The Double Boilers Return Home

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Double Boilers Return Home

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Back in Indiana so soon? But they just got there?!?
...that's what she said.... :wink: :lol:
Oh my goodness, I heard Jim Nabors singing as I was reading this :roll: ;) :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Amy wrote:This was a lot of fun ~ anxiously awaiting the photos from the "real" camera to flesh out the rest of the report. Hopefully b-babe doesn't suffer too badly from post-trip depression this time around!
Exactly what I've been thinking... but I think she's gonna be okay, because January is coming up fast. So she can "stay in the zone", emotionally! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Amy wrote:This was a lot of fun ~ anxiously awaiting the photos from the "real" camera to flesh out the rest of the report. Hopefully b-babe doesn't suffer too badly from post-trip depression this time around!
Exactly what I've been thinking... but I think she's gonna be okay, because January is coming up fast. So she can "stay in the zone", emotionally! :D
Didn't happen last fall when she had those two trips close to one another, but I shall remain optimistic!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote: Exactly what I've been thinking... but I think she's gonna be okay, because January is coming up fast. So she can "stay in the zone", emotionally! :D
Didn't happen last fall when she had those two trips close to one another, but I shall remain optimistic!
Well, if you'll recall... she didn't go into her depression until after the second trip... Yeah, I would remain optimistic. :wink: 8-) :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 18, 2011 8:05 pm

That was really cool. I definitely enjoyed the different perspective a live trip report offered.

I have to say that B-babe definitely has had amazing luck with flying since a 30 minute flight delay is pretty much nothing. I've had delays of hours, cancellations (rebooked for days out), and aborted take-offs. I too share the same feeling that b-babe had upon return home. The minute our plane lands and we get off the plane I really feel like I never left and what I had been living the past "x" days was just a dream.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 18, 2011 8:22 pm

The boilers could always consider this as their "test drive" for their January 2012 trip... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 19, 2011 7:12 am

Len90 wrote:That was really cool. I definitely enjoyed the different perspective a live trip report offered.

I have to say that B-babe definitely has had amazing luck with flying since a 30 minute flight delay is pretty much nothing. I've had delays of hours, cancellations (rebooked for days out), and aborted take-offs. I too share the same feeling that b-babe had upon return home. The minute our plane lands and we get off the plane I really feel like I never left and what I had been living the past "x" days was just a dream.
It was fun hearing everything as it was happening. It will probably help jog b-babe's memory when she writes her trip report too!

Add me to the list of can't believe someone has traveled as much as she has and never had a delay :shock: I've always gotten where I need to go in one piece and within a day or two of when I was supposed to so I won't complain. My backpack had far worse luck getting lost between Dubai and Australia for over a week once.
I wonder if there would be any interest in a study of the effects of vacation being washed away as soon as you return? ;)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Fri 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Excellent trip report M-Dude! Since you didn't get to go, I'm sure the texts and pics made it almost real for you. Thanks for keeping us updated as I enjoyed the "real time" updates, even though I had to catch-up all at once.

Awesome trip as usual Boilers. I am sorry that I could not join you as we were planning. I look forward to the full fledged report whenever you get the chance!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 23, 2011 12:23 am

Howdy Sub family! I'm baaaack! Missed everyone! A HUGE thank you to M-dude for doing our "real time" trip report! That was so awesome, u rock! Drinks at La Cava in Jan! 8-) I will suffer serious withdrawel after our Jan. trip. I was absent for a few days here after this trip b/c B-dude and I returned right to work on Wed. and I had to work the weekend, talk about hitting a brick wall upon returning!

I will be posting a report with pics. but I don't know if I can compete with B-dude's report?! Seriously, he did an awesome job! I did keep a journal on this trip, so I can elaborate a little more, I think?! If nothing else, post more pics!!! I hope to get started on my report tomorrow, after my run! 8-)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Oct Sun 23, 2011 9:13 am

Welcome back Boilers. It's good to see you back on here so soon this time. I look forward to the full report even if it happens to involve the purchase of the bear who must not be named. :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 23, 2011 12:21 pm

NaCler wrote:Welcome back Boilers. It's good to see you back on here so soon this time. I look forward to the full report even if it happens to involve the purchase of the bear who must not be named. :D
LOL, thanks NaCler! We actually did not purchase the bear not to be named...I think that will happen in Jan. though!!! :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2011 12:50 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
NaCler wrote:Welcome back Boilers. It's good to see you back on here so soon this time. I look forward to the full report even if it happens to involve the purchase of the bear who must not be named. :D
LOL, thanks NaCler! We actually did not purchase the bear not to be named...I think that will happen in Jan. though!!! :wink:
Oh goodie! It will be so much more fun to have M-dude there to help select some clothes for Duffy ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sun 23, 2011 4:21 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I will be posting a report with pics. but I don't know if I can compete with B-dude's report?! Seriously, he did an awesome job!
Hmmmmmm, should we get concerned that B-babe can't tell M-dude and B-dude apart? I mean, the two of them could pass for twins... :wink: :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2011 4:23 pm

mindflipper wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:I will be posting a report with pics. but I don't know if I can compete with B-dude's report?! Seriously, he did an awesome job!
Hmmmmmm, should we get concerned that B-babe can't tell M-dude and B-dude apart? I mean, the two of them could pass for twins... :wink: :mrgreen:
Now that you mention it, she does seem to confuse the two of them a lot :shock: ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sun 23, 2011 4:36 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
We really need to have Mousekedude there in person when you do that - we need to have a photo of him as he turns bright red and the smoke fumes emits from his ears... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: