Dining with an Imagineer?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Dining with an Imagineer?

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 31, 2011 2:26 pm

Has anyone done this special dining? I'm looking into doing this in January and am wondering if anyone could tell me what this experience is like and if it is worth it. I know the cost is $60/person, which isn't outrageous, but just curious if anyone has done this before....THANKS!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Dining with an Imagineer?

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 31, 2011 8:27 pm

The Mouskecouple did this last December, I believe. So, you may have to wait until M-Dude gets on here and reads this post. I'm pretty sure that they loved the whole experience. Or, if M-Dude doesn't see this, try reading through the MANY pages of the trip report from the Mayhem Marauders meetup last year. It should be in there somewhere.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 31, 2011 8:37 pm

NaCler wrote:The Mouskecouple did this last December, I believe. So, you may have to wait until M-Dude gets on here and reads this post. I'm pretty sure that they loved the whole experience. Or, if M-Dude doesn't see this, try reading through the MANY pages of the trip report from the Mayhem Marauders meetup last year. It should be in there somewhere.
If they did that this past trip, I don't remember them mentioning it. Maybe I missed that part of the trip report though. I think it would be rather fun, but I've heard the experience varies wildly depending on whom you get for a dining companion.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 01, 2011 12:22 am

You can rent an imagineer? That almost seems cruel for the guy they send over since it probably isn't voluntary.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 01, 2011 6:38 am

Wizzard419 wrote:You can rent an imagineer? That almost seems cruel for the guy they send over since it probably isn't voluntary.
Free lunch and the chance to talk about what you (hopefully) love to do for an hour or two?! Sounds like a great gig to me :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Thu 01, 2011 8:31 am

But after several lunches, answering the same questions over and over and over - I could see it becoming a drudgery...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Sep Thu 01, 2011 9:01 am

Amy wrote:If they did that this past trip, I don't remember them mentioning it. Maybe I missed that part of the trip report though. I think it would be rather fun, but I've heard the experience varies wildly depending on whom you get for a dining companion.
Maybe it wasn't from the MM trip, maybe it was their anniversary trip prior to that??? I know they have done it as I remember M-Dude or Mouseoholic talking about it. Maybe it was the Love Story thread...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Thu 01, 2011 9:06 am

...was it the Mousekecouple...or MmeLeota... :?:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Sep Thu 01, 2011 9:10 am

Mousekecouple... I guarantee it. Oh M-Dude???

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 01, 2011 10:18 am

Wizzard419 wrote:You can rent an imagineer? ....
The table dance is extra....

Yeah, we did it in '09. It was on Day 11 of the "Love Story" trip report. I'll find the link and post it here... (scurries off).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 01, 2011 10:24 am

Mousekedude wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:You can rent an imagineer? ....
The table dance is extra....

Yeah, we did it in '09. It was on Day 11 of the "Love Story" trip report. I'll find the link and post it here... (scurries off).
Oooo, I hope you sprang for the extra table dance! ;)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 01, 2011 10:32 am

Well, here are the two imagineers we had lunch with. We didn't get the table dance because she forgot her costume for it, and he just wasn't my type... :lol:

I went back and found the post from that trip report, and noticed that it is messed up and the last half of it is actually missing! I think it happened back when they were switching servers or something and a whole bunch of our posts got messed up. You guys remember that? Anyway, I don't remember all the specifics about it, unfortunately. It's been too long. I do remember that the lunch was excellent, and the imagineers were very friendly and informative. It was definitely worth it... except the part where a waiter spilled a glass of champagne down Mouseoholic's back... :shock:
But I digress... here's a link to what's left of the "Day 11" post on that thread, if anyone is interested:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6001&start=105

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 01, 2011 12:01 pm

mindflipper wrote:But after several lunches, answering the same questions over and over and over - I could see it becoming a drudgery...
Indeed, I almost wonder if they use people that are almost like the tour guides where they know all the stuff but don't know anything they can't reveal.

Plus side, imagineering is generating money directly, down side you probably get scenarios like "Jenkins, call you wife and kids and tell them you can't make it to Billy's 7th birthday because you're having dinner with some tourists."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Thu 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:But after several lunches, answering the same questions over and over and over - I could see it becoming a drudgery...
Indeed, I almost wonder if they use people that are almost like the tour guides where they know all the stuff but don't know anything they can't reveal.

Plus side, imagineering is generating money directly, down side you probably get scenarios like "Jenkins, call you wife and kids and tell them you can't make it to Billy's 7th birthday because you're having dinner with some tourists."
Hey, for some tourists, it's something they will only do once in their lifetimes; Billy has a birthday every year. :wink: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 01, 2011 12:33 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:

Hey, for some tourists, it's something they will only do once in their lifetimes; Billy has a birthday every year. :wink: :lol:
I think they only have lunch :roll: That was funny though guys! :lol:

Nope, never saw that part of your trip report M-dude. I might have to look into that for next time. Any other souvenirs involved beside the fancy nametag and champagne bath?! Yikes!