Amy and F1gment take on Thanksgiving 2011

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Amy and F1gment take on Thanksgiving 2011

Post by NaCler » Dec Sun 30, 2012 1:22 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Wait! Where's NaCler's photo with Duffy?!? :twisted: :wink: :lol:
It's over in his trip thread. Here's the link viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6923&start=180
It's about halfway down the page...But since I'm so nice :twisted: I'll save you the trouble of going over there...
I'm a little bit late on this one (almost a year!)... But that pic is altered!!! Evil, evil woman!!! :cry:

On a side note, I am now going to get caught up on this thread!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Sun 30, 2012 2:47 am

First off.... You always have to "one-up" me, don't you? I post a pic of a rabbit running loose at night in DHS and you post a pic with a rabbit, a squirrel AND a flippin' duck all in one? Come on!! No fair sis!

Love the report and not just because I played a small part in it or that I am mentioned every now and then. ;) you are actually making me miss the AK. Yes, you read that that correctly.

Next time you come back, we're going to Via Napoli as I have never been and it looks awesome.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 30, 2012 10:23 am

mindflipper wrote:DId you have your Spaceship Earth "Future" video e-mailed to you? It's an option you can do after you get off the ride using the consoles surrounding the globe.
Yup, we mailed at least 4 or 5 this past trip. One of the best free souvenirs :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 30, 2012 10:27 am

NaCler wrote:Image
I'm a little bit late on this one (almost a year!)... But that pic is altered!!! Evil, evil woman!!! :cry:

On a side note, I am now going to get caught up on this thread!
Wait, you never saw this before? Hahahahaha! :lol: I know it isn't accurate anymore as you are the slimmer version NaCler 2.0 now, but I think you still secretly love Duffy :mrgreen:
NaCler wrote:First off.... You always have to "one-up" me, don't you? I post a pic of a rabbit running loose at night in DHS and you post a pic with a rabbit, a squirrel AND a flippin' duck all in one? Come on!! No fair sis!
Love the report and not just because I played a small part in it or that I am mentioned every now and then. ;) you are actually making me miss the AK. Yes, you read that that correctly.
Next time you come back, we're going to Via Napoli as I have never been and it looks awesome.
The wildlife playing together was just too good to pass up! Thanks for the kudos. There is more to come, just very slow working with the photos and stuff...caught a bit of a cold a few weeks ago and then some sort of stomach virus Christmas evening and just haven't been right yet. Seems like it would be a good thing to slow down and work on the computer but it hasn't worked out that way yet :(
Oh my, YES, we must go to Via Napoli! If you like Italian food, and thin crispy pizza, and yummy desserts, it is a must! Can't believe you and your Mom haven't ventured there yet :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Dec Sun 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Wow Amy, way to cook through the catch up!

Judging by the appearance and your dislike of the sweetness, my guess for the frosting on the turkey krispie treat is maple flavored. Just a guess though.

I think the red lights in the fish tanks are to keep algae growth to a minimum.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 30, 2012 5:56 pm

cy1229 wrote:Wow Amy, way to cook through the catch up!

Judging by the appearance and your dislike of the sweetness, my guess for the frosting on the turkey krispie treat is maple flavored. Just a guess though.

I think the red lights in the fish tanks are to keep algae growth to a minimum.
Well, that was only one day, and it took about 3 hours last night so the next day might have to wait a bit. I am feeling better this evening, but only barely and I have to work tomorrow and somewhat clean house for an unexpected visit by my brother for New Year's Eve :shock:
Yeah, I can't remember the flavor, I only remember how darned sweet it was. And I like sweets! I'm sure the white was some sort of vanilla flavor, and I'm betting you are right on the maple...I'll stick with my plain rice krispie brick from the Sunshine Seasons food court :D
Thanks ~ I was hoping you might know about the lights. It doesn't seem so red when you are walking on the tour, I think the light flooding in the tunnel from each end helps with that perception, but boy does it show up in the photos!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Sun 30, 2012 8:36 pm

cy1229 wrote:I think the red lights in the fish tanks are to keep algae growth to a minimum.
I believe that is what we were told when I went on that tour back in Jan 2012.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Sun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Yay! More of Amy's Turkey Day 2011 trip!!!! :D Fantastic pictures as usual!
Thanks for the pics of the BtS tour, as we hope to do that one the next time we go...whenever that might be.

I LOVE the picture of your mom eating the zeppoli...she has that innocent-yet-at-the-same-time-guilty look on her face...too cute! Aren't parents cute at that age? ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Sun 30, 2012 9:42 pm

To me, BtS tour at the Land depends upon who you get to do the tour. If the tour guide lacks enthusiasm, it can be boring. Back in June 2012, when we had the meet-up with NaCler, Soarin08, Len90 and Mark86, I did the BtS tour. Here's the link to it:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7822&hilit=len90+j ... 95#p215089

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 31, 2012 8:08 am

mindflipper wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I think the red lights in the fish tanks are to keep algae growth to a minimum.
I believe that is what we were told when I went on that tour back in Jan 2012.
Thanks!
MmeLeota wrote:Yay! More of Amy's Turkey Day 2011 trip!!!! :D Fantastic pictures as usual!
Thanks for the pics of the BtS tour, as we hope to do that one the next time we go...whenever that might be.
I LOVE the picture of your mom eating the zeppoli...she has that innocent-yet-at-the-same-time-guilty look on her face...too cute! Aren't parents cute at that age? ;)
Thanks MmeLeota. Yup, she was looking a little guilty at that moment :lol:
Day 9 includes the Undiscovered FutureWorld tour :D
mindflipper wrote:To me, BtS tour at the Land depends upon who you get to do the tour. If the tour guide lacks enthusiasm, it can be boring. Back in June 2012, when we had the meet-up with NaCler, Soarin08, Len90 and Mark86, I did the BtS tour. Here's the link to it:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7822&hilit=len90+j ... 95#p215089
I would agree with you on the Behind the Seeds tour. Our CM was so passionate about the work she was doing there and was obviously enjoying her program there. It is so inexpensive and a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. I would completely recommend taking the tour if you find yourself in the parks and they are really crowded.
I'm going to have to go back and reread your trip report. Always love looking at others' experiences :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Mon 31, 2012 10:12 am

Amy wrote:I would agree with you on the Behind the Seeds tour. Our CM was so passionate about the work she was doing there and was obviously enjoying her program there. It is so inexpensive and a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. I would completely recommend taking the tour if you find yourself in the parks and they are really crowded.
That's the reason I booked it. Soarin' had 1h20m wait and the Land boat ride had a 50m wait. It was a busy day at EPCOT on 6/2/2012, and as the next tour was about to go in 10 minutes with very few people signed up for it, it was about the only thing I could find to do while waiting to meet up with the others.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:55 am

Day 9 ~ November 25, 2011 ~ UnDISCOVERed Future World tour day

While we were waiting for our bus to EPCOT, I chatted with the MK bus driver who told me he affectionately calls the RTS bus the warthog because it’s so rugged.

Once the bus came, we headed off to EPCOT to guest relations to check in for the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour. There were 10 people in all on the tour. Our host was Christopher who was very nice, but was pretty laid back, perhaps a little too much as he didn’t seem appear to be very interested in the tour at times. The tour itself was nice but there wasn't much new info if you already know quite a fair amount about EPCOT. We did get to see the wardrobe section which was interesting. It is all pretty much self serve now. There are sample costumes so cast members know exactly which pieces they need, and there are bar codes on each costume piece. We also got to peek in on the princesses putting on their makeup and where they get their wigs before heading to costuming. We saw Aurora in her full face and hair leave and walk over to get her dress. That was kind of fun to see, but of course there were no photos allowed backstage. There was also signs in the various departments listing day without injury. Test track stood at 151 days without injury, while costuming was 582 days. I suppose injuries can happen in costuming, but I just thought it was funny at the time.
The tour lasted from 8 - 1. Here are some of the highlights from the tour...

It was pretty nice to see Spaceship Earth with virtually no one else around!

What the Spaceship Earth tiles are made out of

Figment with one of our favorite EPCOT attractions!

The designer of the Land wanted to sign their work on the sides of the walls coming in to The Land pavilion. Disney wanted the walls to be the same symmetrically and nixed the signature. The designer agreed to follow their wishes, but to show their individuality and make a tiny protest, snuck in one tile that was not the same on both sides. Here is Christopher pointing out that tile. It is on the right side as you walk up to the pavilion and almost to the front doors.

This was in the corporate lounge in the Living Seas. They were a bit vague on whether we could take photos in here so I took this one sort of surreptitiously. Being a piano player I was really wanting to try this clear acrylic piano out to see what it sounded like!

This was in the cast member lounge of the Universe of Energy (I think, I'm not 100% sure). We were allowed to take a photo of the AA dinosaurs from the Universe of Energy as long as we didn’t include the break room itself.

Outside of Mission Space is a hidden Mickey in the pavement

Inside the Test Track machine shop. Technically a backstage photo. Shhhhh! ;)

We shared a sandwich, salad and a cream pretzel at Kringlea in Norway for our lunch. It was a bit difficult getting a meal here as they didn’t have all the allergen information and the chef was out when we were there. The pretzel was ok, but not as tasty as it looked.

I went on Maelstrom while Mom finished her lunch. I love the mural!

I think the theater seats that most guests run right through after exiting the boat ride are so pretty.

Hola Donald! Had to photo ninja this one between the guests who are patient enough to stand in the meet and greet queue ;)

I rode Test Track via the single rider line in the middle of a family of five with them continuing to talk around me. Either my eye rolls finally got to them or they decided they wanted to not have to yell around me all the time so the mom finally told me to go on ahead. I probably would have let them get together ahead of me in line if their darling children hadn’t practically knocked me over running to get in front of me right at the doorway to the attraction :roll: As you can see from the first photo, it was really crowded in the queue. In fact it took about 30 minutes up to the first part of the inside load area and a total of 45 minutes before I got into the load area :shock: If anyone is nostalgic for the old TT, let me know, I took a lot of pictures while I waited! Here are a few to tide you over.

Our Disney Visa photo du jour

Of course we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to experience Spaceship Earth again since we were so close!

Land, sea and sky ~ sort of like Horizons!

We normally pass up the play stations in this area but today it wasn’t very busy so we tried our hand at some surgery. Figment wasn’t too pleased at her title of Butterfingers :lol:

Off toward Italy for Illuminations. Mom parked in a good viewing spot while I went and got her some dinner. I also headed to the Candle light processional to take a few pictures of the evening’s narrator, Mira Sorvino.

I have a poor habit of eating popcorn, cheese and a coke instead of a proper dinner on evenings when I teach late and get home around 8 or later. Tonight was the first and only night I can remember on a WDW vacation where I had my favorite dinner ~ I really was happier than I looked in this photo, but I was tired and hot by this time of the night!!

Mom went and looked around Germany while I ate. Then we switched and I went to take some pictures of the train but it wasn’t running. Haven’t seen it since those kids were throwing pennies at the engine the first day we were there :(

We sat a long time before Illuminations started. It was nice to just sit, although perhaps we were just a bit too early. We did not take advantage of the reserved seating that was included with the UnDISCOVERED future world tour as we were able to sit in the accessible seating area which also had a bench for me to sit on as well.
Illuminations was a very nice show with 4 extra minutes for the holidays.

Right before that most memorable sound...

We stopped in Mexico where I went on boat ride and Mom looked at shops. It was the least crowded I have ever seen the inside of the pavilion.

La Cava was la closed :(

We lucked in to the Fountain of Nations show starting just a few minutes after we got in the area. It was a 25 minute show! Thought Mom was going to kill me as she didn’t know the show would be that long ~ but of course, neither did I!
Lucked out with a bus arriving after just a few minutes wait. Back to the All Stars around midnight, which meant no beverages :( I do wish the beverage station would remain open later, or even all night.

Love, love, love these lights!!

And that closes out Day 9 of our wonderful adventure
ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Bravo Amy!!! :D I always see that piano from Dive Quest!!! I would like to play to too, although it's been a long while since I've "tickled the ivory"! I wonder if would sound different being acrylic?! I thought you had some great fireworks shots!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:50 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Bravo Amy!!! :D I always see that piano from Dive Quest!!! I would like to play to too, although it's been a long while since I've "tickled the ivory"! I wonder if would sound different being acrylic?! I thought you had some great fireworks shots!
That's neat that you can see it when you are diving in the tank! I saw an clear piano with tiny lights inside of it when I was little and thought that was just the coolest thing. I've heard the sound quality is different from a regular wooden piano which would make sense. I didn't have a lot of fireworks photos from this night so these were just a few that I liked ~ thanks!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Sun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Amazing pics!!! When my DW and I took the tour, our guide was super fantastic. He even had pull to get us into the GM lounge! Amazing view from there! Did they offer you a discount at China to eat and special Illuminations viewing? get the ping?
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"