Halloween at Disney!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Halloween at Disney!

Post by Cub » Sep Wed 14, 2011 1:06 pm

:hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost:

This will be our (my mom, my brother and I) first time at Disney during the Halloween festivities. I am extremely excited about Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party!
Although, I'm having trouble deciding on a costume. Any suggestions? Any tips for this time of the year?

Feel free to share stories about your experiences during this time! I'm so very excited, as if you can't already tell! :lol:
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Cub

Re: Halloween at Disney!

Post by Cub » Sep Sat 17, 2011 7:52 am

Anyone? :lol:
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 17, 2011 8:02 am

I just saw a photo on Facebook where a friend's niece dressed up as the cheshire cat. She wore a purple/pink striped shirt and pants and painted her face with purple/pink stripes and a big white grin and cat ears. Cute and easy...can't figure out how to get the photo from Facebook onto here ~ sorry.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 17, 2011 8:39 am

This summer was the first time I ever saw the park getting decorated for Halloween. I have only heard great things about it so I'm pretty sure you'll have a blast.

As for a costume I would try to do a Disney character...
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Sat 17, 2011 2:04 pm

I actually came across (and bought) a Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas) costume today! I'm even more excited now! :ccat:
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Cub wrote:I actually came across (and bought) a Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas) costume today! I'm even more excited now! :ccat:
Fun! You know we'll be expecting photos right?! ;)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Cub wrote:I actually came across (and bought) a Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas) costume today! I'm even more excited now! :ccat:
That's awesome!! You'll have a blast! :hm_ghost:

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Sat 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Amy wrote:

But of course! This will be my first time going back to WDW since I've joined Subsonic! I'm definitely going to fill you guys in on my trip! :mickey:
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 18, 2011 8:14 am

Cub wrote:
Amy wrote:

But of course! This will be my first time going back to WDW since I've joined Subsonic! I'm definitely going to fill you guys in on my trip! :mickey:
YAY! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 18, 2011 9:26 pm

YAY! Trip report!

We've been to MNSSHP several times and we LOVE it! We've never dressed up (I know, we're boring) but make sure you catch the parade!!! The Headless Horseman and Grave Diggers rock! Also, the Hallow Wishes is a must see! The second parade is usually less crowded!

Have fun, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Mon 19, 2011 12:50 am

It's funny you should mention that....as we are hoping to go to Disneyland's Halloween party next month, and our 13th anniversary is around the corner, we wanted to do a Haunted Mansiones, (yes, I wanted to try to be Madame Leota, but it wasn't working) or Nightmare Before Christmas theme for costumes. We found a Jack costume for hubby, but I can't find a Sally costume for me so I was thinking about trying to put together my own version. We'll see how things go...
Last year we dressed up as Carl and Ellie Frederickson from "UP", but since we decided to go at the last minute, we didn't do a real good job on our costumes. Hopefully this year will be better.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 19, 2011 7:50 am

MmeLeota wrote:
It's funny you should mention that....as we are hoping to go to Disneyland's Halloween party next month, and our 13th anniversary is around the corner, we wanted to do a Haunted Mansiones, (yes, I wanted to try to be Madame Leota, but it wasn't working) or Nightmare Before Christmas theme for costumes. We found a Jack costume for hubby, but I can't find a Sally costume for me so I was thinking about trying to put together my own version. We'll see how things go...
Last year we dressed up as Carl and Ellie Frederickson from "UP", but since we decided to go at the last minute, we didn't do a real good job on our costumes. Hopefully this year will be better.
Good luck finding a Sally costume MmeLeota ~ if all else fails I would think you could get a few things from Goodwill and piece together a good Sally outfit with some big stitching, maybe with black yarn?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Mon 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Good luck. I just checked Disney Store on-line and was surprised to see that they weren't carrying a Sally costume at all this year. You can find the costume on Ebay for about $25 and up (red yarn hair wig seems to be separate).

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Mon 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I found my costume at Party City. Even though they didn't have it on the store's website, they had it there.
-Walt Disney♥

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Mon 19, 2011 7:02 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
I'll have to do some checking next time I go to Idaho Falls... I think the Halloween stores are open by now.