Cars Land opening

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

DLfan2011
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Cars Land opening

Post by DLfan2011 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Planning a trip to Disneyland next year to enjoy the old and the new. Has anyone seen any news that is more specific about the opening of Cars Land other than summer of 2012. I would hate to get there to early and it not be open.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Cars Land opening

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Probably early june at the very earliest (they like to keep them right near/at the start of tourist season) but no firm date has been locked down yet.

DLfan2011

Post by DLfan2011 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Is it also correct that Cars Land is the final project in the remodel of California Adventure?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Wed 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I haven't heard any specifics, and I think they may be a bit hesitant to say anything yet too. But I'm thinking they would be aiming for the beginning of the summer season since that will be the huge draw next year.

As far as the "final project" goes, I don't believe Cars Land is it. I believe the Red Car Trolleys and the rest of Buena Vista street isn't supposed to open until later in 2012.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Wed 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Cars Land is scheduled to open in the summer. Buena Vista Street is scheduled for spring 2012.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 11:21 pm

There is no firm date or season for the red car but it probably will be tied to beuna vista street's opening.

I was there today for lunch and I did notice (I think) that all the walls said they won't be coming down till summer of of 2012. They might be trying to tie into the car's land opening since BV plaza, carthay circle, etc. (each section has a name) will not have anything remarkable in terms of attractions and they will have missed the anniversary day.

While it won't be the last project ever, cars land is the last phase of the current redevelopment project.