PolynesianPrincess' First Trip Report

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: PolynesianPrincess' First Trip Report

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:
Amy wrote:Oh Poly, how disappointing :(
Maybe you could have them keep checking and see if anything opens up at the French Quarter? At least you are currently staying at Caribbean and not in POR where you have some bad associations with the past trip.
Otherwise I echo MmeLeota's sentiments. Sleep and shower in the room and enjoy the rest of the time in the parks :D
I was debating whether or not to do that. Obviously this close out, it's unlikely one will come open. I checked each day individually and the weekend is the problem - there's no rooms on Oct 8 or 9, but they are available Oct 10 and 11. On one hand, I know it would be really great to get to be there again after all, but I'm also afraid the hoping my keep me feeling disappointed longer than accepting and moving on.

It bothers me that we found out this close to the trip when we've been talking about it for so long now, but I hate to think what it would have been like if I hadn't called to pay the remaining balance. We would have gotten there and found out, which would have been even worse.
Oh my, that would have been a bad surprise for sure :shock: Sounds like you liked the last stays at Caribbean so you should have a nice time this time around too.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Thu 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Wow! Thanks for the fabulous information! I didn't realize you had stayed there before. We're just really excited to be staying at our first WDW resort. :D

Anyway, this is your story Poly...16 days and counting!!! Almost to the 2 week point!!!!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:05 pm

You're welcome! Your first stay on property - how exciting! You know once you do it, you can't ever go back, right? ;) :lol: We're working on staying at all of the hotels - our budget kept us at a moderate this time (and we've already been to all of them), but hopefully the trip after this we'll get to try a new one! And then after that, we want to stay in all of the suites. Yes, I dream big. :lol:

Don't worry about stealing my thread or anything - talking about it with you two is helping me feel better and even a little excited about it. My husband is reminding me that we did want to go back to CBR - it's just sooner than we thought - almost two weeks!!!! I can't wait to be done with work and leave!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:You're welcome! Your first stay on property - how exciting! You know once you do it, you can't ever go back, right? ;) :lol: We're working on staying at all of the hotels - our budget kept us at a moderate this time (and we've already been to all of them), but hopefully the trip after this we'll get to try a new one! And then after that, we want to stay in all of the suites. Yes, I dream big. :lol:

Don't worry about stealing my thread or anything - talking about it with you two is helping me feel better and even a little excited about it. My husband is reminding me that we did want to go back to CBR - it's just sooner than we thought - almost two weeks!!!! I can't wait to be done with work and leave!
Just remember to keep getting lots of sleep and proper nutrition ~ can't have the ankle-biters giving you any nasty germs as a going away present :shock:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:11 pm

:lol: Oh yes, kids are nasty. That point sunk in deep when I asked a *fourth grader* if they had washed their hands after using the restroom and they turned around and hurried back to the bathroom. :shock: I've never trusted kids since. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote::lol: Oh yes, kids are nasty. That point sunk in deep when I asked a *fourth grader* if they had washed their hands after using the restroom and they turned around and hurried back to the bathroom. :shock: I've never trusted kids since. :lol:
That just comes out of my mouth automatically now. I even ask the older kids because they are just as guilty as the little ones ~ and I have to touch those same keys they are touching :shock: I buy hand sanitizer by the gallon :roll: My question usually is, "Did you wash your hands?" and they'll nod or say yes. Then I ask, "Did you use soap?!" That usually turns them around...sigh...

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:18 pm

:lol: That was when I was still student teaching and I said it without thinking out of habit from the earlier placements I had done with the younger ones. After that though, I said it intentionally. My current group does pretty well with the hand washing, but flushing the toilets is another story. :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote::lol: That was when I was still student teaching and I said it without thinking out of habit from the earlier placements I had done with the younger ones. After that though, I said it intentionally. My current group does pretty well with the hand washing, but flushing the toilets is another story. :lol:
I teach in their homes, I don't care if they flush ;) Gosh I hope none of the mom's are on here!
Sooo, have you started packing yet?

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:38 pm

:lol: Me too!

Sort of! I've got some stuff crammed in a drawer to be packed, but it's just a few of the things I'll need, but won't use before then. We made our countdown chain last night and have it hanging in our living room.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote::lol: Me too!

Sort of! I've got some stuff crammed in a drawer to be packed, but it's just a few of the things I'll need, but won't use before then. We made our countdown chain last night and have it hanging in our living room.
Ooh! I like the idea of a countdown chain! :D

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Thu 22, 2011 10:59 pm

They're a lot of fun! Last trip we did a quick one made from post it notes, but this time we upgraded to construction paper. :lol: And we each will grab the chain and break it together. It's a fun way to see yourself getting one day closer.

I also have a Disney Princess Christmas Countdown that's magnetic on my fridge, which I end up using for trips too.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 23, 2011 6:26 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:They're a lot of fun! Last trip we did a quick one made from post it notes, but this time we upgraded to construction paper. :lol: And we each will grab the chain and break it together. It's a fun way to see yourself getting one day closer.

I also have a Disney Princess Christmas Countdown that's magnetic on my fridge, which I end up using for trips too.
What does the Princess Christmas Countdown look like? I am intrigued!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Fri 23, 2011 9:59 am

I'll have to take a picture of it when I get home from work! I found it brand new at Goodwill sometime last year.

It's a large magnet with Christmas ornaments that have numbers in them. They you have another magnet that you move around to highlight the number for the day. It has a few of the princesses on there in pretty white and gold dresses. If I remember correctly, it has Belle, Aurora, and Cinderella. I leave it up year round and use it to countdown for everything. :lol:

15 days!!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Fri 23, 2011 11:22 am

I'm late to add in here, crazy day yesterday! But, I feel your pain Poly Princess. You have a certain resort set in your mind, you're already picturing yourself there and then you find out, you don't really have a room there. Upsetting, I agree! I would keep checking up until the day I arrive, you never know when someone is going to cancel, so don't lose hope! B-dude and I always feel sad when we don't get the exact resort we want, you're using your hard earned money and you want what you want. But, on the bright side....you're going to Disney and you are going to stay on property!!! :goofy_bounce:

We too have stayed at CBR, we liked it but thought it was too big! If you request something near the food court area, that's usually helpful. I think you will enjoy it Mmeleota! :D

Keep us posted Poly Princess! And remember, you're going to Disney!!!!! The resort is only part of the vacation, think of the Magic that awaits you at the parks!!!! :D We're here for support though!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I'll have to take a picture of it when I get home from work! I found it brand new at Goodwill sometime last year.

It's a large magnet with Christmas ornaments that have numbers in them. They you have another magnet that you move around to highlight the number for the day. It has a few of the princesses on there in pretty white and gold dresses. If I remember correctly, it has Belle, Aurora, and Cinderella. I leave it up year round and use it to countdown for everything. :lol:

15 days!!!!
Cool! I found a brand new fancy-schmancy WDW photo album at goodwill a few months ago. You would have thought I won the lottery! And it was 40% off!!