The Double Boilers Return Home

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: The Double Boilers Return Home

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Sure wish somebody was here to make me some rice krispie treats and Dole Whip floats.... :( :cry:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Sure wish somebody was here to make me some rice krispie treats and Dole Whip floats.... :( :cry:
I could mail some, but I don't think they would be very fresh by the time they got there...poor M-dude :(

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Sure wish somebody was here to make me some rice krispie treats and Dole Whip floats.... :( :cry:
I could mail some, but I don't think they would be very fresh by the time they got there...poor M-dude :(
You're right. They wouldn't be edible by then. :( :cry:
But thanks for the thought. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Thu 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Well, if you were to store the rice krispie treats in vacuum-sealed bags and then ship with 2nd day delivery, the treats would still arrive pretty fresh...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 02, 2011 6:29 am

mindflipper wrote:Well, if you were to store the rice krispie treats in vacuum-sealed bags and then ship with 2nd day delivery, the treats would still arrive pretty fresh...
Yeah, and then the price would almost equal Disney too :shock: ;) :lol:
I never made them last night :oops: It was late when I got to where I could make them and F1gment and I are both gone all day today so....maybe over the weekend :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Fri 02, 2011 8:22 am

Good way to celebrate a three day weekend...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:38 pm

Next week at this time we will be Home! Which is extremely exciting! But, I got a disappointing call from Disney this afternoon, Dive Quest is closed! She said they are having "technical difficulty". Whatever that means?! If there are any CM's on here that can shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated. We were so looking forward to our dive. I plan on calling everyday we are there, in hopes it will open early, she said as of right now, it's closed until Oct. 22?! But, I'm not going to hold my breath. So, that is a big bummer. On the bright side, we're going Home, and soon!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:42 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Next week at this time we will be Home! Which is extremely exciting! But, I got a disappointing call from Disney this afternoon, Dive Quest is closed! She said they are having "technical difficulty". Whatever that means?! If there are any CM's on here that can shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated. We were so looking forward to our dive. I plan on calling everyday we are there, in hopes it will open early, she said as of right now, it's closed until Oct. 22?! But, I'm not going to hold my breath. So, that is a big bummer. On the bright side, we're going Home, and soon!
What? Technical difficulties? Weird. I hope it turns out that you can dive while you're down there after all. but if not, at least you know you are returning in a few months. Do you have a dive scheduled for January?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:44 pm

The CM would not elaborate, technical difficulty makes no sense to me! Yes, we have a dive scheduled for Jan. too. But, it's a major bummer! B-dude and I were really looking forward to that, it never gets old!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:46 pm

boilerbabe wrote:The CM would not elaborate, technical difficulty makes no sense to me! Yes, we have a dive scheduled for Jan. too. But, it's a major bummer! B-dude and I were really looking forward to that, it never gets old!
I wonder if the person that is responsible for the dive program will be gone until 10/22? But it would seem like they would have someone else filling in. Or maybe they are going to be cleaning the tanks? Introducing new fish?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:The CM would not elaborate, technical difficulty makes no sense to me! Yes, we have a dive scheduled for Jan. too. But, it's a major bummer! B-dude and I were really looking forward to that, it never gets old!
I wonder if the person that is responsible for the dive program will be gone until 10/22? But it would seem like they would have someone else filling in. Or maybe they are going to be cleaning the tanks? Introducing new fish?
Yea, I guess that's possible?! I'm hoping they are re-installing the dive bell! That would be awesome! I'm not going to pack our masks b/c they are bulky, but I will take our C-cards just in case!!! Maybe some Pixie Dust will be sprinkled our way and we will get to dive after all?!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:49 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
Amy wrote:
Yea, I guess that's possible?! I'm hoping they are re-installing the dive bell! That would be awesome! I'm not going to pack our masks b/c they are bulky, but I will take our C-cards just in case!!! Maybe some Pixie Dust will be sprinkled our way and we will get to dive after all?!
That would be nice if they would re-install the dive bell. Is the c-card your certification card? I'm sure they have masks you can use if you luck out and can dive, good thinking on saving space in the suitcase. You can use that room for more souvenirs :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Yes, "C-card" is our certification card. They do have masks for you to use, I just prefer my own. It's the only piece of eqiupment besides a dive watch, that they will allow into the tank. So, I'm thinking more room, is better at this point! :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 05, 2011 10:57 pm

There could some reasonable explanation as to the Dive Quest closure's "technical difficulties", but it would had been nice if they could have given you more notice. The fact that the notice was given so shortly before your trip makes me think these "technical difficulties" is some problem that has come up only recently. You're still planning on doing Dive Quest in January 2012, right?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 06, 2011 7:51 am

It's possible they may be having some problems with filtering equipment, or something like that, which might upset the p.h. levels and put the fish at risk if a lot of divers were in the water messing up the delicate balance of things. I did notice last time that they seemed to be having some trouble keeping the algae under control. They even had a c.m. in there cleaning it off the rocks and stuff while the Boilers' dive was in progress. I would think they wouldn't be doing cleaning and maintenance during a scheduled dive unless things were getting out of control, so maybe it's gotten worse and they need to stop the dives until they can get back on top of it. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds plausible..... :?