Dining with an Imagineer?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Dining with an Imagineer?

Post by Sparten » Sep Fri 16, 2011 2:21 am

Wow!! This is exiting news for me I didn't know you could talk to imagineers like that! being an Imagineer Is my Dream job and I wanted to talk to someone who knows what it's like and get their opinion on it this sounds fun! how do you arrange an appointment?
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 16, 2011 6:50 am

Sparten wrote:Wow!! This is exiting news for me I didn't know you could talk to imagineers like that! being an Imagineer Is my Dream job and I wanted to talk to someone who knows what it's like and get their opinion on it this sounds fun! how do you arrange an appointment?
Here is the link for the overview of the meal: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining ... imagineer/
Here is the link for making a reservation: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reserv ... imagineer/

Looks like it is offered Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. If you choose the Hollywood Brown Derby, that is lunch at 11:30 and if you choose the Flying Fish Cafe, that is dinner at 5:30 It is a pre-set menu, but you can get an idea of what you will be eating by checking out the menus for both restaurants. Also, WDW does a fantastic job of accommodating special dining requests due to allergies, religion, etc. You can find some reviews of the experience online as well if you do a google (or similar) search.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Sep Fri 16, 2011 9:38 am

Hmm now I wonder if they do this at DLR to DISNEY RESEARCH TIME! :D
but When I do get to head to WDW I will definitively have to do this too!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 16, 2011 12:03 pm

So you can keep Jenkins from attending his daughter's after school soccer finals? Excellent...

I don't think they offer it at DLR since, if I recall, imagineering is in Glendale (which is a decent drive).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:So you can keep Jenkins from attending his daughter's after school soccer finals? Excellent...

I don't think they offer it at DLR since, if I recall, imagineering is in Glendale (which is a decent drive).
Now, now, if Sparten opts for lunch, then Jenkins can easily make it to his daughter's after school soccer finals :roll: ;)
I don't remember ever hearing about this program at DLR. I do think if you are well connected you can score a tour of the Disney studios out west, but you have to know someone...sigh...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Or just buy into the package when they offer it on D23.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Or just buy into the package when they offer it on D23.
Those D23 special offerings go faster than your fancy artist posters :shock: :? :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Then you should learn to type faster?

Also, screw Jenkins and his daughter's game, she plays like a polio afflected FDR anyway.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Fri 16, 2011 3:07 pm

...or better yet...

Disney can bring a medium who will make contact with afterlife, and then establish an other-worldly contact with famous imagineers like Marc Davis or Claude Coates. Throw in a meal, and it could be called, "Dinner and Seance with a DEAD Imagineer." They're dead, so it so not like they have any earthly distractions (like a soccer game) to fill their schedule...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 16, 2011 3:30 pm

We could always just hold them prisoner, harvest their brain and develop a means of copying the thoughts and memories to an AI and then give the body back to the family (or mulch it I guess).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Then you should learn to type faster?...
Grrrrr :evil:
mindflipper wrote:...or better yet...

Disney can bring a medium who will make contact with afterlife, and then establish an other-worldly contact with famous imagineers like Marc Davis or Claude Coates. Throw in a meal, and it could be called, "Dinner and Seance with a DEAD Imagineer." They're dead, so it so not like they have any earthly distractions (like a soccer game) to fill their schedule...
Cool! :cool:
Wizzard419 wrote:We could always just hold them prisoner, harvest their brain and develop a means of copying the thoughts and memories to an AI and then give the body back to the family (or mulch it I guess).
Ewwwwww! :shock:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 16, 2011 8:04 pm

You can always do a mental exercise to bring up your typing speed. :D

Think of it like playing a fast song on the piano, but in this case the keys will be replaced by your computer keyboard and the feeling of shame you will feel when you don't meet your goal will be replaced by this electric shock.

Ready? Begin. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 17, 2011 7:20 am

Wizzard419 wrote:You can always do a mental exercise to bring up your typing speed. :D

Think of it like playing a fast song on the piano, but in this case the keys will be replaced by your computer keyboard and the feeling of shame you will feel when you don't meet your goal will be replaced by this electric shock.

Ready? Begin. :D
Nice try...that exercise doesn't work with my piano students, so why would it work for me :roll: ;) :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Awww don't count yourself out, lets just try zapping you for fun first. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Awww don't count yourself out, lets just try zapping you for fun first. :D
Funny you should mention that. The shopping cart I was using at the market today kept giving me a zap :shock: I gave it back to F1gment to push since she didn't seem to be having the same problem :?
Back on topic, I gave F1gment a certificate for her birthday for a meal of her choice on our next trip to WDW. She was contemplating Le Cellier, but I opened my big trap about Dining with the Imagineer. Somehow I think that will be a bit more expensive if she chooses that option ~ but it still sounds like fun!