MmeLeota & Chernabog40 trek to the 2011 D23 Expo

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

MmeLeota & Chernabog40 trek to the 2011 D23 Expo

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Howdy everyone!!! :mrgreen:
Well, we made it safe and sound and are relaxing for a bit before heading out to the Angels game. We just discovered that the card reader is not working properly at the moment so I'm not sure that I will be able to post many pictures for now, but at least I will try to check in from time to time. Also, I will be tweeting from the expo via @happyplace55 if anyone would like to follow along. :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: MmeLeota & Chernabog40 trek to the 2011 D23 Expo

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Yay! Glad you made it there safely. Enjoy the game. Don't worry if you can't post pictures while you are there. Soak up the Disney-goodness and you can share when you return.
Meanwhile I will have to get on over to Twitter and follow the Expo with you guys :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Thu 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Have fun!!! Like Amy said, don't worry about us, we'll be here! Waiting patiently for pictures and a report, just have fun!

I don't do Twitter, otherwise I would follow you.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Fri 19, 2011 9:59 am

Just followed ya!!! started twiiter 2 weeks ago!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:07 am

MmeLeota wrote:Howdy everyone!!! :mrgreen:
Well, we made it safe and sound and are relaxing for a bit before heading out to the Angels game. We just discovered that the card reader is not working properly at the moment so I'm not sure that I will be able to post many pictures for now, but at least I will try to check in from time to time. Also, I will be tweeting from the expo via @happyplace55 if anyone would like to follow along. :mickey:
Hope you had fun yesterday. Boy, that line to get in was huge and today's probably going to be worse since they've sold out already. Were you able to get into the last two sessions? I wasn't able to because they were already full, so I missed out on seeing Dick Van Dyke. The Legends session was fantastic!
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2011 7:18 am

I remembered to check your Twitter feed last night MmeLeota ~ sounds like fun but lots of lines :shock: Not sure I would hold up very well at the Expo, I'm not good at long lines and lots of people :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:04 pm

The D23 Expo can has some big lines. Would it be Disney if you were standing in a long line? Maybe in the future they will introduce the Fast Pass to the Expo...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:39 pm

mindflipper wrote:The D23 Expo can has some big lines. Would it be Disney if you were standing in a long line? Maybe in the future they will introduce the Fast Pass to the Expo...
You know there would be long lines for the FP though right?! ;)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Can't wait to hear the reports! I saw photos on the D23 Facebook page of Dick Van Dyke and that made me all happy.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2011 4:19 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Can't wait to hear the reports! I saw photos on the D23 Facebook page of Dick Van Dyke and that made me all happy.
I just saw those myself, those were pretty neat to see!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 25, 2011 5:17 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Just followed ya!!! started twiiter 2 weeks ago!!!
Thank you! I thought that was you! :D I'm sorry I couldn't tweet more...my phone had some major issues while we were gone. :(
DisneyTimon wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Howdy everyone!!! :mrgreen:
Hope you had fun yesterday. Boy, that line to get in was huge and today's probably going to be worse since they've sold out already. Were you able to get into the last two sessions? I wasn't able to because they were already full, so I missed out on seeing Dick Van Dyke. The Legends session was fantastic!
We got into the "Voices" panel (it was a major priority for me), but we completely missed out on Dick Van Dyke! Apparently a ton of folks missed out, but from what I heard, it was awesome! The "Voices" panel was my fave panel of all!
mindflipper wrote:The D23 Expo can has some big lines. Would it be Disney if you were standing in a long line? Maybe in the future they will introduce the Fast Pass to the Expo...
They did...it was called the "sorcerer" package and it came at a cost of $1000....it got you reserved seating at all panels/arena events, plus lots of other perks as well of course. Only 50 were available... ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 25, 2011 6:52 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
They did...it was called the "sorcerer" package and it came at a cost of $1000....it got you reserved seating at all panels/arena events, plus lots of other perks as well of course. Only 50 were available... ;)
Was that what caused some problems at the event? I heard that the "special" people were paraded (another forum's words, not mine) in front of the people standing in the regular lines and that caused some resentment and grumblings.
Holy crap on a stick ~ $1000?!!?! :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Was that what caused some problems at the event? I heard that the "special" people were paraded (another forum's words, not mine) in front of the people standing in the regular lines and that caused some resentment and grumblings.
Holy crap on a stick ~ $1000?!!?! :shock:
I'm not certain...we were always too far back in line to have seen any of that. But it wouldn't surprise me. I believe there were also "press" folks who got special rights to the panels and what not...I'm also interested in checking out what other sites' members who went are talking about, and comparing it with what we thought (and get the lowdown on all the stuff we missed ;) ).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Thu 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Remember: even though some may have had better access than others at the EXPO, you're still better off than the rest of us - because YOU WERE AT THE EXPO!!!! Nothin' can be that...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Fri 26, 2011 1:44 pm

mindflipper wrote:Remember: even though some may have had better access than others at the EXPO, you're still better off than the rest of us - because YOU WERE AT THE EXPO!!!! Nothin' can be that...
Exactly! This is why we didn't complain too much about not getting in to see things. We were lucky enough to be there! Plus there is so much coverage, I figured whatever we didn't get to see will be on youtube or something...