Amy and F1gment take on Thanksgiving 2011

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Amy and F1gment take on Thanksgiving 2011

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Bravo Amy!!! I'm loving this TR and pics!!! I really love the last shot you posted, the carousel at night with no one around!!! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 01, 2013 1:34 pm

November 29, 2011 ~ Day 13 ~ Four Parks - One Day

We pretty much hit all four parks at least one day in our trips, but it is getting harder for Figment to do so. When she woke up early, I decided this would be a good day to go for our four park tour. We made it to the bus stop just a little after 8!

My breakfast ~ What I wouldn’t give for one of these chocolate croissants right about now. They are so tasty!

We ran into a little snag right away as we hit the Magic Kingdom bus stop. Mom’s ECV wouldn’t go..at all! The bus driver was able to pull up the lever and get the ECV unloaded using the manual drive feature. Once we were off, he looked at it and noticed a loose wire. He was able to jiggle a few things and we had enough juice to make it into the park. We waited about an hour for the company to bring a replacement, but we were able to pass the time by taking the horse drawn trolley with the Dapper Dans riding in the back serenading us along the way! We were going to try to take a ride back up the street in the fire truck since Mom didn't have her ECV, but the CM told us they wouldn't have any Main Street vehicles running for awhile due to the opening song and dance number :( so we worked our way slowly back up the street looking through the stores, with Mom resting as necessary. We got the replacement scooter and Mom was happy to know she hadn’t been wrong in thinking the scooter was acting a bit weird, accelerating and slowing down and just acting a bit wonky during the trip.

We had a great CM cashier at the Emporium where we picked up a few things. She had a great sense of humor and we were bantering while we were shopping. At one point she commented, "Oh my!" when she saw a girl with hair that was a wild mane in back and shaved on the sides. It was a startling hairdo and I think she just sort of let it slip out. She looked at me immediately and said, "Oh no. You aren't a secret shopper are you?" We got to chatting about that and I found out that they do indeed have mystery shoppers and she could get in trouble for making a comment like that, but it was part of her charm :lol: Wouldn't that be a cool thing to be a secret shopper at Disney World?!

Anyhow, after our grand adventures on Main Street, we headed on over to the TTC via the monorail. The new scooter acted up as we were trying to exit the monorail and of course as we are trying to get it figured out, people are shoving on and jostling us all around. I did the best I could, but after a lady rammed me with her stroller I said (in probably what was a bit louder and stressed voice than I normally use) "Excuse us, we are trying to get off, if you could hold off shoving your way in!" We managed to get the ECV rolling and got the heck off the monorail. As the doors were shutting I could hear the lady complaining about how rude I was, but at that point I didn't even care.

And without further ado, here are some photos from our morning adventures on Main Street...

Never before released security footage from the Confectionary ~ Miss, we need you to step away from the Rice Krispie treat, please...step away...

Up next, our grand adventures at the Animal Kingdom with lots and lots of cute animal pictures :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Wow, people can be soooo rude!!!! I'm glad F1gment was able to get a replacement scooter. I think being a secret shopper in Disney would be a super cool gig! :D I love when CM's are totally in character and make your day! I know it's a job for them, but it means so much when they interact.

Great pics Amy!!! Love the Daper Dans! Did you buy yourself that Rice Krispie treat?! Those are so tempting! The park looked pretty empty!

Looking forward to more! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 01, 2013 8:11 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Wow, people can be soooo rude!!!! I'm glad F1gment was able to get a replacement scooter. I think being a secret shopper in Disney would be a super cool gig! :D I love when CM's are totally in character and make your day! I know it's a job for them, but it means so much when they interact.

Great pics Amy!!! Love the Daper Dans! Did you buy yourself that Rice Krispie treat?! Those are so tempting! The park looked pretty empty!

Nah, I passed on the big Mickey krispie ~ I prefer the fresher bricks you can find at the Sunshine Seasons food court in the Land ;)
The park wasn't too crowded, but it was pretty early. We had tried to make it to rope drop, but the ECV malfunction took care of that :(

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Wow, people can be soooo rude!!!! I'm glad F1gment was able to get a replacement scooter. I think being a secret shopper in Disney would be a super cool gig! :D I love when CM's are totally in character and make your day! I know it's a job for them, but it means so much when they interact.

Nah, I passed on the big Mickey krispie ~ I prefer the fresher bricks you can find at the Sunshine Seasons food court in the Land ;)
The park wasn't too crowded, but it was pretty early. We had tried to make it to rope drop, but the ECV malfunction took care of that :(
I hear ya! Why is it that the krispie treats are so darn good in Disney?!?! My mouth is watering now just thinking about it!!! :wink:
Bummer the ECV malfunction screwed up your plans. :(

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Fri 01, 2013 9:45 pm

I have been reading your TR and listening to SSR and it has just made my night. It's been a rough week. Thanks a million!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 02, 2013 5:57 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:I have been reading your TR and listening to SSR and it has just made my night. It's been a rough week. Thanks a million!
Glad I could bring a spot of sunshine to your day :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Off to the Animal Kingdom! Time for the photo heavy portion of the trip report :D

Bad Figment ~ no food on the trail! Actually, I'm pretty sure she did finish up her last cracker before we started down it...

Dung beetle doing what they do best!

I love this pretty marble fountain!

I love this bubbler fountain too!

All of us being cutsie in the Dinosaur attraction photo ~ except the poor little terrified girl :O

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sat 09, 2013 10:18 pm

LOVE your pics Amy!!! What kind of camera do you have? (sorry if I may have asked you this prior) Love the baby elephants, tiger yawning, fountain shots and F1gment under the flowers! :D Bravo!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks b-babe :D Most of these photos were taken with our Sony CyberShot DSC-H3 ~ Figment researched it when she was looking for a new camera a few years back, but she never has been able to use it very well. Even with the image stabilization she has problems getting the pictures to come out in clear focus. Luckily she shares nice and doesn't mind me using it. I also used my waterproof Sony but I don't have that handy at the moment to see what model that one is.
I could stay at the Animal Kingdom for a week and never tire of taking photos there :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Next stop ~ MGM Hollywood Studios

Friendship launch to EPCOT

Another extinct attraction for wewantsdaredhead ~ American Pavilion restrooms. I took this picture because because so many stalls were out of order ~ glad they opened the new facilities!

And I found Jacca crying because he didn’t get the VM he wanted ;)

Candlelight Processional narrator ~ don’t remember who he was ~ anyone recognize him?

The bus driver parked a little too close to on the curb, but he nailed getting the tire between the two lines if that is what he was aiming for! :lol:

All Stars' pretty doorways all lit up at night

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sun 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Lovely pics Amy!!! I love the willow tree, was that in Epcot?! And the bus pic was hilarious!!! You won't if that's what he was really aiming for?!?! We love doing the drawing at DHS, it's a must every time we visit. My dad really gets into it! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 10, 2013 5:43 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Lovely pics Amy!!! I love the willow tree, was that in Epcot?! And the bus pic was hilarious!!! You won't if that's what he was really aiming for?!?! We love doing the drawing at DHS, it's a must every time we visit. My dad really gets into it! :D
Thanks ~ I think the tree was by the International Gateway. It was so pretty all lit up at night! If I remember correctly, the bus driver wasn't that great and we were glad to be off the bus :lol:
The Animation Academy is the best. Figment takes it very seriously! And we love having a free souvenir we have drawn ourselves :D

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Nov Sun 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Love the animal pics!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Sun 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Ok I'm a mite bit behind here..

1. Animal Kingdom post is my FAVORITE. Bar none. Very nice photos!!!

2. Narrator at Candlelight Processional is the only man I would ever leave my husband for, Michael W. Smith - and that's only if he would agree to leave the love of his live, too, which I'm sure he wouldn't. MWS is a long-standing Christian musician. He's been around since the early 1980s, and started as a backup singer for Amy Grant. :) He's one of my favorites.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016