MmeLeota & Chernabog40 trek to the 2011 D23 Expo

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: MmeLeota & Chernabog40 trek to the 2011 D23 Expo

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Tue 01, 2011 5:02 pm

:mrgreen: I knew you'd like that! :roll:
(there's another little line in there that'll make ya laugh too...let's see if you can find it ;) )

Prior to the expo, 2 of the artists took pre-orders for commissions. Creativity was encouraged, so I took the main characters from "our movie", and had them dressed up as our 2 fave villains. (Belle and Beast dressed as Maleficent and Chernabog) So, it was drawn just for us...though anyone else could order one. We are so delighted with it! I'm hoping to have the chance to have a couple more drawn for us at some point too.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 01, 2011 9:41 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Prior to the expo, 2 of the artists took pre-orders for commissions. Creativity was encouraged, so I took the main characters from "our movie", and had them dressed up as our 2 fave villains. (Belle and Beast dressed as Maleficent and Chernabog) So, it was drawn just for us...though anyone else could order one. We are so delighted with it! I'm hoping to have the chance to have a couple more drawn for us at some point too.
Very cool!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Tue 01, 2011 9:48 pm

MmeLeota wrote::mrgreen: I knew you'd like that! :roll:
(there's another little line in there that'll make ya laugh too...let's see if you can find it.
Oh , I definitely noticed it. When I was watching the Rocky Horror Picture show last night I thought of you right after he said it... The antici.....pation.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Rocky Horror Picture Show...for Halloween? Naw, my Halloween Night involves seranading the neighborhood with Hallowishes, the Haunted Mansion, Phantom Manor, DLP's Halloween Parades,...

...does anyone see the pattern here?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 02, 2011 6:35 am

mindflipper wrote:Rocky Horror Picture Show...for Halloween? Naw, my Halloween Night involves seranading the neighborhood with Hallowishes, the Haunted Mansion, Phantom Manor, DLP's Halloween Parades,...

...does anyone see the pattern here?
I wish I lived in your neighborhood ~ that would be awesome :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 02, 2011 4:23 pm

NaCler wrote:
MmeLeota wrote::mrgreen: I knew you'd like that! :roll:
(there's another little line in there that'll make ya laugh too...let's see if you can find it.
Oh , I definitely noticed it. When I was watching the Rocky Horror Picture show last night I thought of you right after he said it... The antici.....pation.
I watched that on Friday night...and did the same thing :D Great minds think alike, eh?

There's actually another little line attached to one of the photos that I was thinking of you when I wrote it...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Sorry Mmeleota... I caught it and forgot to say anything about it... " Did you say Abe Lincoln?"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Thu 03, 2011 5:21 pm

You know, when I first saw that guy in line, the first thing to come to mind was that whole line...

For anyone who didn't catch it, the line is from Robin Hood: Men in Tights when Robin proclaims his friend Achoo as the new sherrif. The townspeople all say in unison "A black sherrif???" to which Achoo responds "And why not? It worked in Blazing Saddles"

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the gentleman in the picture. I just simply quote movie lines for many things in my life...this happened to be one of them. (If that person happens across this picture, I really liked your costume! :) )

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Sun 01, 2012 1:13 pm

I truly apologize for the mega delay that has happened with my trip report. We just made a huge move and though I tried my hardest to make sure all my flash drives and memory cards remained handy, inevitably they have gotten lost in a box somewhere...once I find where they are hiding, I will continue this report...no matter how late it is.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Sun 01, 2012 4:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I truly apologize for the mega delay that has happened with my trip report. We just made a huge move and though I tried my hardest to make sure all my flash drives and memory cards remained handy, inevitably they have gotten lost in a box somewhere...once I find where they are hiding, I will continue this report...no matter how late it is.
We're going to hold you to that! ;)
:D