The Double Boilers Return Home

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: The Double Boilers Return Home

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Well, I thought I would finish up our last day! I've been away from my computer for a few days, so here goes...

Day 6
Our last full day. The last full day is always bitter sweet for me, you know you have the full day and don't have to bother looking at your watch, but in the back of your mind, you know....tomorrow it's all coming to an end. *sigh*

Really this was our bonus day b/c we extended our stay one more night! Otherwise we would've been taking a late flight home. We slept in a little but I did manage another run and B-dude hit Muscles and Bustles again. I ran for 62:00 and felt awesome! It was a bit more humid on this day. Neal ran with me part of the way again, this time he caught up with me as I turned onto the sidwalk and headed toward the YC entrance, it was kinda funny b/c I didn't hear him say my name, I just heard someone breathing heavily behind me, LOL, I thought I had a stalker, I picked up my pace a bit, but when it didn't go away, I turned and saw it was my Sweetie. I was going to continue on the walkway to DHS and that when B-dude said he'd had enuf. Finished my run and we met up by the general store on the BW, got some Vit. Water and walked a lap around the BW. Afterward, we had breakfast on our balcony, got showered and headed to DHS. It was really warm and humid this day and I was feeling sapped from my run, so we were moving a bit slow that day.
Unfortunately the park was crowded again too. There were high wait times for both ToT and RnR. We got a FP for ToT then headed over to the GMR. This ride really needs an overhaul, but we like to ride it at least once a visit! We walked down Commisary Lane and decided to eat at Pizza Planet, then we rode Star Tours of which there was not a high wait time. Then we just wandered around for a bit.
It was sprinkling just a little, but nothing major, it actually felt a little refreshing! We wandered over to Animation Courtyard and got a picture with the Mouse himself and Pooh!
Then we headed over to RnR, we had FP's for this too. Then we stopped for some ice cream on Sunset Blvd, delicious! B-dude lost his cone though, it toppled over. But at least his ice cream was safe in the cup! WHEW! We went through some of the shops then it was time for our ToT FP. Earlier in our afternoon we actually waited for ToT, the line was long and it was hot, it did give me a chance to take some shots of the Tower though.
After our FP ride on ToT, it was starting to turn to dusk. We hadn't seen DHS at night on this trip yet and we really wanted to see all of the lights on! I love this park at night!
We took some pictures and just hung around for a while, it's always sad when you know you're leaving the park for the last time on that trip. *sigh* It was time to say so long for now. We headed back to our resort, stopped at our room and decided to mini golf instead of do EMH at MK. We hadn't done mini-golf in a while and we really enjoy it! We were able to hear and see the fireworks from Fantasmic.
This was the hole I scored a hole in one!
B-dude did manage to beat me by 3 strokes, which did not make me happy. We're very competitive! :wink: All in all, it was fun though! On our way back to our room, we ate at Big River Grill. While we were waiting for our table we played some of the games of chance they have on the Boardwalk. B-dude flung some rubber lobsters into a pot, LOL and won a few stuffed animals. Just what we needed!! We enjoyed our later dinner at Big River then it was time to head to the room and finish packing. We drank in the last moments of our evening on the balcony then headed off to bed. We would have a few hours in Epcot in the morning and the ME was picking us up at 11:30.

It was a wonderful trip! I'm so glad we had the time together. It really was Magical!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 29, 2011 9:39 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Neal ran with me part of the way again, this time he caught up with me as I turned onto the sidwalk and headed toward the YC entrance, it was kinda funny b/c I didn't hear him say my name, I just heard someone breathing heavily behind me, LOL, I thought I had a stalker, I picked up my pace a bit, but when it didn't go away, I turned and saw it was my Sweetie.
:lol: That's cute! :lol:
I spy your pretty new bracelet in your photos with Mickey and Pooh!
DHS is very pretty at night. Lots of neon lights :D
Oh I know what you mean about the last full day. It is fun because you have the whole day, but also sad because you know you are leaving the next day :(

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 29, 2011 9:43 pm

You have an eye for detail Amy :wink: I wore my bracelet for the rest of the trip!!! :D There is something about DHS at night, it's just awesome. And we share the same feelings about the last day of vacation. *sigh* Jan. is going to be tough.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sun 30, 2011 12:52 am

But January 2012 is virtually around the corner! You'll find the distraction of the holidays will make it seem like it will come that much quicker...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 30, 2011 4:28 pm

I feel our Jan. trip will be here too quickly. I'm having anxiety b/c of the race, I want to be ready to run that distance, it's been a long road for me with my leg issue. I will be in severe withdrawel after this trip!

Here are a few pics. from the day we left...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Nice pics ~ looks like your last day was pretty overcast.
LOVE your Japanese Minnie shirt!! Did you get that at EPCOT??

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Yea, it was super overcast, it was supposed to start raining heavily that afternoon, we really didn't care though since we were leaving! :evil:

Actually, my shirt was a b-day gift from my cousin's wife, she knows I'm a Disney nut, she found it somewhere in Chicago. :D She will be among our group and running in Jan with us! :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 09, 2011 1:00 am

Awesome report B-Babe! I really love the Poly shot of the water pageant and the castle lit up in the background. I really look forward to seeing you guys again in January!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 11, 2011 7:38 am

I just read this in a recent issue of MiceChat
TROUBLED WATERS: Over at The Seas with Nemo and Friends there are some ongoing maintenance issues which have resulted in the cancelation of the Dive Quest and other sea pavilion tours for an indefinite period of time. It appears that a filtration issue has caused low visibility in the tank. These issues have been ongoing for almost a month and there is no word on when the tours will resume. The water continues to be tested to ensure the safety of the marine life.
I hope they get everything worked out soon. It seems like they would be able to clear this situation up over a month's time! I wonder what is going on?!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sun 13, 2011 10:08 pm

That's disturbing to see Amy....I hope they can resolve that issue soon.

Thanks NaCler! We're looking forward to seeing you and the other Mayhem Marauders too. I hope we will be there?! Everything is kinda up in the air at the moment. The chronic back/leg issue I have has reared it's ugly head and I'm not able to run at the moment. It's painful to walk and my leg is going numb on me too. It's a very long story, but this is something I've been dealing with for a long time. This condition I have is irritated by the standing I do at work and I've been at my job for over 9 years now, so this is a build effect. I luckily have an appt. with my orthopedic dr. on Thurs. I'm hoping for the best and that I will be able get back to some form of running. The race is not that far away, so it makes me nervous. If I cannot run, we will be cancelling our trip. I can't go and not run, that was the main purpose of this trip, and although I want to see all of you, it would be too painful for me. I will keep everyone posted.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 13, 2011 11:18 pm

I am so sorry to hear about that BB. It has been a really bad year for most of us and I am sorry that it is now affecting you. Hang in there and stay strong. You will overcome this! We're behind you!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 14, 2011 6:59 am

boilerbabe wrote:Thanks NaCler! We're looking forward to seeing you and the other Mayhem Marauders too. I hope we will be there?! Everything is kinda up in the air at the moment. The chronic back/leg issue I have has reared it's ugly head and I'm not able to run at the moment. It's painful to walk and my leg is going numb on me too. It's a very long story, but this is something I've been dealing with for a long time. This condition I have is irritated by the standing I do at work and I've been at my job for over 9 years now, so this is a build effect. I luckily have an appt. with my orthopedic dr. on Thurs. I'm hoping for the best and that I will be able get back to some form of running. The race is not that far away, so it makes me nervous. If I cannot run, we will be cancelling our trip. I can't go and not run, that was the main purpose of this trip, and although I want to see all of you, it would be too painful for me. I will keep everyone posted.
Oh no! I hope they can figure out something for you so you can run. It really seems like you enjoy it and have been doing so well up until now...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Mon 14, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks Amy and NaCler, I appreciate it. It really has been a crappy year! I have alot of faith in my dr. so I'm hoping she can help me and since we know what the issue is, there is no guess work anymore, hopefully they can treat me and I can get back to some type running. It's going to be close though, and it makes me nervous. I'm also not looking forward to therapy, trigger point therapy is very painful. I will keep you posted!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 14, 2011 12:09 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Thanks Amy and NaCler, I appreciate it. It really has been a crappy year! I have alot of faith in my dr. so I'm hoping she can help me and since we know what the issue is, there is no guess work anymore, hopefully they can treat me and I can get back to some type running. It's going to be close though, and it makes me nervous. I'm also not looking forward to therapy, trigger point therapy is very painful. I will keep you posted!
Wow! No boilers in Jan 2012?!? :shock: :( :shock: Awwwwwww man.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 14, 2011 12:53 pm

We got the bad news Saturday, and have been in shock ever since. But we're rooting for you B-babe!!!! You can do this! You're just stubborn enough!