Yodiwan1 Final Trip report of 2011 7/29-7/31

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Yodiwan1 Final Trip report of 2011 7/29-7/31

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Tue 02, 2011 7:30 am

Ok everyone I have a little bit of time to do this while getting ready for work. On Friday, my wife and I left Coral Springs, Fl at 5:30am. After a quick stop at Dunkin, we journeyed up north. After a quick stop at Ft. Pierce for some forgotten supplies, we finally reached our first stop at 9am...Animal Kingdom! Our friends Mark and Erica met up with us since we were staying with them. We only were going to do a few things at AK, so this is why it was first stop. 1st stop was KIllamajaro Safari. It was a great trip witrh some great views of the giraffes, rhinos, and elephants. I will add the pics at lunch. Our second stop was Dinosaur. After waiting for about 10 minutes we finally got onto the ride...and thats as far as we got. after another 15 minutes of just sitting there, we were evaced. Never even left the loading area! We were given fast passes to come back, but after out next ride we were leaving. WHat could we do with the passes? You shall find out. Out last ride was Kali RIver Rapids. My wife and friends had never been on it, so we made it our last ride in the park. Even bought a change of clothes in case we got too wet! While we did et wet, it was bareable. The little girl across from me however was not so fortunate! lol SHe was drenched to the bone!

I need to run and get ready now. More to come later and some amazing pics!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Yodiwan1 Final Trip report of 2011 7/29-7/31

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 02, 2011 9:46 am

Wow, that's too bad on Dinosaur. Were they keeping you updated while you were sitting there? Or at the very least entertaining you?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 02, 2011 10:01 am

I know others have complained on here about getting stuck on Dinosaur, yodiwan1, so you're not alone...

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Tue 02, 2011 10:28 am

Here are teh best AK pics I took...All from KS. Enjoy!

"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 02, 2011 10:42 am

Looking at that last photo: "Awwwwwwwww, look at the cute kitty sleeping" (reminds me of the way my cat sleeps)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 02, 2011 11:08 am

Oh so THIS is the Fastpass thing... I won't spoil it. :wink: That is a shame about getting stuck on there though. I love Dinosaur, just not the carnotaurus. :shock: And those pictures are fabulous!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Aug Tue 02, 2011 11:50 am

More! More!!
I'm dying to know about this FP thing. I have some old unused Splash Mountain FPs that I need to know if I can do anything with ;)
Keep it coming!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 02, 2011 11:57 am

Loving the report and pics. so far!!! Yea, what about this FP thing?!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Tue 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Ok everyone, lunch break, so I will see how much I can get in!

We left AK and headed off to DHS! To my surprise, Soarin08 called me when I reached the parking lot and said she had just gotten there as well!! We met up just as we walked in. it was only a brief encounter, but well worth it. It was great to put a face with the posts! And i can see why Mr. Brit would have taken an interest in her. Very pretty. :ariel: Ok, now the FP story...Before we left AK I went to Guest relations. I explained how we were on Dinosaur for over an hour(line and ride) and that we were all done at AK, and not coming back during this trip, but we were now heading to DHS. She put in the system that we were eligible for 4 Fastpasses at DHS!!..excluding TSM..DOH! Back to the trip...The girls ran to get TSM FP, while the guys went to redeem the 4 extra FP. Our first stop was Muppet Vision 3d, followed by the Great Movie Ride. We were stuck in the Tarzan scene and the Casablanca scene for 10 minutes each! I will do fine with never hearing, "Here's looking at you kid" ever again!...I need to go pick up my lunch, more to come later!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 02, 2011 2:07 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Image
Awww, the baby elephant is very cute!
Did they say what was wrong with the Rhino? Looks like he maybe had an injury and has some protective coating over it?
yodiwan1 wrote:Before we left AK I went to Guest relations. I explained how we were on Dinosaur for over an hour(line and ride) and that we were all done at AK, and not coming back during this trip, but we were now heading to DHS. She put in the system that we were eligible for 4 Fastpasses at DHS!!..excluding TSM..DOH! Back to the trip...The girls ran to get TSM FP, while the guys went to redeem the 4 extra FP. Our first stop was Muppet Vision 3d, followed by the Great Movie Ride. We were stuck in the Tarzan scene and the Casablanca scene for 10 minutes each! I will do fine with never hearing, "Here's looking at you kid" ever again!...
Ugh, I can't imagine what would be worse..."Here's looking at you kid" or Tarzan's yell :roll:
That's pretty cool on the FP. I never would have thought to do that. I probably just would have tried to use them up before I left the park.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Did you have a Cloud of Doom following you around the parks that day?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 02, 2011 9:43 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Ok everyone, lunch break, so I will see how much I can get in!

We left AK and headed off to DHS! To my surprise, Soarin08 called me when I reached the parking lot and said she had just gotten there as well!! We met up just as we walked in. it was only a brief encounter, but well worth it. It was great to put a face with the posts! And i can see why Mr. Brit would have taken an interest in her. Very pretty. :ariel: Ok, now the FP story...Before we left AK I went to Guest relations. I explained how we were on Dinosaur for over an hour(line and ride) and that we were all done at AK, and not coming back during this trip, but we were now heading to DHS. She put in the system that we were eligible for 4 Fastpasses at DHS!!..excluding TSM..DOH! Back to the trip...The girls ran to get TSM FP, while the guys went to redeem the 4 extra FP. Our first stop was Muppet Vision 3d, followed by the Great Movie Ride. We were stuck in the Tarzan scene and the Casablanca scene for 10 minutes each! I will do fine with never hearing, "Here's looking at you kid" ever again!...I need to go pick up my lunch, more to come later!
You flatter me. :oops: :mrgreen:

I can't imagine being trapped on GMR that long... :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Awesome report so far!!! Your Safari pics are amazing! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!!! (and seeing more of those wonderful pics!!! :D )

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 1:04 am

Great safari photos. Definitely great to see the baby elephant is growing up. I really couldn't get a good view of it last year since mom was keeping it close and far away from the safari trucks. It is kind of a bummer that you had such bad luck with hitting the attractions that day. An hour on Dinosaur and then getting stuck in GMR scenes... YIKES!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Wed 03, 2011 2:23 am

Aw, the giraffe is being bashful and hiding behind the leaves. He's eating in private.