn't seem too interested about getting on it again.
We ended up finding Woody and Buzz across from Toy Story Mania, signing autographs and taking pictures so we waited in line for them. Dawson was so excited to get autographs from the characters from one of his favorite movies! After we got out of that line, the park was just minutes from closing and the wait time for TSM was down to about 20 minutes. We thought it was closed, but the guy standing outside of the door let us go on through. We basically walked right onto that ride without a fastpass! (When does that ever happen on this ride?!) Dawson absolutely LOVED it. He wanted to go again every time we went to the HS, but the fastpasses were either gone or the wait time was 100+ minutes. Sadly, we didn't get to do that one again while we were there.

That's all for now since I really need to be studying. (boo school!)
I will add some more tomorrow and will hopefully have my laptop up and running again so I can show you guys our many pictures we took!
Last edited by Cub on Nov Wed 16, 2011 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Walt Disney World 2011: Cub Edition!

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Yay ~ great start to your first trip report. Boo ~ for the tire problem :(
Looking forward to the photos :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Awesome start Cub! It's good to see that all the bad stuff happened BEFORE you got to the Happiest Place on Earth and it could only get better... I hope. Keep it coming.

Cub

Post by Cub » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Amy wrote:Yay ~ great start to your first trip report. Boo ~ for the tire problem :(
Thanks Amy! I will work on getting those pics ASAP! I may have to order another laptop charger or battery. I'm on my grandparent's computer right now and don't want to upload a bunch of stuff to theirs. They are so picky. :?
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 26, 2011 8:09 am

Cub wrote:
Amy wrote:Yay ~ great start to your first trip report. Boo ~ for the tire problem :(
Thanks Amy! I will work on getting those pics ASAP! I may have to order another laptop charger or battery. I'm on my grandparent's computer right now and don't want to upload a bunch of stuff to theirs. They are so picky. :?
I understand the computer concern. I had to use a friend's computer once to burn a DVD and they were freaked out that my one minute video was going to take up too much room on their computer and maybe harm it in some way :roll: Hope you get your computer situation fixed soon ~ we'll be patient-ish. I'm thinking we all have good imaginations so we can make up the pictures in our mind while reading in the meantime :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Wed 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Cub wrote: I, of course, started developing a cold the day before and was already stuffy when I boarded. By the time we got in the air and my ears started popping, I was miserable. :(
Flying with head congestion must be on the top 10 of worst experiences. I hope the Florida Sunshine helped you feel better! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Cub

Post by Cub » Oct Thu 27, 2011 8:12 am

Added more to day 1, guys!
I hope I can remember everything we did. When I think back on this trip, it's already like a big jumble because we probably did just about everything we could do in a matter of 5 1/2 days!
-Walt Disney♥

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Sun 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Haha remembering what you did is really tough as all the days in Disney just blend together. It gets even worse as the vacation becomes more and more distant. I tend to use my pictures to refresh my memory ;)

Sounds like a fun filled and exciting first day. A little bit of drama always seems to work into the travel day. I find it is either the ride to the airport, flight delays, luggage delays, or rental/ME issues. One or more of those four will always act up
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 09, 2011 9:45 am

Day 2:
We started our second day at EPCOT. Our first stop was the character greeting spot where we took pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, and Goofy. We got there before the crowds did, so we only waited in line for a few minutes. After we got finished, the line was up to 40 minutes long! Talk about great timing! Once we finished that, we raced over to Soarin'. We didn't even need to get a fast pass. We probably waited for about 15 minutes. Of course, it was a fantastic experience and my little brother loved it! After getting out of there, we rushed over to Test Track and got fast passes. While we were waiting, we wandered around the park for a bit. Went through the showcase but didn't do much that time. We ended up meeting Rafiki and Baloo in the middle pavilion near Club Cool. We got pictures with them and then went to taste test some Coke. Unfortunately, they were out of my favorite one, which was the one from China. Bummer! By that time, it was time to go back and ride Test Track! This was my brother's first time riding this so he was a little nervous. But of course, he loved it, just like I told him he would! After that, we went back through the World Showcase, following the character greeting times on our EPCOT schedule. Dawson loved getting autographs from them. We ended up seeing Belle, Marie, Aurora, Alice, Pooh and Tigger, and Mulan all in one day!
Once we were done chasing characters, we decided to hop on a monorail and go to the Magic Kingdom. We got there just in time to catch the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade which was great! The best part of it was when the Queen of Hearts walked by and extended her hand out to Dawson. He took it and she pointed to the top of it (at which point I had to tell him to kiss it!) It was too adorable! We then went to hit up some attractions. We took a spin on the teacups (without mom. Such a weenie, getting motion sick! :lol:) and I think we ended up staying until around closing. I'm sure we dashed out of there before the crowds did, though. Those bus lines are awful at the end of the day! :shock:

Again, thanks for being patient with me. I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of details. I'm going by the pictures and trying to remember everything in order! How is it SO hard to remember everything?! :lol:
Oh! And I'm working on setting up a Flickr account for all of my pictures for y'all! I will have them posted sometime today! :mickey:
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Sounds like a character-filled day. How old is your brother? It seems like he might have a new girlfriend to visit. Too bad it is the Queen of Hearts :shock: :lol:
Oh yes, I'm looking forward to photos. But the trip report is good. I just have to use my imagination to fill in the photos :D

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Amy wrote:Sounds like a character-filled day. How old is your brother? It seems like he might have a new girlfriend to visit. Too bad it is the Queen of Hearts :shock: :lol:
Oh yes, I'm looking forward to photos. But the trip report is good. I just have to use my imagination to fill in the photos :D
He turns 11 this month, actually! :)
-Walt Disney♥

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Okay guys! I've added a lot of pictures (but definitely not all of them!) to my Flickr account.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamisawish/

Let me know if you can see them. I may have to go in and edit the privacy settings.
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Cub wrote:Okay guys! I've added a lot of pictures (but definitely not all of them!) to my Flickr account.

Let me know if you can see them. I may have to go in and edit the privacy settings.
Nope, can't see them :(

Cub

Post by Cub » Nov Wed 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Cub wrote:Okay guys! I've added a lot of pictures (but definitely not all of them!) to my Flickr account.

Working on that now!
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Cub wrote:
Amy wrote:
Working on that now!
Okey-doke :D Once you get that all straightened out, perhaps you can help me find my missing iphone contacts?! ;)