Al and WDWThePlaceToBe's 4t Anniversary trip Report

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Al and WDWThePlaceToBe's 4t Anniversary trip Report

Post by Alacrity » Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Amy wrote:May I be nosy and ask if you were on the dining plan and used snack credits for your tasting around the world, or did you purchase things outright? I just think I would go into sticker shock after shelling out $4 here and $5 there for nibblies :shock:
No, we don't use the dining plans. We tend not to be that structured and we think we'd waste quite a lot. I'm also not sure...are these offered for DVC members? They were not initially I think, but they may be these days. We do use the Tables In Wonderland discount card though and that helps a bit. You're right, the stands can add up pretty quick with things being 3-3.50 on the low end and 7-7.50 on the high end. Each of us does use a Disney Credit card throughout the year and put nearly all we can on them (and pay them off monthly, otherwise it's not worthwhile). This way, we we gain points which we cash in for Disney gift cards that we use, mostly, to eat on when we get to WDW. This defrays the cost of food pretty well and we used our points for the stands as well as paying outright for a few things.
Amy wrote:That chocolate "Happy Anniversary" plate looks pretty. Do you suppose they would frown if you licked the yummy chocolate off?! :lol: Any photos of the crepe making?
Hmmmm...picking up the plate to lick off the chocolate my cause issues. I'd recommend "accidentally" getting it on your fingers and discreetly sampling...can't let it go to waste after all. And, unfortunately no crepe making pics. In fact, I don't recall ever taking pics while the crepes are being made! We're usually just watching the "fireworks". Guess I just have to go back again and keep the camera handy!

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Wed 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Day 7 - Saturday, October 8th -

It's always a sad day when you gotta go home. We're packed and ready to head up to the Hospitality House to check bags and get boarding passes (Magic Express is so nice). The rain that started last night hasn't stopped! Rain and wind is the recipe for the day it looks like. We don out rain gear and make the short hike to the HH. Bags checked, fees paid and boarding passes in hand we turn to the bus stop.

Our flight isn't until this evening and out Magic Express bus isn't until 3:30 so we're going to make one more trip the the Magic Kingdom. I don't think I've really ever been here in the rain. The usual Florida shower, yes, here for 15 minutes and gone. This is RAIN...like it means it! And wind! I guess some sort of storm has moved in and is here for the duration. We make our way to our favorites, Pirates and the Haunted Mansion.

Image :donald: Image

There a couple points where the wind and the rain get pretty intense as we go from place to place. It's with mixed feelings that we make out way back to Main Street and pass under the station. It will be nice to get out of the rain...but we gotta go. Not to worry...we'll be back.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Oh, the end of a trip is always so sad :( But it is nice when you can go take in a few more attractions before you have to leave. Magic Express is pretty awesome though!
I like your new rain jacket. That looks nice :D