The Double Boilers Return Home

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: The Double Boilers Return Home

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Tue 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Totally awesome report so far!!! What a beautiful ending to what sounds like a perfect day...that is one purty bracelet. I agree with mindflipper...I think M-dude is rubbing off on B-dude in the romance category...which wouldn't be a bad thing ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 7:33 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Totally awesome report so far!!! What a beautiful ending to what sounds like a perfect day...that is one purty bracelet. I agree with mindflipper...I think M-dude is rubbing off on B-dude in the romance category...which wouldn't be a bad thing ;)
I'm guessing b-babe is also hoping the clean car thing that M-dude has going on will rub off on b-dude too!! :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Totally awesome report so far!!! What a beautiful ending to what sounds like a perfect day...that is one purty bracelet. I agree with mindflipper...I think M-dude is rubbing off on B-dude in the romance category...which wouldn't be a bad thing ;)
I'm guessing b-babe is also hoping the clean car thing that M-dude has going on will rub off on b-dude too!! :lol:
Aw c'mon, Amy! Let's not get B-babe a false hope for a miracle that will never happen! Pigs will sprout wings and fly first (or, given this is a Disney-like site, the three little pigs will sprout wings and fly...) :wink: :mickey: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 26, 2011 8:11 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
Aw c'mon, Amy! Let's not get B-babe a false hope for a miracle that will never happen! Pigs will sprout wings and fly first (or, given this is a Disney-like site, the three little pigs will sprout wings and fly...) :wink: :mickey: :lol:
But...if you can dream it, then you can do it, yes, you can... ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 26, 2011 8:48 am

...and, sadly, dreaming didn't even keep that attraction from being demolished....

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Oct Wed 26, 2011 9:42 am

Hey, I cleaned my car two weeks ago and B-Babe actually rode in it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 26, 2011 9:57 am

Boilerdude wrote:Hey, I cleaned my car two weeks ago and B-Babe actually rode in it.
Was that the second part of her anniversary present?! ;)
Image Either way, good job b-dude! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:47 am

Boilerdude wrote:Hey, I cleaned my car two weeks ago and B-Babe actually rode in it.
Hmmmm, things we have to do to get you post again around here... :wink:

...glad to have you back, B-dude. Any comments on b-babe's trip report so far?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 26, 2011 4:05 pm

He cleaned the "Turd" more than two weeks ago and it's been a while since I've ridden in it! The outside is still filthy and it smells like the Monorail! :shock:

We did have beautiful evenings while we were there. I really can't complain about the weather.

Day 5:
On this day we skipped our morning breakfast on our balcony (but did leave a little offering for our bird friend). We had reservations for the Sweet Sundays brunch. It was part of the Food and Wine Fest, it was a brunch followed by a cooking demonstration and you got to taste the 3 desserts the chef was making. The brunch was fabulous, we were completely stuffed! And cooking demo. was interesting for a while, then I kinda lost interest. The desserts were o.k. Not enough chocolate for my liking. I'm not sorry we did it, I would maybe try a different demo. next time. We were interested in the wine tasting but was a bit out of our price range!

After the cooking demo. we rode TT (we had gotten FP's on our way to the Sweet Sundays brunch). We went over to Innoventions West and got our picture with Disney Visa character meet n greet. It's a nice little perk that Visa offers you, you get a free 5x7! Every time we have done this except for ONCE, it always seems to be Minnie and Goofy. But, how can you resist the Fab 5? It's still fun and a nice perk!

After that we wandered over to the Seas, where we finally found a CM that knew what the story was with the tank! They were in fact having electrical issues, which is why the lighting in the tank was so dark. They removed the bigger sea life until things were going to be fixed. They had one of the skylights open for natural light during the day. I just hope they don't have any "Issues" in Jan! I was relieved to find out that nothing happened to the sea life.

We decided to head back to our resort and take a dip in the pool! This time we went over to the quiet pool. I noticed CM's were doing tie dye, I thought could those be Mickey's they're tie dying?!?! B-dude said "no, they're just regular shirts". So, we investigated further and found out they were in fact making Mickey tie dye!!!!! B/c we were staying on the DVC side, this is one of the activities they do. But of course anyone can pay and do it too! We were so excited!!!
B-babe's:
B-dude's:

After our unexpected adventure, we needed to head back to the room and get cleaned up, we had 7:25 ADR's at the Kona Cafe. We decided to walk to the front of Epcot, pick up our meet n greet pics, and take the Monorail over to the Poly.
This shot was B-dude's idea:
We got off on the TTC and walked over to the Poly. Every time I go to the Poly, it just tugs at my heart! That is where I truly feel at home, B-dude said he feels the same too.
The sky was beautiful again! We wandered around the grounds for a while since we had some time to kill before our ADR:
We headed into the lobby, if only I could bottle that smell and take it with me! We had 7:25 ADR's for Kona and I was getting nervous b/c it was 7:45 and still we were not seated. Our plan was to have a nice dinner then get the perfect spot on the beach for the water pageant and Hallow Wishes!!! Finally, at 7:50 we got seated, the service was good and so was the food!!! We made it out onto the beach and managed to find a good spot!
I was so full from dinner I had to wait to have my Dole Whip until after the water pageant, then I somehow found room for my Dole Whip! Sorry, don't have any photos, I was too busy inhaling my DW. The dance is best when captured in person!
Hallow Wishes:
We hung out on the beach for a while and just took it all in. Then we decided to cab it home, we did not want a repeat of our bus experience! It was well worth it!

Only one more full day left. It's always a bitter/sweet day for me, b/c you know you're going home the next day!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 26, 2011 5:10 pm

That is good that you finally found out what was going on with the tank. I'm surprised they aren't able to fix the electrical problem more quickly. Must be a biggie :( I would guess it should be fine by January though.
Love the tye-dye t-shirts!! I'm going to have to figure out how to do that at home :D Would you mind telling us how much they cost to do? Were they free for DVC members to make one?
Your nighttime photos at the Poly are amazing ~ the skies were so pretty!
No DW dance photos :( or video :( It really is a sight to be shared!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Wed 26, 2011 6:20 pm

boilerbabe wrote:He cleaned the "Turd" more than two weeks ago and it's been a while since I've ridden in it! The outside is still filthy and it smells like the Monorail!
:lol: You know you're a Disney nut when...you compare the smell inside your hubby's car to the monorail! :shock: :lol:

Again, awesome pics! I love those tie-dye shirts! If you don't mind my asking, how much was it to participate? Glad you were finally able to learn what happened to the tank. I'm sure it will all be a-ok by January.

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Oct Fri 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Amy wrote:That is good that you finally found out what was going on with the tank. I'm surprised they aren't able to fix the electrical problem more quickly. Must be a biggie :( I would guess it should be fine by January though.
Love the tye-dye t-shirts!! I'm going to have to figure out how to do that at home :D Would you mind telling us how much they cost to do? Were they free for DVC members to make one?
The shirts were $15 for DVC and $17 for non, but the entertainment value it priceless.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 28, 2011 2:37 pm

$17 is not bad. You're creating a memory (and as you mentioned the entertainment value) that's priceless!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Boilerdude wrote:
Amy wrote:That is good that you finally found out what was going on with the tank. I'm surprised they aren't able to fix the electrical problem more quickly. Must be a biggie :( I would guess it should be fine by January though.
The shirts were $15 for DVC and $17 for non, but the entertainment value it priceless.
MmeLeota wrote:$17 is not bad. You're creating a memory (and as you mentioned the entertainment value) that's priceless!
Considering most shirts are well over $20 there, agreed! Did anyone else check out the links I put up for making your own? I might try it this summer when we can use the dyes outside. It seems a messy project for inside the house.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 28, 2011 10:43 pm

boilerbabe wrote:The outside is still filthy and it smells like the Monorail!
Isn't there a topic about "Disney Smells" somwhere... :?: