The Double Boilers Return Home

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: The Double Boilers Return Home

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Mon 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh no! You guys have to go!!!!
(although if you don't we'll be close enough to meet up on our own really soon...)

Prayers and pixie dust headed your way BB!

...as far as the tank goes, I told you nemo got in there and jammed up the filter ;) :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks Mmeleota, I will take all of the prayers and Pixie Dust I can get! And you're right M-dude, I am stubborn! :twisted: I'm not saying I'm out yet, I won't go out w/o a fight!

Update for everyone: I was supposed to see my Dr. yesterday but she was out sick, I was told I could not see her until the 28th! Which really made me upset b/c I don't have time to wait right now, the 1/2 is only 8 short weeks away. I called the office back and begged/pleaded and the woman got me in on the 21st! I already set up a phys. therapy appt. for Wed. (30th) So, I have that ball rolling. I tried something different yesterday, Myofacial Therapy. It's in Chicago and it's all these therapists do. I have hope that this may help me along with the Active Release Therapy my phys. therapist does. I'm also going to beg my M.D. for an injection! I will do everything I can to be there in Jan! Don't count me out yet! It may be a start/finish race, I don't care about my time anymore, I just want to be there and run whatever distance I can, w/o pain.

Thanks for all of your support everyone, it means alot to me!!!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Our fingers are crossed you will recover, b-babe!!! We want you there for Jan 2012!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 19, 2011 5:04 am

Stay on it b-babe. Sounds like you are doing all you can do...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sat 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks mindflipper and Amy!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Sun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Thanks mindflipper and Amy!
Forget the times...we just want you to be there..
Plus this way,at least 'someone' will finish behind me. :)
J/k..I hope everything is ok for the 1/2
Keep us posted ...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Tue 22, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks WWDRH! I'm not worried about my time anymore, it would've been nice to run the entire race and PR, but now I just want to be there and run pain free. Even if I have to walk/run at the end, I don't care anymore!

I saw my dr. yesterday. They gave me an injection, hopefully that will help jump start my p.t. which I start tomorrow!!! My therapist is awesome and she seems to think she can get me to cross that finish line! She didn't seem to think I would PR, but like I said, I don't care at this point anymore. I just need to get there!!!

I will keep everyone updated as my therapy starts! Thanks all!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Yay for getting into pt relatively quickly - I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Thu 24, 2011 2:06 am

Okay so I am trying to play catch-up on the board and this is one thread that I definitely needed to read.

Day 1: Gotta love when the room is ready early. It really puts a good feeling in you and makes the vacation feel like it is off to a perfect start
Day 2: Prime Time being disappointing???? What did you end up ordering and who was your server? As for the character drawing, we did it and got Mickey Mouse as our character. I was the best drawer of our family and my Mickey was FAR from perfect. Good to see your Dopey actually looks a lot like Dopey.
Day 3: I have the same shirt that B-dude is wearing :D I also think him and I need to do Mad Tea Party together one day. It seems like we may have chosen the same tea cup to go fast in. It is the green with purple markings and is just in front of you to the right when you enter the attraction. I honestly never experienced a cup that had gone faster and it definitely created a fun 30 minutes of stumbling after the ride.
Day 4: Awwww B-dude definitely scored a lot of bonus points!
Day 5: You didn't take any pictures inside the WoL building? As for the Visa meet and greet we have really lucked out with always getting a different combo. In 2010 we did it twice getting Minnie/Goofy and Mickey/Pluto. Last vacation we did it only once and somehow got Mickey/Minnie. I honestly had never heard or seen that combo appear together at the same time in the Visa area. It was definitely a huge treat.
Day 6: I know that feeling all too well. It always gets to me when I wake up and realize that it is my last day in the parks. BTW: We now know B-dude really has a name, stalker :D

Overall, amazing job as always and pixie dust is being shipped out to Indiana. I really hope that leg gets better so you can run the half pain free.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Awwww, thanks Len!!! I'm working hard on getting better.

I don't remember how our server was at Prime Time, it was a woman and we liked her, just disappointed with the food. Which surprised us b/c the last time we ate there, it was great! I had the fried chicken and B-dude had the chicken pot pie, which was very bland. Maybe it was just an off day?!

You had Mickey/Minnie?!?!?! I'm so envious!!!!

Enjoy your break from your studies!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Fri 25, 2011 7:37 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Awwww, thanks Len!!! I'm working hard on getting better.

I don't remember how our server was at Prime Time, it was a woman and we liked her, just disappointed with the food. Which surprised us b/c the last time we ate there, it was great! I had the fried chicken and B-dude had the chicken pot pie, which was very bland. Maybe it was just an off day?!

You had Mickey/Minnie?!?!?! I'm so envious!!!!

Enjoy your break from your studies!
That is definitely uncharacteristic of Prime Time. I'm glad to hear that your server was good but VERY surprised about subpar food there. I was very shocked about mickey/minnie at the Visa but the photopass photographer had a broken camera. Their flash was misfiring and all the pictures came out dark :(
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"