Amy and F1gment take on Thanksgiving 2011

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Amy and F1gment take on Thanksgiving 2011

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 9:11 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Amazing pics!!! When my DW and I took the tour, our guide was super fantastic. He even had pull to get us into the GM lounge! Amazing view from there! Did they offer you a discount at China to eat and special Illuminations viewing? get the ping?
Perhaps they take people to different corporate lounges on the tours depending on whether there are any special events happening?
I know we ended the tour in the China pavilion. I don't recall if there was a discount offered to eat there or not, but I don't think so. We got the ubiquitous pin (that's what you mean by ping right? ;) ), and there was the offer of the reserved Illuminations viewing area, but we didn't take advantage of that.
Our tour guide was ok, he just seemed a bit too low key and slightly disinterested at times.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 10:33 am

yeah we got 20% lunch to eat in China, and were starving so we did, and while I have seen few good reviews it was great. No one around us, and it cost as much as counter service. We ordered dishes we don't have at our local joints. Our tour guide was a "special" tour guide. He does a lot of promotional stuff for Disney. I know that year he was in the Vacation Planning DVD. He had a lot of pull. The GM lounge he said normally wasn't part of the tour. Since it is the only time we ever took it there was no way for me to know if he was blowing smoke up my rear or he was telling the truth. I do admit, I loved taking pics with the animatronic from UOE.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 7:29 am

Love it Amy!

I'm with you about the theater seating in the Norway pavilion. I've always loved those chair backs!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Day 10 ~

Today we spent a good portion of the morning and early afternoon looking around at DTD. After we had found a few souvenirs for friends and family we headed to the Magic Kingdom for fireworks. We ended up watching the MSEP twice because it was sort of rainy and there wasn't a lot of people for the second show. We also watched The Magic, Memories and You from the side and were pretty impressed with how good of a view it was from there. And not very crowded either! Mom talked to the CM while we waited for the second MSEP about what we had seen in the castle moat and he confirmed that it was a gator. He said there is one in the moat and two on Tom Sawyer's Island. The two on the island are being watched closely and were close to being removed to another location due to their size :shock:
Without further ado, here are the pictures from day 10...

One for our Duffy fans out there ~ you know who y'all are ;)

Still amazed at what they can do with Legos!

Can't remember exactly whether Mom asked or the lady offered, either way, Figment slowed down! :lol:

Not the clearest, but who doesn't love the castle cake ;)

We saw the tow motor!!

I seriously had no idea you couldn't see the castle mosaic murals all the time. I guess the only time I try to go through here is in the evening when they are open!

These kinds of CMs are the reason we love Disney! He was directing Mom into the bus on her ECV with his little flashlight thing when he saw I was taking a photo, so he stopped and posed :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Love the pics Amy! I had to laugh at the one with F1gment slowing down to grab a "bite"! :lol: Nice firework shot of the castle and love the one where you got the MSEP turtle spinning in front of the Castle! Very cool!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sat 26, 2013 8:18 am

Nice shot of the Fireworks. Came out great. :D :goofy:

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Sat 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Wait what's this? Updates from two years ago!!!???
;)

Yayyyyyy

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sat 26, 2013 8:40 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Wait what's this? Updates from two years ago!!!???
;)

Yayyyyyy
I know I was totally :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

heeheeheeheehee
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 26, 2013 9:34 pm

cy1229 wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Wait what's this? Updates from two years ago!!!???
;)

Yayyyyyy
I know I was totally :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

heeheeheeheehee
Remember the tortoise and the hare people... ;)
And it isn't just updates, it is still the original trip report! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Day 11 ~ November 28, 2011
Our day in photos ~ minus the first half of the day in which we paid a quick visit to DTD once again. I went to MK directly after lunch at the All Stars food court while Figment took a little rest after lunch in order to stay out until the park closed at 1 am.
Lucky money count for the day ~ penny - 1, quarter - 1

But first...a leftover from a day or so earlier in the trip ~ Figment was thoroughly delighted when she found out we were drawing Jack Skellington at the Animation Academy. And she answered the question correctly to win the animator's drawing! :jack:

I used our Mickey Mouse ice cream bars to give myself Mickey Mouse ears! :mickey:

Rainy afternoon and evening...but that meant it wasn't super crowded :D

I looked a bit like a drowned rat in my photo with Mickey and Minnie, but at least my hair wasn't doing anything crazy due to the humidity for once ;) :lol:

Cinderella's horsie ~ I still have never been able to beat the tiny children in order to ride the dang thing :roll:

Appropriate for the day ~

Castle lighting. The Fairy Godmother was there, but no characters on the forecourt stage with the rain.

These little camel fountains are so cute at Aladdin's Carpets

Mom really enjoys being able to ride the Jungle Cruise. She loves the little elevator on the boat ~ says it is like a little bonus ride :lol: It looks sort of terrifying to me since the boat rocks and sways like crazy when the lift is operating :shock:

Sadly, Figment cannot go on PoC because there aren't any accessible boats :(

RIP Snow White's Scary Adventures

We won't mention who got the higher score...but it's safe to say it is also the one taking pictures and controlling the spaceship ;)

Last attraction of the night ~ It's a Small World at 1 a.m. in the morning!! :D We weren't the last boat dispatched though, just the second to last...

Goodnight MK ~

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Oct Sun 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Great nighttime castle photos. That's also the first time I've ever seen the accessible ramp used for Jungle Cruise.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Mon 28, 2013 7:34 am

I am enjoying the photos--so glad you finally resumed this TR :)
Ya know what I found funny? This TR is so old that they have since permanently shuttered one of the attrations in your pictures. lol

That gave me a chuckle... :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 28, 2013 8:20 am

GeoffS wrote:Great nighttime castle photos. That's also the first time I've ever seen the accessible ramp used for Jungle Cruise.
I have a video that shows the boat rocking like crazy, but I'm not sure how to share a video.
wewantsdaredhead wrote:I am enjoying the photos--so glad you finally resumed this TR :)
Ya know what I found funny? This TR is so old that they have since permanently shuttered one of the attrations in your pictures. lol

That gave me a chuckle... :lol: :lol:
Thanks H ~ I was thinking the same thing as I was looking at the pictures I had taken of the New Fantasyland construction :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 28, 2013 6:20 pm

I know we give you a really hard time about posting this TR so late, but I still am loving it. :)

...for a minute, I thought F1gment was flipping the bird on Buzz. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 28, 2013 8:37 pm

cy1229 wrote:I know we give you a really hard time about posting this TR so late, but I still am loving it. :)

...for a minute, I thought F1gment was flipping the bird on Buzz. :lol:
I looked at that twice as well :shock: Her finger seems extra long doesn't it? But it is definitely her index finger ~ she definitely has some problems controlling the gun on Buzz, but she doesn't let it stop her from enjoying it! It will be interesting to see how she does out in DL. I know the Buzz and Toy Story Midway Mania controllers are a bit different there from WDW, but I can't remember which she can operate better. TSMM wasn't at DCA the last time we were there so that will be new to her for sure.