Al and WDWThePlaceToBe's 4t Anniversary trip Report

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Al and WDWThePlaceToBe's 4t Anniversary trip Report

Post by Alacrity » Oct Fri 14, 2011 11:03 am

Haven't done too many trip reports but I'll give it a go...

Day 1 - Sunday, October 2nd -
<With click-able images! Click the thumbnails to go to the full album page and image!>

My wife (WDW) and I ran off for our 4th Anniversary trip Sunday, October 2nd through the 8th, Saturday. We also went for the Food and Wine Fest, which we hadn't attended since our wedding trip.[/fimg]

Our flight from Bloomington IL went as planned and we splurged when we checked in online and upgraded to business class seats! WDW is none too fond of airplanes to start with and her goal is to get off the durn things as fast as possible. So, row one in business class made her much more happy about the whole thing. It was a direct flight too...even better!

We landed in Orlando on schedule and off to the Magic Express area. No issues here either! No line, right on to the bus, a short wait and we're off! So far so good!

We arrived at the Old Key West Resort, on eof our favorite places to stay and easier on the points too (we're both DVC members). They were a little busy and after 15 minutes or so we at the counter, welcomed home and checked in. We had requested a studio near the Hospitality House and were assigned 2410 (I think), right near the first bus stop, across the bridge and a short walk from the HH. We kinda liked this placement since we were off the bus first when we returned to the resort and go on the bus at the HH in the morning (the last stop on the way out). We check out the room, break out the sunglasses, shorts (zip offs are great for this) and hats and we're off!

Image <- Al

It is our tradition, more or less, to head to the Magic Kingdom first thing on our trips. In this case, though, MK was to close at 7 for the Halloween Party. Our flight landed at 5ish so no sense in heading to the MK. This felt pretty odd to us as the MK really kicks us into Disney-gear. Just didn't seem right and we wouldn't get to the MK until Thursday. Instead we chose to go to Hollywood Studios which had Extra Magic Hours that night. We arrive and head for the gate but stop to admire the topiary on the way...

We arrive as Mulch, Sweat and Shears comes onto the street headed for the hub. We were happy to see them move up front! We've only seen them before on the Streets of America but it looks like they have replace the High School Musical show. We like watching them play, being children of the 80s, and watch for a bit before we go to scope out Toy Story Mania.

We didn't have too much hope of a "reasonable" wait for Toy Story and we were correct...an hour or so wait was on the board...we don't wait an hour or so, we've been to the World enough times and we'll be back later to get our TS fix! But Tower of Terror isn't too bad and Rock-n-Roller Coaster isn't so bad either, we do some ToT first. WDW (aka Mel) as you might gather from the airplane, isn't big on things that move unpredictably...she likes ToT by RnR can give her problems. It's rare that she'll ride it but today is a day she will! First, though, she needs a pretzel to help keep things...calm...and away we go. The single rider line is empty and we have no problem going single rider. I notice the parking signes in the queue (Park and Roll or something)...have these been there? I don't remember them...anyway... We end up in the same limo, just not the same car.

We then break for dinner and check for opening. This late in trying, of course everything is booked. We don't usually make ADRs or other plans for our first night as ya never know how the plane trip will go. So, we elect to grab turkey legs and a coke. I like the turkey legs and have dined on them a number of times in the past...but, call it maturity or something...they are not so fond of me anymore it seems. No major issues, just, not the best. After dinner some more ToT. It's dark now and we usually are not in this park at night. It's a pretty view from the top of the tower...while it lasts!

We wander around a bit more, I hit Star Tours then we both take some pictures at the Muppets and have some sit-down time to watch the show. We then wander back towards the front. Mulch, Sweat and Shears is playing again and we watch for a while. After that...it's been a fairly long day so we wander on out and back home for some rest!

Image -
Image - Image
Last edited by Alacrity on Oct Fri 14, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Al and WDWThePlaceToBe's 4t Anniversary trip Report

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 14, 2011 11:18 am

Sounds like a nice start to the vacation. Smart idea keepig DW happy on the plane!
Could you make the photos bigger? Hard to see them on my phone :(. Plus we like seeing all the details :D
Love putting face with names too...more...more...more! Pretty please :mrgreen:

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Fri 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Amy wrote:Sounds like a nice start to the vacation. Smart idea keepig DW happy on the plane!
Could you make the photos bigger? Hard to see them on my phone :(. Plus we like seeing all the details :D
Love putting face with names too...more...more...more! Pretty please :mrgreen:
The pictures are clickable (should probably note that somewhere) and will take you to the full size image in the album. The ones in the message are the thumbnails and hard to see the details. If clicking doesn't work out I'll have to do some work to resize them.

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Fri 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Day 2 - Monday, Oct 3 -

<With click-able images! Click the thumbnails to go to the full album page and image!>

Day two is an Epcot day! We did sleep in a bit and arrive at the park after opening and the initial rush. We beebop over to The Land, as is our habit, to get a Soarin' fast pass. As we pass the wait time sign on the way in I see that the fast passes are up to 1:00 already (it's about 9:30 or so). I casually mention that by the time we get down to get ours we'll have 1:30. Score one for me! Mel's says 1:27, mine, 1:30 on the nose! Small victories I guess. We snag a small bite at the food court then wander over for a boat ride through "Living With the Land". We note a couple hidden Mickeys on the way though...

Image & Image

As we were in the area we then headed over to the Seas for a ride with Nemo. We also poke around the exhibits a little bit and, of course, passed through the "Mine, Mine, Mine!" shop on the way out...

Image <- WDW and Friend - Image <- Not WDW! :)

By then it was time to get to the World Showcase for lunch! The Food and Wine fest is in town and we mean to do some noshin'! There is a cranberry bog on the way! Interesting to see how they harvest cranberries. A cast member wandered about answering questions and showing off the berries. Around the bog were cranberry bushes providing the greenery.

Image :mickey: Image :mickey: Image

We opted to take a Friendship boat across to Morocco. Mel had heard of a Pumpkin Funnel Cake at the American Adventure and we had to have one. We wandered that way stopping for our first course: the "Linda Bean's Lobster Claw Cuddler® with Drawn Butter" and a "Linda Bean's Perfect Maine Lobster Roll". Both were good...pricey and maybe a bit overdone but good none the less. We do live in the mid-west and getting "real" seafood is sometimes...iffy. Anyway, desert was something to seek out. Pumpkin Funnel Cake at the usual stand is very much worth getting! I grabbed a "Frozen Red Stag Lemonade by Jim Beam" while I was in the area and gave myself brain freeze. More than once. Tasty and pretty cold!

We started walking back toward Morocco and France to make our next stop at Singapore. There we had "Shrimp Cake on a Sugarcane Skewer with Singapore Noodles" and "Beef Rendang (a coconut braised beef) with Jasmine Rice". Each of these was just a little bit spicy. We go for this style of food and both of these were a couple of our favorites that we sampled. Not the favorites but third and fourth in the running.

We continued though Italy without stopping...we have dinner plans for Tutto Italia this evening and want to wait until then for out stop in Italy. We do make a stop in France for "Créme Brulée au Chocolate au Lait". Créme Brulée is one of our Disney things I guess. We make it a point to sample the various brulees when we find them. These were very creamy and mildly chocolaty. Very nice. One for each of us and a seat way back in the back in the shade for a little rest too. After a wave to Princess Aurora who came out as we sat, we headed on into the UK.

There we stop at the tea shop. One year they had a tea stand here for the festival but we haven't seen it since. We're kind of disappointed at that. The iced tea there were really good! We did find our favorite fest dish though, the "Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie" is delicious. Lobster bisque with scallops and shrimp topped with potatoes...it's good. The recipe is in the festival cook book that you can pick up. If you get the chance you should try this stuff. Yum.

By this time we're about lunched out and want to save room for dinner this evening so, we wander back to use our Soarin' Fast Passes. Back to The Land for the ride then some shopping with a stop at Ice Station Cool for a couple samples there too! We stop for some pics with the topiaries too.

Image :donald: Image

We continue our walk toward dinner with a stop in Norway for the Maelstom and a look though the shops there. In Japan we watch the acrobats for a bit and continue on. Mel had been chatting with a friend from another Disney board (Disboards) and we have plans to meet her and her son. She has had a busy day buying a new car but is available to meet. As we wander through the shops in Germany we get a text and we're off toward Italy to meet. We have hellos and hugs all around and a glass of wine from the shop and sit and chat at Italy. 38 Special is playing the Eat to the Beat Concert this evening and they start up as we are chatting. We have a nice visit until our dinner time, say our goodbyes and its to Tutto Italia we go.

Image :goofy: Image

As far as I can remember, I've never eaten at Tutto Italia. We can get some pretty good Italian back home so I've never been drawn to it. It's been a while for Mel too and so, the ADR here. It's a nice restaurant. Nice decor I think. I get a small carafe of wine (Chianti) and We start with a Caesar Salad which we split. Mel has the Cannelloni al Forno and I order the Costata Di Maiale Alla Valdostana, stuffed pork chops. Everything is pretty durn good! Desert is a sampler, small versions of three of deserts...which I don't recall...cannoli and tiramisu for sure...not sure what the last was. While we are working on this along comes our waiter and the whole group to sing us a happy anniversary...and bring us a little cheesecake too! He had seen out buttons I suppose. This was probably the 6th or 8th time they had been out singing happy birthday, anniversary, whatever...a busy party night I guess! All in a a nice date with my Honey Bunny!

After dinner we walk back to the front gate to catch out bus home. Where...we had each ordered each other flowers and anniversary stuff to enjoy for our week. The Disney Florist was busy in our room while we were out...

Image :mickey2: Image
Last edited by Alacrity on Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Fri 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Day 3 - Tuesday, Oct 4 -

Today we have dinner reservations with Mama Melrose so it's back to Hollywood Studios. No sleeping in this morning though. We're up, out the door and at the bus stop by 8:00 to make it for rope drop. We don't have a long wait and get to the turnstiles...second in line!

Image :pluto: Image

It's not long before the lines build but being up front we're able to make our way up the street to the rope in a comfortable position to make it to Toy Story Mania at the front of the pack!

Which, of course, is why we're here so durn early! Our habit is to be here early, get a fast pass of TSM the hop on and ride TSM first thing. The line typically builds to an hour or more and seems to stay that way all day. We don't wait an hour or more as a rule...we'll usually walk past a 30 minute line...there's stuff to be done...things to see...we're park commandos! Today all goes according to plan except...something new...now rope drop show. No director in the truck as we make our "grand entrance". Also new to us, there isn't a rope "drop" per se...instead a line of cast members keeps us all under control and nicely headed down the street all the way to the Pixar area and TSM. No mad rush and crush of people. The CMs also pointed out that the folks headed of the little side lanes to pass everyone would be met by CMs to pointed back to the pack. We liked this more relaxed approach and the cast members agreed, it's safer and keeps things under control.

Since this is our second time in the park, after getting out TSM fix, we took it a little easy. We hit the sites and Mel even did RnR again. We were happy to see the streetmosphere folks were still around. We had heard that perhaps some were no longer appearing and, maybe, there weren't as many as usual but we still took the time to take in a few skits here and there. We also did the India Jones Stunt Show, which we haven't done for a number of trips. We've be trying to re-visit things we haven't done for a while and this was one of them. We spent the day going easy until dinner with Mama!

Image (not a good pic but we're in the upper left corner, Mel is doing the Longhorn thing - Hook 'em!)
Image :minnie: Image

Dinner at Mama Melrose's was nice. Good food, Ok atmosphere and service. We had Caesar Salad again and Mel had Spaghetti con Vongole, spaghetti with clams. I had the Pork Osso Buco which I've had before...it's still good! I think we had the Chocolate Cheescake for desert and our waiter, seeing the Anniversary buttons, brought us two small glasses of campaign to enjoy. A nice dinner.

We headed on home after that. Walking slowly to the gate and getting home we did something else we usually don't do, we went to the pool at the resort! It was a little cool out but not bad once you were in. Grabbed a drink at the Gurgling Suitcase and a visit to the hot tub got us ready for bed!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Loving this trip report so far, and love the idea of winding up the day with drinks at the Gurgling Suitcase! Loved that place when we stayed there! Keep the report coming!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Yay for clickable larger photos! And the pumpkin funnel cake sounds delicious :D Alas I will have to read the rest of Day 2 and Day 3 tomorrow...I have to teach early in the morning and I will turn into a pumpkin myself if I don't get to bed soon :shock:
We also live in the Midwest and I'm not sure I've ever had fresh seafood :(
EDIT: Ok, up early so I could finish reading. Nice anniversary flowers and frame. What a nice way to spend your anniversary :mickey:
Sounds like you had some busy days and good food. So did you make it onto TSMM as well as get a fast pass for later?

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Oct Sat 15, 2011 10:05 am

Awesome pictures! :) Love the ToT one! (NOT cause that's my favorite ride or anything....)
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Sat 15, 2011 10:41 am

Amy wrote: Sounds like you had some busy days and good food. So did you make it onto TSMM as well as get a fast pass for later?
We did indeed! We hit the fast pass line first then jump into the regular line. At that time it may be a 15 to 30 minute wait...usually it's pretty quick in the morning. We then come back with our fast pass later. That gets us two rides guaranteed. If the wait happens to dip down into the 30 minute range and we're there we'll go again...just icing on the cake at that point!

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Mon 17, 2011 10:44 am

Day 4 - Wednesday, October 5th -

:arrow: <With click-able images! Click the thumbnails to go to the full album page and image!> :mrgreen:

It's nice to sleep in while you're on vacation! Even though it could impact our safari, to day is Animal Kingdom day, we laze around later than usual again. We get to the park after opening again, still a little bit of a line but not bad.

Our strategy in AK is usually to head for Expedition Everest for a fast pass and a ride if the wait isn't too long. Like we do at TSM but not as intense! We take a leisurely walk through Asia, stopping along the way to visit the Gibbons, get our FP and have our first encounter with the Yeti! We'll use our FP later.

Image :peter_pan: Image

We usually take it pretty easy at AK but this time Mel wanted to do the Jungle Trek to see the Tigers. On the way we encounter the bats and they want to pose for us up close to the windows today! We spend some time with those guys then wander on to the tigers. I know there's a hidden Mickey around here somewere...and manage to find it!

Image :donald: Image :donald: Image

After the trail we hit EE to use our pass and plan to walk over to Africa to get a safari FP before lunch. On the way we meet Devine! I have a number of pictures of her but Mel offers to go ahead and get our FPs while I take some more pics. Then it's back to the Yak & Yeti for lunch.

Image :mickey3: Image

Lunch done (Dim Sum Basket and Combo Lo Mein for me. I think Mel had the Shrimp Lo Mein) and we're off to hit Kali River Rapids. We've ridden Kali a number of times and we've gotten wet but I've never been so we as this time around. Mel says it was an impressive wall of water that dropped on myself and the three spanish-speaking guys on our side of the boat. I find there is a dry area on one side...I assure you that was the only one.

Dripping...we stroll on towards Africa and the safari t use our Fast Pass. It's later in the day and we're thinking the critters will be snoozing and we'll have an OK ride. To our surprise we're stopped two or three times to allow the animals to get out of the way! The rhinos were hiking around and made a good appearance for us. The certainly get the right-of-way!

Image :peter_pan: Image :peter_pan: Image

Now we're heading back to the front of the park. We make a stop for Dinosaur and a few shopping stops and head out. We plan to head to Downtown Disney and come up with a creative way to get there. I've never been to Port Orleans so we hope the Port Orleans bus for a tour through the resort. We got off the buss at the riverside stop (I think) and catch the boat from there to DTD. We make a stop by Ghirardelli for dinner! Then we examine the Lego scenes (the dragon and Snow White we hadn't seen before) and do some shopping in World of Disney. Heading home, we catch the boat for OKW and make another food stop at Olivia's. Crab Cakes and Conch fritters before bed!

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Tue 18, 2011 11:59 am

Day 5 - Thursday, October 6th -

:ariel: <With click-able images! Click the thumbnails to go to the full album page and image!> :mickey:

It's Thursday and we finally have the Magic Kingdom on the agenda! Along with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

It will be a late night so we sleep in a bit. We do have 10:30 reservations at Kona Cafe for breakfast though (a last minute addition...Mel had a hankerin' for Tonga Toast!) so we're headed off in plenty of time to do a few other things on the way. We take the bus to the MK then walk down for the resort boat for the Grand Floridian/Polynesian.

We hop off the boat at the Grand Flo for a walk past the Wedding Pavilion. It is our anniversary trip after all and we were married here just four short years ago (or durn close...10/10 is our actual date). Hand-in-hand we stroll along...past the wall for the construction they are doing...and to the WP which is in use! Ah well, can't look inside so a quick smooch by the gate are we continue on to the Poly!

Boy they get busy at Kona! Fortunately, though, we are at the end of the breakfast rush as it seems to be clearing out a little as we have breakfast. Can't say the the service is stellar today but we get seated quick enough and get our breakfast. Tonga Toast for WDW and "The Samoan" for me! Almost go for the press pot of coffee but that is an awful lot for just me (Mel doesn't drink coffee). Looks good but I just go with the standard blend.

Image <- some of the folks at Kona

After breakfast it's off to the monorail to the MK. On the way we meet some folks looking into DVC and answer some questions for them. Arriving at the MK we're though the bag check and the turnstiles and we're finally here! The fall decorations are up and the street performers are out and about and we stop and watch. A little shopping on the way up the street we hang a left to do our usuals...Pirates and the HM and we'll work on the rest! It's our first trip with the new queue at the Haunted Mansion...we have to check it out. The new Hitchhiking Ghosts are great too!

Image :mrgreen: Image

We spend the afternoon wandering and even make a stop on Tom Sawyers Island. Mostly to have a rest on the rockers at Aunt Polly's! It's pretty quiet over there and it's nice to sit and watch the people go by. After a bit we head out again, back to the "mainland" and a walk along the water where we encounter our first MK gator! he's not too large but lare enough I suppose! He's in the water at the smoking area of the walk. He's missing a leg and we promptly name him Lefty!

Dinner this evening is at Liberty Tree Tavern. Yummah! A bunch of folks are now in costume getting ready for the Halloween Party and we see a number of really good ones! More wandering and we don't line up in time to get a good spot for the first parade but we decide to stay for the second one. While waiting we make our longest wait in line yet...to see the seven, all seven, dwarves and get a picture. Gotta do it...we have one from a Christmas part and feel the need to have a set! As we finsh with the Dwarves the fire works start..drat. Ah well, we'll get a good spot for the second parade. We're just a person or two back in Frontierland this time. It's a good parade!

Image :shock: Image :shock: Image

And now...it's late...we wander back to Main Street...Oh OK...one more ride on Pirates...and off to OKW for some rest!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Wow ~ I've never seen an alligator at WDW, except for the ones that are meant to be seen...
Nice photo of the headless horseman! And I love the lighting on the train station in the last photo. I might need to reconsider visiting over Halloween sometime. The resort is just so darn pretty at Christmas-time it is hard to get myself to consider the other holidays...

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Wed 19, 2011 11:13 am

Day 6 - Friday, October 7th -

Bother...our last full day at the World. All good things I guess...

Back to Epcot today. We need to do the other half of World Showcase for the Food and Wine fest and lunch! Looking at the weather forecast...%40 chance of rain. I should admit that I have given my wife a hard time about ponchos. At one point we probably have had 6 or 8 Mickey ponchos in the house. Some we have given away to folks making a Disney trip but do we pack 'em ourselves? Mel would rather not but since I put them in my bag she grudgingly agreed to bring them along. Of course with JUST a %40 change of rain...well it's just too much trouble to carry them along!

At Epcot we loiter around a bit waiting for World Showcase to open before we head back. We'd like to get Test Track in but as we go that way we note it's not open right now...due to weather! Ok...a few sprinkles...no problem. We start back to WS past the old Odyssey and the sprinkles get stronger...and stronger...and now...rain. But just for a short time. It eases up and we grab our first nosh at the Argentina boot: Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée and a Beef Empanada. Yum. As we look for a place to enjoy...more sprinkles...and rain. We wait under a tree near the shop at the WS entrance and when done we break down and buy yet another poncho. I'm holding out for the rain jacket I was eye-balling in Norway since I've been shopping for a good light rain jacket. As we exit the shop...you guessed it...no rain! That's Florida for ya.

Onward to Mexico and the Rib-eye Tacos and the Shrimp Tacos. We enjoy this up by the temple and watch the folks go by as we eat. The Shrip tacos by the way, in our top three dishes that we sampled! Those are good! Probably our first or second favorites...second I guess...the "Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie" over in Ireland is wonderful stuff!

We make our stop in Norway and ride the Maelstrom and shop for my jacket. They have my size and now I'm set for the rain...that isn't there. Ah well. On to China and the Pork Pot Stickers. Good with a sauce different than usual but...just good.

We make a stop at the South Africa booth. I had heard the Seared Filet of Beef with smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce, especially the sweet potatoes are worth the stop. It's a popular dish and after a short wait I have my plate and join Mel and a couple other folks at a table. Tasty! the potatoes are pretty durn good! Next we make a stop at German for a Nuernberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll and a Radeberger Pilsner. Good beer. Ok sausage. Mel nibbles a bit as we're beginning to contemplate our dinner tonight at the Bistro.

Image <- Food and Wine Fest signs in the train set! I guess they get hungry too!

We spend the time before dinner hitting the shops and watching Miyuki, the Candy Lady do her thing! It's a bummer that she is not allowed to give away the candy anymore. It was a nice memento for the kids.

DInner time is approaching and we make our way toward France. We had dinner at the Bistro de Paris (upstairs of the Chefs de France) when we were married. Since that time we've had our date out each Friday on our Disney trips. Once year we had a whole group of friends along to have dinner with us! It's one of out things and we like it upstairs where it's a little more quiet, refined and romantic! We pass on appetizers (saving room for desert!) but enjoy the small complementary starter from the chef. It's small cup of a delicious cheese soup and is very good! The main course included the Lobster Risotto for Mel and the Sea Scallops for me. Both excellent. And desert...we put our waiter to work to make us the Crepes Duo. He makes them (well, the Crepe Suzette anyway) table side. The very well behaved kids at the table next door take note when the flambe starts!

Heading downstairs we see that the rain has started for real this time! We break out our newly purchased poncho and jacket. We do a little shopping for folks back home and head for the front. We're not keen on waiting for Illuminations in the rain and, besides, unknown to me, Mel has one more surprise for me.

Arriving back at OKW we find we have a package waiting at the front desk. My Honey Bunny has ordered a small bottle of campaign for us and a couple of Mickey flutes. A nice way to finish off the evening with my HB...even though we're also packing. Tomorrow is our last day.
Last edited by Alacrity on Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:09 pm

May I be nosy and ask if you were on the dining plan and used snack credits for your tasting around the world, or did you purchase things outright? I just think I would go into sticker shock after shelling out $4 here and $5 there for nibblies :shock:

That chocolate "Happy Anniversary" plate looks pretty. Do you suppose they would frown if you licked the yummy chocolate off?! :lol: Any photos of the crepe making?

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Amy wrote:May I be nosy and ask if you were on the dining plan and used snack credits for your tasting around the world, or did you purchase things outright? I just think I would go into sticker shock after shelling out $4 here and $5 there for nibblies :shock:
No, we don't use the dining plans. We tend not to be that structured and we think we'd waste quite a lot. We do use the Tables In Wonderland discount card though and that helps a bit. You're right, the stands can add up pretty quick with things being 3-3.50 on the low end and 7-7.50 on the high end. Each of us does use a Disney Credit card throughout the year and put nearly all we can on them (and pay them off monthly, otherwise it's not worthwhile). This way, we we gain points which we cash in for Disney gift cards that we use, mostly, to eat on when we get to WDW. This defrays the cost of food pretty well and we used our points for the stands as well as paying outright for a few things.
Amy wrote:That chocolate "Happy Anniversary" plate looks pretty. Do you suppose they would frown if you licked the yummy chocolate off?! :lol: Any photos of the crepe making?
Hnmmm...picking up the plate to lick off the chocolate my cause issues. I'd recommend "accidentally" getting it on your fingers and discreetly sampling...can't let it go to waste after all. And, unfortunately no crepe making pics. In fact, I don't recall ever taking pics while the crepes are being made! We're usually just watching the "fireworks". Guess I just have to go back again and keep the camera handy!