8 + 5 = 13 Days in Disney World

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 8 + 5 = 13 Days in Disney World

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 23, 2011 5:46 pm

So they will let you walk around World Showcase if you enter through the International Gateway? Or do they only let you go a little way? If you could wander, that would be an awesome way to get some nice photos of the pavilions!
That's cool that your oyster had two pearls for your Mom :D
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of the world all decorated for Halloween. I don't believe we have ever been there during that time of year...
Was Uncle Tim surprised to see you guys at dinner again?
Instead of being sad about leaving and looking back at the castle, think about how awesome it was that your last view of the castle was with fireworks!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Fri 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Amy wrote:So they will let you walk around World Showcase if you enter through the International Gateway? Or do they only let you go a little way? If you could wander, that would be an awesome way to get some nice photos of the pavilions!
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of the world all decorated for Halloween. I don't believe we have ever been there during that time of year...
Instead of being sad about leaving and looking back at the castle, think about how awesome it was that your last view of the castle was with fireworks!!
Yeah but that is the depressing aspect. Saying goodbye to the castle with fireworks...

They will only let you walk the short way through UK and Canada. There is a rope across the bridge to head towards France and a CM standing on the bridge. I have a picture of it to show :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:So they will let you walk around World Showcase if you enter through the International Gateway? Or do they only let you go a little way? If you could wander, that would be an awesome way to get some nice photos of the pavilions!
Yeah but that is the depressing aspect. Saying goodbye to the castle with fireworks...

They will only let you walk the short way through UK and Canada. There is a rope across the bridge to head towards France and a CM standing on the bridge. I have a picture of it to show :D
Ok, that makes sense. Pretty nice to get photos of the UK and Canada though ~ they're both quite picturesque!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Sat 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Work beginning on the pictures today/tonight as this piece brings the trip report to completion. To those who read it I thank you for your time as it was close to 18 pages typed up in a Word document.

9/1/11 (The Return to Jersey)
I always hate waking up on the final morning of the vacation. This year it was pretty bad because of the length of the vacation and the anxiousness of seeing what we were coming home to. We knew that we still didn’t have power and the roads around our area were all still closed with downed wires, poles, and trees.

We were at MCO to return our loaner at around 8:15AM and our flight was scheduled to board just before 10. We figured if we had time we could eat breakfast at the Fox Sports Grill again in the main terminal building. Everything went smoothly and we even checked out the shops before going through security at the airport. At Orlando we had to go through one of those new full body screeners. It was a unique experience and probably one that we will all consider ordinary when flying in the future. We made it to the gate with some time to spare and I decided to keep myself occupied by taking plane pictures with my digital body. I was able to photograph 3 planes before our flight boarded.

I once again had a tear in my eye as we departed MCO for New Jersey. It was an uneventful flight, which got us in early to New Jersey. However, my first class of college was at 12:00PM and we first landed at 1:15PM… My second class was at 2:15 and by the time we got our baggage I was not making that one either so I had an extra day of summer vacation! We returned home after a lot of detouring in our area due to the numerous road closures. I immediately grabbed a flashlight in my room and ran to check the basement for any signs of water. Somehow we lucked out with nothing! I returned to break the news to my family to hear the familiar noise when electricity is restored. How ironic could it be that within 5 minutes of returning home our power came back! It had been out since 11:15 PM on the 27th. We immediately black bagged everything in the refrigerator and freezer and proceeded to unpack.

A few days after returning we submitted the insurance claim. They ended up covering the extended length of stay and any meals we paid for over the extra days.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Your whole family had to go through the body scanners at the airport? Only F1gment had to go through that as she has hardware in her ankle from breaking it many moons ago. I just slid through the normal old-style metal detector. I think you are correct though, the full body scanner is the wave of the future.
That would have been something if you would have been able to settle down enough to concentrate on the first day of school after all the stress of the last few days of vacation.
That is so awesome that the insurance covered all of your expenses!! I know we took the insurance when we booked our trip since it cost so very little compared to the cost of the vacation!
I'm looking forward to those photos :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Sun 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Hey, Len90 - when do we get to see the photos?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Sun 01, 2012 1:07 pm

What a wonderful trip...despite the issues Irene caused...and how fabulous that the insurance covered your expenses! I'm sure that was quite a relief! Looking forward to seeing the pictures from this trip...I always look forward to your pictures Len, but this time your descriptions of some of the pics you took really have me chomping at the bit! :shock: ;)